ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Free Agency-Eve Fun Mock
kccrow 08:57 PM 03-13-2018
Who gives a shit about cap space and free agents? Veach, likes to be aggressive and wants some guys that can "run run?" Let's go...

Mock Trades

Chiefs trade Patriots Round 2(54) and 2019 Round 2 for Round 1(31)
We all know how much ol’ Bill loves stock piling those 2nd round picks so, for fun, I’m having the Chiefs reach on up into the 1st.
Chiefs trade Vikings Round 3(78) and Round 6(209) and 2019 Round 3 for Round 2(62)
The Vikings have a history of making deals with the Chiefs, but it won’t come too cheap.

DRAFT

1 (31) – EDGE Sam Hubbard – Ohio State
6’5” 270 40|? VERT|35.0” BENCH|? 3CONE|6.84
The Chiefs have to be at the end when it comes to Dee Ford. While they are, in all likelihood, stuck retaining Ford another season (injury guarantee), I just don’t see a guy that can’t adequately set the edge being in Veach’s long-term plans. Hubbard is a bit of a pro projection in that he didn’t put up any gaudy sack totals at OSU. Hubbard does, however, show that he can set the edge against the run while also providing a very good pass rush (even if he doesn’t get home every time). Hubbard has the athletic traits that project very well to the NFL. In a relatively thin (and quite literally for many prospects) edge class, the Chiefs may have to make a move if they want one.

2(62) - DT Tim Settle – Virginia Tech
6’3” 330 40|5.37 VERT|23.5” BENCH|? 3CONE|7.95
The Chiefs have struggled defensively and, if not, they certainly haven’t been anywhere near the dominant unit they were when they had Dontari Poe in his prime. Settle’s on-field play is very much like Poe’s, with a quick and disruptive get-off to go with his 330+ pounds of mass. This is a big reason I’ve had Settle rated as a 1st round selection, but it seems the pundits are pushing him into the late 2nd to early 3rd. Once Settle develops professional moves and hand usage, plus adds some more muscle with a pro trainer, he has a very high ceiling. The Chiefs’ defense relies on a disruptive plug at NT.

3 (86) – FS/CB Dane Cruikshank – Arizona
6’1” 209 40|4.41 VERT|38.5” BENCH|25 3CONE|6.89
Cruikshank has outstanding size and athleticism and a gritty, passionate play demeanor that will certainly get his tape noticed. He’s played primarily CB, but he’s struggled with speedy, shifty receivers on the boundary and doesn’t play well with his back to the ball. When the play is in front of him, like this year when he moved to SS, Cruikshank has shown the ability to make plays on the football and be a difference-maker, plus he’s an outstanding hitter and tackler. All that said, I see Cruikshank’s best fit in the NFL at free safety where he can use his great range and speed to his advantage.

4 (122) – CB Holton Hill – Texas
6’2” 196 40|4.49 VERT|31.0” BENCH|14 3CONE|6.83
Hill has a solid overall physical makeup with good speed and good feet. Very solid at coming downhill to make tackles in space. Decent play-making ability on the football and will take it to the house when he gets his hands on it, but could get less grabby and more aware when the football is in the air. Likes weed too much or he’d be a 2nd round player. Definitely needs to get his head on straight and become a professional, but he’s worth a gamble in the late 4th.

4 (124 f/LAR) – ILB Genard Avery – Memphis
6’0” 248 40|4.59 VERT|36.0” BENCH|26 3CONE|6.90
If Brett Veach is looking for guys that can fly to the football, then Avery should stand out on tape. This is a guy that can play sideline-to-sideline as an inside linebacker, or can bend the edge and get the QB as an OLB edge rusher. A guy like Avery is the perfect rotational piece in a 3-4 defense in sub-packages, you can drop him off into space where he can cover or you can bring him on the rush.

7 (233 f/ ARZ) – WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling – South Florida
6’4” 206 40|4.37 VERT|30.5” BENCH|15 3CONE|?
Valdes-Scantling is a long-strided burner with size and the Chiefs have shown interest. If Veach has given us an indication so far, he wants a fast offense with the ability to strike from anywhere, and Valdes Scantling can certainly catch the deep ball. He needs some work on routes, but he’s got the tools to work with. I think KC takes a shot on this kid to complete their receiving corps.

7 (243 f/ TEN) - QB Jeremiah Briscoe – Sam Houston State (6’3” 220)
6’3” 220 40|? VERT|? BENCH|? 3CONE|?
Briscoe absolutely dominated FCS competition the past couple of years running a shotgun spread attack, but he showed a plus arm and solid pre-snap read ability. He did make some throws he won’t get away with at the next level, but he can learn. Briscoe definitely has raw tools to work with and is a bit of a gunslinger. Not bad traits for a late round QB prospect that will likely be a 3rd stringer while he learns.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:19 PM 03-13-2018
Shit man, I’d do those deals. Get those defensive holes filled ASAP and take a few runs at the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:57 AM 03-14-2018
What if Taven Bryan was still there at 31? Seen him go that late in a few mocks
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:04 PM 03-14-2018
lol at a 6th rounder moving us up 15 slots in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:21 PM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
lol at a 6th rounder moving us up 15 slots in the 2nd.
Maybe you mis-read, it was 2 thirds and a 6th for the 15 slot move up?
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:32 PM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Maybe you mis-read, it was 2 thirds and a 6th for the 15 slot move up?
I did miss that! Yeesh!
[Reply]
Chargem 01:52 AM 03-15-2018
If we do move up to the 1st, I hope it isn't for an edge guy. Based on how FA has gone, I think the high picks have to be DL or safety, with a corner in the 3rd
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:21 PM 03-15-2018
Reading up on Hubbard just now in my guide, really like that choice
[Reply]
Up