ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>Thor: Ragnarok
Bowser 11:09 AM 04-10-2017

[Reply]
unlurking 09:43 AM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The latest trailer look fun and certainly much better than the awful Thor 2 film but it also looks like the director took the GotG influence a bit too far.
It looks awesome, but yeah, my first thought was that it reminded me of Flash Gordon a bit. Kind of campy. Still looks great, but I'm hoping the campiness is mostly the way the trailer was put together.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:08 AM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
It looks awesome, but yeah, my first thought was that it reminded me of Flash Gordon a bit. Kind of campy. Still looks great, but I'm hoping the campiness is mostly the way the trailer was put together.
Taika Waititi was hired to bring levity to an otherwise droll and dark world, so I think the trailer is probably a fairly accurate representation. I just hope it's not too tongue-in-cheek.

For me, Ant-Man had a nice balance of action and comedy. Hopefully, Marvel has finally gotten a Thor movie "right".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 07-23-2017
They are clearly inspired by the Guardians vibe, but it's definitely the right direction to take the Thor franchise. The last one was too serious.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:57 AM 07-23-2017
They also showed infinity war footage but hasnt made it online except leaks that were shut down
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:12 PM 07-23-2017
PG-13 films are NOT for "children".
:-) gmafb

Every Marvel movie outside of Deadpool is a kids movie.

Hell they make these movies to sell toys. Star Wars being no different.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:13 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
:-) gmafb
Yeah, why don't YOU take a 6 year old to loud, violent and bombastic movie and then tell me that it's for kids.

You're a fucking dumbass.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:17 PM 07-23-2017
Yeah, why don't YOU take a 6 year old to loud, violent and bombastic movie and then tell me that it's for kids.

You're a fucking dumbass.
I was 5-6 yrs old when my dad took me to see Keaton/Nicholson Batman.

What's the difference?

Sorry, I wasn't a sheltered kid growing up.

Again, they make these movies to sell toys.

Did you still play w/ toys in Jr high/HS ??? :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:18 PM 07-23-2017
I was 5-6 yrs old when my dad took me to see Keaton/Nicholson Batman.

What's the difference?

Sorry, I wasn't a sheltered kid growing up.

Again, they make these movies to sell toys.
The difference? Well, first off, the VFX, the graphic nature of the violence and the sound systems in movie theaters.

Burton's Batman is NOTING like Batman v. Superman or any number of these bombastic and LOUD super hero films.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:30 PM 07-23-2017
The difference? Well, first off, the VFX, the graphic nature of the violence and the sound systems in movie theaters.

Burton's Batman is NOTING like Batman v. Superman or any number of these bombastic and LOUD super hero films.
:-)

Funny...Each Marvel movie I go to (outside of Deadpool) there are kids everywhere, parents etc. Ages ranging from 6-teens. I'm not debating whether one movie is louder than the other, I just don't think that's a reason parents would keep their kids home from seeing these movies in a theatre. The kids friends see it, kids beg mom and dad to see it. Toys help push the market drive for the movie. Shirts, backpacks, lunchboxes etc.

And you think these parents are going to wait til it comes out on bluray because the movies are just too loud? :-).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:53 PM 07-23-2017
Funny...Each Marvel movie I go to (outside of Deadpool) there are kids everywhere, parents etc. Ages ranging from 6-teens. I'm not debating whether one movie is louder than the other, I just don't think that's a reason parents would keep their kids home from seeing these movies in a theatre. The kids friends see it, kids beg mom and dad to see it. Toys help push the market drive for the movie. Shirts, backpacks, lunchboxes etc.

And you think these parents are going to wait til it comes out on bluray because the movies are just too loud? :-).
You're a fucking moron.

There are many kids that can't handle seeing movies in state of the art movie theaters because of sensory overload, boys and girls.

And if you think that taking young children to see a movie like Wonder Woman, in which graphic WWI violence is shown, good luck parenting.

You're going to need it.
[Reply]
Jamie 03:39 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Brown is best known for his role as Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants
I generally don't complain about millennials since I technically am one, but Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:11 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I generally don't complain about millennials since I technically am one, but Jesus Christ.
He is best known as Lex Luthor int he Timm Superman and Justice League series.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:13 PM 07-23-2017
As long as Loki is in it, should be good enough.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:48 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
He is best known as Lex Luthor int he Timm Superman and Justice League series.
n00b,it's the Kurgan from Highlander
[Reply]
Rausch 09:47 AM 07-24-2017
1) This is a Thor movie borrowing heavily off of "Flash Gordon" from the 80's and not off of GOTG. Watch both clips and then watch the Ragnarok trailers again.

2) This is essentially HULK 2.5. Marvel can include Hulk as an extra all they want so they're jamming as much HULK in here as they can. It also appears from the released and leaked footage that the longer Hulk is Hulk the more Banner bleeds through. And many have hinted to a "much different Hulk" starting with this film.

Basically less CGI vs. Ruffalo and more Ruffalo/Banner in the Hulk.

3) An inclusion (to some degree) of the Unworthy Thor storyline (perhaps my favorite an all of Thor's comix run.)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up