ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (2/28)
Direckshun 05:25 PM 02-28-2018
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs cut OLB Tamba Hali.

4. The Chiefs sign WR Albert Wilson 3 years, $15m ($6m guaranteed), C Zach Fulton 3 years, $13m ($6m guaranteed), CB Terrance Mitchell 2 years, $4m.

6. The Chiefs tender NT Rakeem Nunez-Roches.

7. The Chiefs sign RB Akeem Hunt, FB Anthony Sherman, DE Jarvis Jenkins, ILB Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Terrance Smith, CB Kenneth Acker to minimal deals.

8. The Chiefs let walk QB Tyler Bray, WR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Jordan Devey, NT Bennie Logan, ILB Ramik Wilson, CB Phillip Gaines, CB Keith Reaser, P Dustin Colquitt.

9. The Chiefs sign QB Chase Daniel (Saints) for 2 years, $8m, TE Virgil Green (Broncos) for 1 year, $2m, DT Jay Bromley (Giants) for 2 years, $6m, ILB Avery Williamson for 2 years, $8m.

10. The Chiefs are picking 22nd, and they have three conditionals: a 7th for OT Isaiah Battle, a 7th for DE David King, and a 7th for CB Marcus Cooper.

The draft:

2. CB Kameron Kelly, San Diego State

A long (6'2") corner with good playmaking abilities. This team is going to need some more juice on the outside, and Amerson is only a short-term solution. Kelly is a great athlete who will need some refining. Fortunately, the Chiefs have four guys in front of him on the depth chart which should afford him some time to get his footwork and fundamentals down.

3 (Smith). S Quin Blanding, Virginia

The Chiefs are needing better tackling and playmaking ability out of their safeties. Sorensen is another short-term patch, and Blanding is the guy Sorensen should be. I'm higher on him than most anybody I've read, but I still think this guy has really good upside, and the ability to be a mainstay for the next 8-9 years at strong safety.

3. DL B.J. Hill, North Carolina State

A true block of granite guy who will need considerable work on his passrush, but the Chiefs desperately need more strength against the run. I'm going to believe Terez Paylor when he says Sutton wants to revert back to the 2013-2015 defenses, which call for fewer dime packages and more aggression. Hill would be an excellent, though developmental, fit.

4. OLB Hercules Mata'afa, Washington State

Mata'afa is one of the most puzzling prospects in this draft, but I believe in coaching. The Chiefs are going to need to get their passrushing coaching down, because this guy is basically constructed to be a really good rusher off the edge. The problem is that Washington State had no idea how to play him, and moved him all along the interior. Mata'afa, therefore, is brimming with talent but really needs to completely develop a passrushing repertoire.

4 (Peters). DE Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hays State

Did you watch the Senior Bowl? Because Shepherd destroyed it. I'm at the point where I'm thinking he could creep into the 3rd or 2nd round. He is just inhumanly strong, and his power moves (against inferior competition) are the stuff draft .gifs are made of. He's a really fascinating talent, and since this team likes to coach them up, I think he has a ton of upside to exploit.

6 (Foles). OG/C Skyler Phillips, Idaho State

The Chiefs have pretty good depth at guard so this is me just having a good ol' time. Phillips can move a bit but this dude is a power guy. That's what he does. He runs over defenders, and playing at Idaho State has essentially allowed him to manhandle defenders for years. At the NFL, he's going to have his technique work cut out for him, but the Chiefs have had some success drafting 6th round projects.

7 (Battle). CB Jalen Davis, Utah State

The Chiefs are already 6-deep at corner but they ran with 7 DBs for part of 2018 as well. Plus, other than Steven Nelson, all their CBs are outside guys. Davis is a slot guy who has Peters-esque ballskills. If you're going to let a huge playmaker go, you better bring another one (or three) in.

7 (King). WR Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana

The Hoosiers have been churning out some receivers in recent years, and Cobbs fits the typical Indiana mold: really solid numbers, huge body, red zone domination, with good speed. He comes from a far simpler offense than the one Reid employs; will be interesting to see how he'd excel in our offense.

7 (Cooper). QB Kyle Lauletta, Richmond

This is not the only time I've drafted Lauletta with one of these late picks. I think it's the third? But I really liked him at the Senior Bowl, where he won MVP. Lauletta has Career Backup written all over him, as he seems to be a sharp passer who makes smart decisions. That's obviously not the most inspiring praise, but this is the bottom of the 7th and the Chiefs would like an option.

roster:

QB: Mahomes, Daniel, Lauletta
RB: Hunt, Ware, West, Hunt
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, Chesson, Cobbs
TE: Kelce, Harris, Green

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Morse, Ehinger
C: Fulton, Erving
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Phillips
RT: Schwartz, Witzmann

DE: Jones, Jenkins, Shepherd
NT: Nunez-Roches, Bromley, Hill
DE: Bailey, Hill

OLB: Ford, Kpassagnon
ILB: Ragland, Smith
ILB: Williamson, Pierre-Louis, Eligwe
OLB: Houston, Mata'afa

CB: Fuller, Amerson, Nelson, Mitchell, Kelly, Acker, Davis
S: Berry, Blanding, Sorensen, Murray, McQuay

K: Butker
P: some dude
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:49 AM 03-02-2018
We have good depth at guard? I guess if you consider having a plethora of below average guys good depth.

Our options at left guard are complete shit.
[Reply]
Beerthirty 06:16 PM 03-20-2018
Ready for your updated mock. I enjoy seeing them, especially how you update the depth after.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:06 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Beerthirty:
Ready for your updated mock. I enjoy seeing them, especially how you update the depth after.
Thanks buddy. I get around to it whenever I have about an hour of down time.

I've had less of it this year. You should have been around in years past; I'd post one literally every day, Dane would come in and call me a toolbox, we'd all laugh and have soft serve.

They were truly the halcyon days.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up