ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:56 PM 03-06-2018
After watching the finale again, this film “felt” like Star Wars, so much so than the prequels and the “ahem”, new trilogy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:28 PM 03-06-2018
The new trilogy is far better than the prequels, though that isn't really saying much.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:32 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
The new trilogy is far better than the prequels, though that isn't really saying much.
I feel extremely comfortable in saying that I think that after you've watched the final season of Rebels, you'll come to a similar conclusion.

The final 7 episodes, especially the last 4, were as good as anything in the Star Wars Galaxy, ever.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:36 PM 03-06-2018
Must...not...SPOIL.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:38 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Must...not...SPOIL.
No, don't, man.

Don't ruin it. Enjoy it.
[Reply]
eDave 10:36 PM 03-06-2018
Not sure where best to post this:

The Juilliard School announced today that it has received a bequest from Academy Award-winning composer and conductor John Williams of his complete library of concert music and film music scores as well as his sketchbooks.

http://slippedisc.com/2018/03/just-i...-to-juilliard/
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 12:08 PM 03-17-2018
What a great show. I would have preferred them end it a little closer to Scarrif, or maybe right after, but I am completely satisfied with how it was done. Ezra is one of the best done characters in all of Star Wars. I also really like the way they broke away from the narrow dogmatic view of good vs evil and light vs dark. Give Filoni a new project.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:27 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
What a great show. I would have preferred them end it a little closer to Scarrif, or maybe right after, but I am completely satisfied with how it was done. Ezra is one of the best done characters in all of Star Wars. I also really like the way they broke away from the narrow dogmatic view of good vs evil and light vs dark. Give Filoni a new project.
Fits perfectly with the forthcoming re-organization of the Jedi Order under Rey where we will once again see many concepts taken from the EU and brought in to canon. Filoni is a HUGE fan of "Legends" material; it's ALL OVER that show.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:44 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
After watching the finale again, this film “felt” like Star Wars, so much so than the prequels and the “ahem”, new trilogy.

This is true. I finished my season 4 marathon and walked away both happy and sad. Happy that SOMEONE still understands what the fuck SW truly is, and sad that Disney/KK have just completely fucking lost focus.
It's gone. ALL gone. There will never be another trilogy movie worth two fucks; it's just over.
And 'Resistance' just looks like shit. I'm not watching some cheap-assed anime-looking bullshit with 'Battle of the Planets'-characters that could only appeal to pre-teens.

Anywho, Rebels was great. Pure greatness. Great characters with stories that draw you in and keep you posted. "Jyn Erso"? Who gives a fuck?

Just fucking horrible what this franchise has become. Not everything was meant to be the fucking Marvel/DC universe with 800 films.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:18 PM 11-06-2018
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
I hate the concert of Grey Jedi. Keep the simple good/evil perspective. It is what made Star Wars awesome. Drew upon the myths of history.
[Reply]
bowener 09:31 AM 11-08-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I hate the concert of Grey Jedi. Keep the simple good/evil perspective. It is what made Star Wars awesome. Drew upon the myths of history.
I don't mind the concept as long as they don't leave a character mired in that state forever. I would enjoy seeing a new story but similar to Anakin's, where a young Jedi's future is still uncertain and we see them navigate through the gray state until falling to the Dark side. Nothing cheesy, but I'd like to see how they could put together a story that ultimately ends coherently as to why the character chose the Dark side.

edit: Also, I miss Dane. I hope he comes back :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:53 PM 06-14-2019
REX ON ENDOR

CONFIRMED

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:07 PM 06-14-2019
Yeah we've known that for about six months now homie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:27 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yeah we've known that for about six months now homie.
Wrong. Video just came out.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:30 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wrong. Video just came out.
No, Pablo Hildalgo confirmed in an interview around the same time as new CW episodes were announced.
( performs raspberry in Claynus' general direction )
[Reply]
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Up