Hammock Parties 08:08 AM 05-12-2017
Kewl

Madden like you've never seen it...#Madden18 pic.twitter.com/1H5gNSVISD

— EA SPORTS Madden NFL (@EAMaddenNFL) May 12, 2017

[Reply]
AssEaterChief 11:07 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
97 THP for Mahomes :-):-):-)
They made him pretty accurate (83 short, 78 medium and deep) and athletic (79 SPD 87 ACC 88 AGI) as well.

I plan on starting him from day one in my yearly online CFM.

Hunt is alright but his speed is only an 87. He does have nice hands and isn't fumble prone.

I'm very disappointed in how they rated Kpassagnon 69 OVR (79 SPD 82 STR) He does have good ACC but he will need a ton of development to make him a viable 3-4 DE.

I was planning on starting him from early in the season but we'll see how fast I can get his strength and block shedding up.
[Reply]
88TG88 08-07-2017, 11:18 PM
This message has been deleted by 88TG88.
Rausch 05:58 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Like the Chiefs...betting on yet another yearly letdown with Fraudden 18
17 Was probably the first Madden I bought in 7 or 8 years. I hated the menu and how hard it was to find and do simple things but loved the RPG elements of leveling players. For the first time it made the between game stuff worth doing (mini-games etc.)

No, it didn't even seem a big leap forward after over 5 years but I didn't feel cheated either.

I really wish EA would move to a model where you could buy DLC you want without buying the game. Hell, I'd keep the same game for 2 or 3 years and be happy if I could pay $20 a year for updated rosters and FA's.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:15 AM 08-08-2017
I guess the scuttlebutt is that game play videos are supposed to be coming out this week / end of this week.

This is always the key for me. all the other hype videos are pointless each year because it's not footage from the actual game.

I thought I read somewhere (maybe even in this thread, I can't recall) that running will feel more realistic this year based on your RB's attributes, height/weight etc. That'll be cool, instead of having virtually all the RBs run the same way in years past.

Excited for the different modes. I'd be more of a sim player for sure. So hopefully a Jamaal Charles type RB doesn't get caught from behind by a DL fatty in the open / getting to the edge. I hope the sim mode truly takes into account the differences in attributes between players' positions on Offense and Defense, and doesn't just suction animation defenders into your ball carrier, despite having an angle/speed/agility over the CPU defender.

Longshot mode sounds interesting...but I'm not sure how much I'll explore it. I played the NBA2k spike lee bullshit (maybe NBA 2k16?), and it was meh. but, at least you got to play some NBA games. (the best part about that was I was a white guy character who's voice didn't match my face lol). Is Longshot mode just going to be like watching a story, with a few occasional button pushes/making decisions? I mean, surely EA wouldn't spend 3 god damn years making something like that....would they?........
[Reply]
Shaid 07:47 PM 08-08-2017
fyi on the Madden deal I've gotten the last few years. Pretty good for a copy on day one. $35 off, more if you have GCU.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10433340-be...=7#commentsBox

Best Buy Stores [Store Locator] offers a $15 Best Buy Gift Card (Minimum) + $10 Coupon Towards Madden 18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) when you trade in Madden 17 (PS4 or Xbox One). Available in-store only. Thanks longmanj9

Note, My Best Buy members will also receive an additional $10 in reward certificates for pre-ordering Madden NFL 18 (PS4 or Xbox One). Gamer's Club Unlocked may save an additional 20% Off. The $10 Off coupon is valid in-stores only. Madden NFL 18 is set to release 8/25. Trade-in values valid 8/06/17 through 8/19/17. Refer to the promotion page for complete details.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:46 PM 08-08-2017
Kinda disturbing no gameplay from EA has been released.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:41 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
yeah, definitely.
[Reply]
bowener 07:24 AM 08-09-2017
They know the public is on to them and their retread game. They can gain nothing by proving everyone's suspicions, and instead, are relying on hype and the fans' hope that the game will be better this year.

Really, when you think about it, maybe Madden is a great NFL simulator. Every year we either buy into the hype that our team will be better or hope like hell they will be better.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:30 PM 08-09-2017
yeah, that's what I've been reading more and more of on forums etc.

They know there aren't any significant changes to the gameplay itself, so they're hyping different modes, Longshot, etc.

we shall see. I hope it's improved. I'm buying it day one because i've been sitting on a gift card for $50 since xmas. :-).
[Reply]
New World Order 02:07 AM 08-10-2017

[Reply]
Dayze 07:15 AM 08-10-2017
watched the video, just randomly fast forwarding to spots and watching a bit here and there.
...that, uh......looks, basically the same as '17. I hope the feel/gameplay is different once I'm actually playing. Post game menu, play selection menu, etc...look identical.

...and, non-game play related but, .....they really need to work on the intros for the GD Super Bowl. That was lame as F. "Ok guys,...we're all gonna stand around at the goal line, then start running when the smoke machine turns on". C'mon man.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:42 AM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hey look it's new footage presented in spastic ADD style so I can't actually tell what's going on

That footage looks pretty good. I see that they still like to use crap music, though.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:46 AM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Shaid:
fyi on the Madden deal I've gotten the last few years. Pretty good for a copy on day one. $35 off, more if you have GCU.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10433340-be...=7#commentsBox

Best Buy Stores [Store Locator] offers a $15 Best Buy Gift Card (Minimum) + $10 Coupon Towards Madden 18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) when you trade in Madden 17 (PS4 or Xbox One). Available in-store only. Thanks longmanj9

Note, My Best Buy members will also receive an additional $10 in reward certificates for pre-ordering Madden NFL 18 (PS4 or Xbox One). Gamer's Club Unlocked may save an additional 20% Off. The $10 Off coupon is valid in-stores only. Madden NFL 18 is set to release 8/25. Trade-in values valid 8/06/17 through 8/19/17. Refer to the promotion page for complete details.
That sounds like a good deal. Sucks for me, though, as I just bought an Xbox One and my Madden 17 is for the 360.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 08-10-2017
A couple of things.

At 22:54....what the fuck is that? Brady sits back there for 6-7 seconds and then gets sacked? Yep....that's totally realistic. :-)

And it looks like the same garbage to me. I don't see a lot that's changed. Same boring entrances.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:13 AM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That sounds like a good deal. Sucks for me, though, as I just bought an Xbox One and my Madden 17 is for the 360.
Get a used one from the bargain bin at gamestop for $8. Worth the $35 off and I think you can still get something for your 360 game as a trade in at Best Buy. Otherwise, you can always wait for the Black Friday. They have this deal every year. It's worth it to me since you get a brand new game for $25 on release day and get to play while Football is happening. If I didn't get it that cheap, I probably wouldn't buy it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 08-10-2017
I'm disappointed in myself too.....because I'm going to buy this. And I'm only buying this because of Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up