Tribal Warfare 12:43 AM 11-03-2017
A Hela and Thanos connection/coupling seems imminent in the MCU
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:40 AM 11-03-2017
Kids movie
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
I just got back, and my first thought are that it was above all, fun. More than once I was edge-of-my-seat holy-crap excited, which I usually don't get at movies. I absolutely loved the Mark Mothersbaugh (!) score, and the use of music. A few plot points were under-earned, but that's a minor quibble. I like the places they took the characters, and the world-building was exquisite; there were also a lot of jokes, scenes, characters, and happenings beyond what you saw in the trailers. I put it about on par with Guardians of the Galaxy in both quality and feel, so if you liked that I think you'll really like this.
I've got a 7 year old that loved the GotG movies. This ok for them?
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:22 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
A Hela and Thanos connection/coupling seems imminent in the MCU
Please god.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:35 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Please god.
Oh it's happening. It's the closest they'll ever get to showing Thanos's obsession with Mistress Death.

I'd love to see more of Marvel's Cosmic Characters - Galactus (even though they don't have the rights to him or the Surfer), his heralds, Annihilus, the Celestials....all the way up to the Living Tribunal. It'll never happen, though. So we get to see Thanos and Hela hook up. (And can we talk about Cate Blanchett in that leather all goth'd up? Holy Christ.)
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 PM 11-03-2017
Saw it

Worth it
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:56 AM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I should think so, mostly. It's got some S-words and a "son of a bitch" that your child may repeat, heavy drinking, and butt and poop humor, none of which is worse than GotG. The big problem will be the nightmare images - a good number of people get impaled, someone gets melted, there's the giant wolf, stuff like that, and Surtur and his dragon and his army of fire giants could be straight-up nightmare fuel.

But! It has the same kind of lighthearted banter humor, there's lots of color and action, and you could very well end up buying some starships and action figures by Christmas. Seven-year-old me would have loved it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 11-04-2017
I sat by a young kid with her dad and there was talk of an orgy in the movie. She immediately asked "what's an orgy". The dad and I made eye contact and had that whole "uh, fuck how do I answer that" look.

My 4 year old loved it
[Reply]
Ebolapox 05:06 PM 11-04-2017
Wife and I loved it
[Reply]
Valiant 07:59 PM 11-04-2017
Great fun. Packed ton of story in the movie. Seemed 3 hours but didn't last that long.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:33 PM 11-04-2017
It was great, it comes close to trying too hard with humor at certain points, but it's a fun movie, and one of the best MCU movies. I'd put it top 5.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:35 PM 11-05-2017
I'd go Top Seven, anyway. Winter Soldier and Avengers are my 1-2, and this is about on the tier with Captain America, Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spider-Man Homecoming.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:02 AM 11-06-2017
Great great movie. Loved every minute of it.

Reaaally looking forward to Black Panther in Feb.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:53 AM 11-06-2017
As with all things like this, you gotta check it out yourself to see if it's OK for your kids. I would say probably yes, but there were a few adult moments that might be a bit much for a year old.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:49 PM 11-06-2017
I took my 3 (12, 11, & 10). There's maybe 1 or 2 times in the movie that are a bit adult - the only one I can think of is a quick mention of an orgy or something like that. Overall, it's like any other Marvel Movie.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up