ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign NT Xavier Williams
O.city 02:42 PM 03-20-2018

#Chiefs scoop up DT Xavier Williams from Arizona. Fits the Brett Veach model, 26-year-old ascending four-year player. Born in KC, played at Grandview. @TerezPaylor had it first.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) March 20, 2018

[Reply]
RunKC 02:58 PM 03-23-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Yup. Far more attractive options in the draft at 3-4 End than NT as well. Quality players will still be available into round 4 at DL.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a DL be our first pick with Allen Bailey being in a contract year and secondary being really deep in the draft.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:52 PM 03-23-2018
Wow.

We paid Logan $8 million last season to address the NT position.
Williams making roughly $2.7 over two years is great. Nunez-Roches is getting $1.9 this season alone. I’m shocked the Cardinals walked away from this, scheme change or not. Boy was I out on the money...

They probably just let the kid go home. Doing the right thing.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:09 PM 03-23-2018
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
They probably just let the kid go home. Doing the right thing.
If they were going to let him go anyway, then why waste the tag on him? It's not like the transition tag netted them a draft pick.
[Reply]
ct 10:28 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think that defensive end is much more likely now than an NT because they have Williams and Hamilton, who played well in the Titans playoff loss.

The Chiefs don't need three NT's on the roster.
of course, and so is OLB and S and CB and OG...

just saying if a stud NT falls in your lap, this contract should absolutely NOT prohibit KC from grabbing him
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:31 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by ct:
if course, and so is OLB and S and CB and OG...

just saying if a stud NT falls in your lap, this contract should absolutely NOT prohibit KC from grabbing him
Yes, it absolutely should stop them.

The Chiefs don't need to waste valuable resources on a two down player.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:31 AM 03-24-2018
Hopefully he produces.

I'm not a big fan of this one...
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:32 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Hopefully he produces.

?

He’s cheaper than Nunez-Roches and outproduced Logan. No brainer here.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:35 AM 03-24-2018
?

He’s cheaper than Nunez-Roches and outproduced Logan. No brainer here.
I'm not a fan.

We all have opinions...
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:35 AM 03-24-2018
Hopefully he produces.

Dude is still young, I expect his best is yet to come because, by all accounts, he reeeally wants to be here... he is a local and is glad to be home, thats solid motivation
[Reply]
Rausch 10:49 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dude is still young, I expect his best is yet to come because, by all accounts, he reeeally wants to be here... he is a local and is glad to be home, thats solid motivation
I hope it works out...
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:56 AM 03-24-2018
I'm not a fan.

We all have opinions...
:-)

I never heard of the kid before we signed him, so I am curious if there is something, in particular, you don't like.

Since he has signed- Williams seems like a great kid, a local boy and huge Chiefs fan. Very motivated to prove he belongs and to play in front of his family-plus he signed a very cap friendly deal. Am I missing something?
[Reply]
Rausch 11:10 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

I never heard of the kid before we signed him, so I am curious if there is something, in particular, you don't like.

Since he has signed- Williams seems like a great kid, a local boy and huge Chiefs fan. Very motivated to prove he belongs and to play in front of his family-plus he signed a very cap friendly deal. Am I missing something?
No...

[Reply]
RustShack 11:59 AM 03-24-2018
Hopefully he produces.

You’re not a fan of a young cheap productive player? Why? He’s paid like a backup and more than good enough to start.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:07 PM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think that defensive end is much more likely now than an NT because they have Williams and Hamilton, who played well in the Titans playoff loss.

The Chiefs don't need three NT's on the roster.
Dorsey valued valued versatility if we do draft a DL currently he'll play be capable to play any of said positions if necessary.

I'm still jockeying the idea that Veach values SPARQ superstars until proven otherwise like Dorsey.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:39 PM 04-15-2018
What is the fascination with the Williams?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up