ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we still need a slot WR?
UChieffyBugger 04:32 PM 03-20-2018
Now Wilson has left I'm wondering who will play In the slot? I've heard some guys say "Conley can play there" but from what I understand the guy has not really played on the inside either for the Chiefs or In college? When Wilson didn't play last season the slot position looked quite poor tbh, So I'm thinking Veach will be looking to bring one In. There are some decent prospects In the draft like Keke Coutee, Daesean Hamilton and Anthony Miller to name a few.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:10 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by RustShack:
We have Hill, Watkins, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, and DAT. I think we are pretty set. If we get anyone else it’s through the draft and not early.
I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks but Robinson fucking sucks ass.

He rounds off his routes and his hands or shaky.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:12 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Jordan Matthews is trash.
If Matthews is trash (and I'm not disagreeing), Demarcus Robinson is a trash truck.

He's pure fucking garbage.

I don't understand why anyone believes he'll be worth a shit in 2018.

Marcus Kemp has WAY more upside.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:14 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Conley is kind of terrible at the kind of routes that slots run though. He seems way more straight-ahead speed kind of guy. The guy who mentioned Chesson might be on to something though.
Actually, Conley should be in the slot running patterns over the middle.

He's a big guy and is a good possession receiver.

He and Kelce would be a mismatch for most linebackers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:18 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Cut DAT on June 1 for his roster spot.
The Chiefs just gave him a $90k signing bonus and he's unable to work out at this point.

I'll be surprised if he's even active before Week 10.

That leg injury was gruesome.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:41 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If Matthews is trash (and I'm not disagreeing), Demarcus Robinson is a trash truck.

He's pure ****ing garbage.

I don't understand why anyone believes he'll be worth a shit in 2018.

Marcus Kemp has WAY more upside.
Why you hating on Robinson? For one the kid barely got thrown to by Alex despite making a habit of getting open on countless occasions. Secondly what was his best game for the Chiefs? Oh yeah, the playoff game where he caught four balls within a minute, the fourth catch leading to a TD. He's a kid who's clearly got potential and is still learning his trade, no need to rag on him. The likes of Adam Thielan didn't do much In his first few years In the league but last season he was a sensation. Just need to have a little patience.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:42 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Why you hating on Robinson? For one the kid barely got thrown to by Alex despite making a habit of getting open on countless occasions.
He fucking sucks ass

Secondly what was his best game for the Chiefs? Oh yeah, the playoff game where he caught four balls within a minute, the fourth catch leading to a TD. He's a kid who's clearly got potential and is still learning his trade, no need to rag on him.
Who fucking cares?

The likes of Adam Thielan didn't do much In his first few years In the league but last season he was a sensation. Just need to have a little patience.
Go fuck yourself, n00b
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:49 PM 03-21-2018
He ****ing sucks ass

Who ****ing cares?

Go **** yourself, n00b
SMH kids these days man, you just can't tell em anything :-) .
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:51 PM 03-21-2018
SMH kids these days man, you just can't tell em anything :-) .
Oh, you have GOT to be kidding
[Reply]
chinaski 07:53 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
What about this Deiter kid we have on the practice squad. I saw a clip where he could be our slot with great hands. He doesn't drop anything.
Him and Mahomes are chums too, so that's good I guess.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:03 PM 03-21-2018
There have been sooo many times where Conley is just completely wide open and Smith didn’t look/throw his direction. He could really bust out with Mahomes and with another legit WR taking even more defenders away.
[Reply]
oldman 06:57 AM 03-22-2018
Actually, Conley should be in the slot running patterns over the middle.

He's a big guy and is a good possession receiver.

He and Kelce would be a mismatch for most linebackers.
I agree, Dane. He'd be my 1st choice for the slot. With Hill and Watkins on the outside and Kelce all over the place, they can't double everyone. Could be a very good year for Conley.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:59 AM 03-22-2018
Originally Posted by RustShack:
There have been sooo many times where Conley is just completely wide open and Smith didn’t look/throw his direction. He could really bust out with Mahomes and with another legit WR taking even more defenders away.
I think that will change.

If anything it will be odd having to say "man, he missed that check down to the HB..."
[Reply]
Rausch 07:39 AM 03-22-2018
Back to topic I don't think we need a slot guy with how we use Kelcee.

But having one just gives us more options, and more toys for 2PM to play with is a good thing...
[Reply]
Best22 07:42 AM 03-22-2018
Maybe Veach wants to surround Mahomes with veterans on offense?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up