« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Jessica Jones
keg in kc 06:34 PM 09-10-2015
Finally a premiere date: November 20th.

Trailer:

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:58 AM 11-28-2015
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
Mr. Fear work so well against the Man Without Fear, so I expect they'll use him for Daredevil if they use him at all.

The main villain has to be someone Mob-oriented; Tombstone would work. Chemistro seems a little too goofball early-70s, and there's no way they're going to have the final fight be him beating up on a tiny woman (again), so Deadly Nightshade is out. My guess is it would be another heavyweight product of the experiments, like Erik Josten, the "other" Power Man.

Personally, I'd like to see Bushmaster, but I don't see that happening for several reasons.
The only problem with Tombstone is the rights might lay with Sony. Power Man/Atlas I could see as a henchman for the real mastermind.

It is pretty easy to explain away the nickname too. I don't think they would need to do the albinism. Just say his nickname is Tombstone because he is a stone cold killer.
[Reply]
DaveNull 12:05 PM 11-28-2015
You all know that Punisher is in the next season of Daredevil, right?
[Reply]
Rausch 12:11 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The only problem with Tombstone is the rights might lay with Sony. Power Man/Atlas I could see as a henchman for the real mastermind.

It is pretty easy to explain away the nickname too. I don't think they would need to do the albinism. Just say his nickname is Tombstone because he is a stone cold killer.
Being an albino isn't hard to believe. Whitening someone's skin isn't hard to do or unrealistic.

Having a guy with purple skin would have been completely different. It's not like purple skin exists naturally in humans...
[Reply]
Rausch 12:15 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
You all know that Punisher is in the next season of Daredevil, right?
Yes, and likely more.

If the fans demand more Punisher Marvel would love it. It can be done with a small budget and you don't worry about blowing up buildings with aliens or someone flying around the town.

I'd love a small action flick. Perhaps something similar to the drew Dredd where you have some flashbacks but the whole story takes place in one building he's storming to take out a big crime lord/bad guy...
[Reply]
NewChief 12:26 PM 12-01-2015
I'm about halfway through first season. This show is really enjoyable. Kilgrave/Purple Man is a great villain.

I just finished the episode where he buys her childhood home.

I really like how they show that he's actually trying to do things involving her without using his powers. He's still absolutely sociopathic, but you can also tell that it bothers him that he can't get things WITHOUT it... so he's trying to bend Jessica to his will without the use of his power (making her send daily selfies). Just really interesting, sick psychology going on with him.

I also like how they keep teasing her "jumping/flying/controlled falling" ability. I'm assuming we're going to get a big reveal of it at some point in the season. They keep talking about it, but we've yet to see her actually do it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:10 PM 12-01-2015
I just finished the season. I liked Kilgrave more than Jones. She was not a likable character and most of her plans were nonsensical.

The series as a whole was pretty boring with just enough action and cliffhangers to keep you til the end. They should have picked a different actress for Jones. I would give it 2 out of 5 stars. A time killer-nothing more.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:28 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I just finished the season. I liked Kilgrave more than Jones. She was not a likable character and most of her plans were nonsensical.

The series as a whole was pretty boring with just enough action and cliffhangers to keep you til the end. They should have picked a different actress for Jones. I would give it 2 out of 5 stars. A time killer-nothing more.
You are probably the first person I have seen that didn't like it.
[Reply]
NewChief 03:07 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You are probably the first person I have seen that didn't like it.
Agreed.

While I haven't watched the whole season, I think the show is really good. I probably like it more than Daredevil, which I really liked. I like the smartass, troubled protagonist, personally.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:13 PM 12-01-2015
I think if this didn't have the Marvel/Superhero angle attached, not sure if it would be worth a shit. I am a few episodes in, and the detective/noir aspect is really poor, and most of the supporting characters suck.
[Reply]
Javabean 04:17 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yes, and likely more.

If the fans demand more Punisher Marvel would love it. It can be done with a small budget and you don't worry about blowing up buildings with aliens or someone flying around the town.

I'd love a small action flick. Perhaps something similar to the drew Dredd where you have some flashbacks but the whole story takes place in one building he's storming to take out a big crime lord/bad guy...
The rumor is that Marvel is having trouble putting together a good, believable Iron Fist series and they're really liking the Punisher's portrayal on season 2 of Daredevil, so they're considering replacing Iron Fist with the Punisher for the fourth Netflix series.
[Reply]
Silock 07:13 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I think if this didn't have the Marvel/Superhero angle attached, not sure if it would be worth a shit. I am a few episodes in, and the detective/noir aspect is really poor, and most of the supporting characters suck.
The second half is much better than the first, but I don't think the second half would have been as impactful without the first.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:09 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Javabean:
The rumor is that Marvel is having trouble putting together a good, believable Iron Fist series and they're really liking the Punisher's portrayal on season 2 of Daredevil, so they're considering replacing Iron Fist with the Punisher for the fourth Netflix series.
More like budget. Origin and 7 cities of heaven are great arcs to do TV but the budget would blow Daredevil and Jessica Jones combined away.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:07 PM 12-02-2015
There's also a rumor that we'll be seeing both Punisher and Iron First series. Who knows.
[Reply]
jonzie04 07:00 PM 12-02-2015
This show is great. That chick Krysten ritter is a great actress. Freaking hott too.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:53 PM 12-04-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
There's also a rumor that we'll be seeing both Punisher and Iron First series. Who knows.
Iron Fist and Cage were already a thing, they were confirmed with the first 5 movies.

Daredevil + JJ + Luke Cage + Iron Fist = Defenders

Wondering who the Defenders will fight now.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up