ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 82
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
Predarat 11:10 AM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by TrickyNicky:
In Wichita:

Willie C's Cafe (the one that used to be near Towne East) There's still one across town now, but the old one had a great Pac-man table that my sister and I would always sit at. Eat some greasy two-bite tacos and get down on some power pellet action. Nothing better.
Willie C's was awesome! I still remember that Crane.

And what the hell happened to Showbiz Pizza, all they have now are those weak ass Chucky Cheeses. Showbiz pwns that stupid mouse! Probably the pussification of America and everyone being scared of that gorrilla that played the synthasizer.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 11:16 AM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by DMAC:
There was a restaurant that had Crab Leg and Steak buffet once a week.

It was in Ash Grove.

I think it was called Penningtons.
its still there.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan4Life 11:19 AM 11-02-2006
Damnit

I'm hungry now

Assholes
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:19 AM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by AZChiefFan:
I remember that place. They had a 'fixin's bar' where you could put whatever you wanted on your burger. I had a Smacky the Bear puppet. I think his name was Smacky.
Smacky the bear?
It was Smaky the Seal, which it ironic, as Kellogs Sugar Smacks had a Seal mascot as well.

[Reply]
ptlyon 11:20 AM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by arc:
I'll bet that's what it was. We were pretty special here. :-)
That's why we talk slow to ya'all.
[Reply]
DMAC 11:21 AM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
its still there.
Huh, I had heard it was gone.
[Reply]
Calcountry 11:29 AM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Trachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.
I remember Sambo's, they made a pretty killer waffle.
[Reply]
Megbert 11:56 AM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Smacky the bear?
It was Smaky the Seal, which it ironic, as Kellogs Sugar Smacks had a Seal mascot as well.

I stand corrected. I guess it was a AW Bear puppet.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:05 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by AZChiefFan:
I stand corrected. I guess it was a AW Bear puppet.
Ah. The Great Root Bear.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:17 PM 11-02-2006
Do you guys still have A&Ws? They have them here but they are just another fast food place here (except you can get a chili dog :-) ). All the charm of the old place is gone (no more Papa, Mama, and Baby Burgers, you can't get it "in a basket", you have to stand in line at the front to order instead of having a waitress or using the phone, etc).
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:21 PM 11-02-2006
Do you guys still have A&Ws?
Yup.
[Reply]
RJ 12:22 PM 11-02-2006
This goes back 40 years and I haven't been back there since but in KC there was a place called Paul Bunyan Burgers. I don't know if it was a chain or just one store. There was a huge (in my memory) paul Bunyan figure in front. I liked their tacos more than the burgers. The one I remember was maybe on Parallel Avenue.

Ring a bell with anyone?
[Reply]
Predarat 12:23 PM 11-02-2006
Do you guys still have A&Ws? They have them here but they are just another fast food place here (except you can get a chili dog :-) ). All the charm of the old place is gone (no more Papa, Mama, and Baby Burgers, you can't get it "in a basket", you have to stand in line at the front to order instead of having a waitress or using the phone, etc).
My first job was in a food court at Towne East Mall in Wichita working at an A and W. We still made the Rootbeer from scratch in the store. When I moved to Tennessee they have A and W's combined with Long John Silvers. I miss those drive ins like a sonic where you could get Root Beer in a two gallon container like milk comes in now. That was some good stuff! I bet that help give me some cavaties because that stuff was sweet!
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:34 PM 11-02-2006
Heres one;

Original Pizza Independence Ctr Food Ct.

[Reply]
MOhillbilly 12:51 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by DMAC:
Huh, I had heard it was gone.

it was still there this summer.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 82
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up