ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosted Cardinals DT Xavier Williams
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:46 PM 03-18-2018

Some restricted free agent intrigue: the Chiefs hosted Cardinals DT Xavier Williams on a visit this weekend, per source. If Williams signs elsewhere, the Cardinals can match or lose him for no compensation.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2018

[Reply]
threebag 12:23 PM 03-19-2018
Hopefully Dorsey learns from his mistake here and doesn't cripple the Browns just as they get turned around. I get excited at the idea of the Browns kicking the Steelers ass a couple times a year.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:26 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by RustShack:
They are. No more large bonus for like in this instance playing 8 games in Arizona next year.
You're right. Its gone since the 2014 CBA.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:37 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
There is no mess. KC has enough money to overpay Watkins, sign a stud LB and sign other FA's.
Lulz. They should have had 50 million available
[Reply]
RustShack 03:31 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
There is no mess. KC has enough money to overpay Watkins, sign a stud LB and sign other FA's.
Uh what? Dorsey was terrible at managing the cap... that’s why he’s not here anymore.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:34 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Dude is scheduled to make around $1.9 million.

I wonder what the price point is? Pennel got $4 million per on a 3 year deal. Similar in age, but Pennel is bigger and more productive. I would guess the Chiefs offer multi-years at $3-$3.5 million per.

We’ll see if the Cards value him that much.
I feel pretty good about this. Not as much demand for 3-4 NTs. Cardinals may not be enthused about staying in a 3-4. Possible chiefs are only making this move with the hope of drafting a long term replacement.

Chiefs have a big need for nt. So if he walked out without a contract, I bet and hope it's because we have leverage. Bet we can get him for a bargain
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:45 PM 03-19-2018
Uh what? Dorsey was terrible at managing the cap... that’s why he’s not here anymore.
and another possible reason as well is the Marcus Peters pick who just kept getting more diva as time went on(regardless of his 19INTS in 3yrs) to the point of a locker room cancer thus AR/coaching staff/CH had severe resentment for Dorsey coupled with mismanagement of the cap and Dorsey's lack of professionalism with Maclin and Berry. All the above IMHO.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:25 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I don't think we realize how much Peters (as good as he was) put a drag on our defense. They mentioned his name on Sirius the other day when they were talking about someone that didn't like to tackle. The other guy blurted out "Like Peters"
And Buttons too! Don't ever forget him.

Look at defensive production pre-22, then look at the same numbers during Peters' tenure as a Chief.
Yes, there were other factors but the numbers don't lie:

Chiefs defense was far more effective in the two years of the Reid era leading up to the drafting of Marcus Peters than they were during his time as a Chief.
Don't forget; the argument those first two years was that the defense was kicking ass while the offense was dragging ass.
[Reply]
blake5676 02:20 PM 03-20-2018

Chiefs sign restricted free agent nose tackle Xavier Williams https://t.co/mY9AfYi5RF

— The Kansas City Star (@KCStar) March 20, 2018

Posted in the Free Agent thread but probably more relevant here.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:23 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by blake5676:

Posted in the Free Agent thread but probably more relevant here.
do up a new thread.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:25 PM 03-20-2018
So terrible that 30 million was created with no problem and 2 of the top free agents were signed. This 'he couldn't manage a cap" stuff is overblown.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:58 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So terrible that 30 million was created with no problem and 2 of the top free agents were signed. This 'he couldn't manage a cap" stuff is overblown.
Dorsey did well with Sean Smith, Hussain Abdullah, and Mitchell Schwartz. All of his other deals were crap.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:01 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dorsey did well with Sean Smith, Hussain Abdullah, and Mitchell Schwartz. All of his other deals were crap.
Maclin was bad ass in 15'
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up