ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Man of Steel.
munkey 04:41 PM 12-14-2012
It's starting to look like they might finally just get this right...a mix between Smallville and Superman two which IMO makes total sense.

[Reply]
-King- 04:43 PM 12-14-2012
There's no 300+ post thread on this or anything...
[Reply]
munkey 04:49 PM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by -King-:
There's no 300+ post thread on this or anything...
I searched...didn't find one...
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:14 PM 12-14-2012
Thanks for sharing. This looks great.
[Reply]
007 12:56 AM 12-15-2012
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Thanks for sharing. This looks great.
Yeah, but you expect everything to be great.
[Reply]
KCWolfman 02:16 AM 12-15-2012
Being a Superman fanatic, I can say this is the first time I have truly been anticipating something wonderful. I have seen all the films back to Christopher Reeves first and they all were atrocious. The stories have never caught the concept from the comics. I bet this is the one, though. Casting, directing, and producing are all the right people thus far.
[Reply]
Sorter 04:02 AM 12-15-2012
Originally Posted by KCWolfman:
Being a Superman fanatic, I can say this is the first time I have truly been anticipating something wonderful. I have seen all the films back to Christopher Reeves first and they all were atrocious. The stories have never caught the concept from the comics. I bet this is the one, though. Casting, directing, and producing are all the right people thus far.
And as someone who never enjoyed Superman at all, I'm genuinely looking forward to this. I never read the comics, watched movies, etc. for Superman. This looks excellent though.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:48 PM 12-15-2012
Originally Posted by KCWolfman:
The first Donner Superman was great for its time. Pretty dated now. I liked Superman II when i was a kid, but its pretty terrible now. The other two Reeves Supermans are hardly even worth talking about.

Reeves was pretty fantastic as Kent and Superman though. He will be hard to top.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:59 PM 12-15-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The first Donner Superman was great for its time. Pretty dated now. I liked Superman II when i was a kid, but its pretty terrible now. The other two Reeves Supermans are hardly even worth talking about.

Reeves was pretty fantastic as Kent and Superman though. He will be hard to top.
The first Donner film was crap. The Brando scenes were forced and unbelievable and Margot Kidder was extremely unattractive, too harsh and it was ridiculous to believe that Superman would stop and reverse time, just for her. I was like 11 or so when I first saw it in theaters and thought she was fucking gross.

Contrast that to Gene Hackman's cartoonish portrayal of Lex and you've got a really bad movie. The sequels were exponentially worse and Superman Returns was crap as well.

Finally, it looks like Warner's got it right. I guess we'll see...
[Reply]
Frazod 12:04 AM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The first Donner film was crap. The Brando scenes were forced and unbelievable and Margot Kidder was extremely unattractive, too harsh and it was ridiculous to believe that Superman would stop and reverse time, just for her. I was like 11 or so when I first saw it in theaters and thought she was fucking gross.

Contrast that to Gene Hackman's cartoonish portrayal of Lex and you've got a really bad movie. The sequels were exponentially worse and Superman Returns was crap as well.

Finally, it looks like Warner's got it right. I guess we'll see...
Damn, that's harsh. I agree that the first one is now dated, but it was awesome for its time.

And I enjoyed the Donner cut of II.

The other two are complete shit, however.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:14 AM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
Damn, that's harsh. I agree that the first one is now dated, but it was awesome for its time.

I don't even remember what III was about, and I remember IV jsut for the fact that Luthor tried to grow a blonde headed Supermna clone that could only operate in direct sunlight. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 AM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:

I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman and it's a damn shame that the script and casting (outside of the Kansas sequence and Perry White) was so poor.

The Lex portion of the story dumbed down his criminal mastermind to the point of buffoonery and the aforementioned Margot Kidder was the anti-Lois Lane.

Out of all the beautiful and amazing 70's actresses, the producers chose her??? I just never bought it, even as a kid.

John Williams score is legendary and its emotion is probably why people still love the film today. Ottman quoted it several times in Superman Returns.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:37 AM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I don't even remember what III was about, and I remember IV jsut for the fact that Luthor tried to grow a blonde headed Supermna clone that could only operate in direct sunlight. :-)
III was about Richard Pryor as a Computer genious who builds a Super Computer. Extremely hokey in idea and execution.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:42 AM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
III was about Richard Pryor as a Computer genious who builds a Super Computer. Extremely hokey in idea and execution.
Thank you. It's all flooding back now. Didn't Clark split into a Good Supes/Bad Supes kind of thing, too?

Gaaah, awful.
:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:44 AM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Didn't Clark split into a Good Supes/Bad Supes kind of thing, too?
yes....probably the best part of the film.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up