ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Netflix: Babylon Berlin
listopencil 07:42 PM 03-16-2018

I'm a few episodes in and it's enjoyable.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:07 PM 03-19-2018
I finished up the show. I found it enjoyable and it mostly held my attention. I'd recommend this.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:37 PM 03-23-2018
So, I had a serious Homer Simpson 'Doh!' moment watching this. There is an episode where a piece of music plays a certain part in the plot. It was played very simply early on in the episode (I think by a street vendor and a little boy whistling) and I recognized the tune as Mack The Knife fairly quickly. Of course I got annoyed thinking that they were cheaping out by using an old tune that they wouldn't have to pay much for, and thinking that it was a crappy move to use an American tune from the 50's in a show about pre WW2 Germany. And to top it off the tune was featured in an opera of sorts in the climax of the episode...

...and then I learned that I didn't know shit about Mack The Knife, lol.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:58 PM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I think you'll like it. As I understand there is a version that has been dubbed in English but I like to watch stuff like this in the original dialogue. I'd rather hear the voices of the original actors as I am a very quick reader and I can follow along easily.
I speak German (or I used to) fluently. I watch it without the subtitles and, amazingly, since I haven't been in Germany in 35 years - it only took about two episodes for me to follow right along.

Good show!
[Reply]
listopencil 09:54 PM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I speak German (or I used to) fluently. I watch it without the subtitles and, amazingly, since I haven't been in Germany in 35 years - it only took about two episodes for me to follow right along.

Good show!
Cool, glad you are giving this show a chance. I really got into it.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:47 AM 03-27-2018
Cool, glad you are giving this show a chance. I really got into it.
It is actually quite good!
[Reply]
Miles 12:36 PM 04-21-2018
Have a few episodes left but this one is really good.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:14 AM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
I find I don't even notice it other than I can't watch passively and mess around on the internet. Think your mind kinda adapts to put it all together so you don't even notice your dealing with subtitles.
Yep. After awhile it's like the brain puts the focus on reading in another compartment so you can enjoy the action. English dubs are more jarring to me than subtitles
[Reply]
listopencil 09:40 AM 09-10-2018
‘Babylon Berlin’ Confirmed For Third Season, Plot & Shoot Details Revealed

https://deadline.com/2018/07/sky-con...in-1202432386/
[Reply]
Miles 08:44 PM 02-29-2020
Third season hits tomorrow. This first two seasons were among some of the the best stuff on Netflix.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:52 AM 03-06-2020
I've only managed to watch the first episode so far. I like to save it for when I can pay attention. It's a bit of a jar to go from the bustling action of the end of one season to slow burn build up of the next one, but I am enjoying it. I would still recommend it but it's not the kind of show that you just leave on and wander around while doing chores.
[Reply]
Miles 12:01 AM 03-07-2020
I've only managed to watch the first episode so far. I like to save it for when I can pay attention. It's a bit of a jar to go from the bustling action of the end of one season to slow burn build up of the next one, but I am enjoying it. I would still recommend it but it's not the kind of show that you just leave on and wander around while doing chores.
Might be easier to follow in the background if you speak German.

I’m only on the second new episode for the same reason. I actually like the side effect of the subtitles on a show of this quality making me actually pay full attention. Dark was another German Netflix show I loved and same with the subs.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:51 PM 03-17-2020
I listen to the dubbed-over voices. Sometimes the German but subtitles make me miss the visual impact. It is fantastic. Season 3 is now on Netflix and it gets even better. I binged watched it last week.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up