ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 45
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
KCUnited 06:13 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is starting to remind me of the winter of 1994/1995 in Chicago. Below zero all week, then on the weekend it would warm up enough for another 4"-6" inches of snow, then go back down below zero. Seemed like that pattern repeated for about a month. The snow accumulated so much that most people who parked outside lost the use of their cars, which were buried up to their roofs in hard, frozen snow. I remember my street was like an ice canyon with rear view mirrors sticking out of the sides. I didn't have a car at the time anyway, so I was walking everywhere. It was absolutely miserable, and seemed like it would go on forever.

Of course, later that same year, the summer was so miserably, relentlessly hellish that over 700 people died from the heat.
Had to run an errand yesterday and driving through the city is pure aids right now. Buses can't make it to the curb due to the mountains of snow so they're stopping in the middle of streets to let people on/off, same with UPS/FedEx and every other delivery vehicle.

And despite me digging my trash bins out of a 1000 lbs of snow, the city hasn't come by in 2 weeks for pick up because the alley behind us looks like some off the grid Alaska shit. Fingers crossed they pick up today :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Had to run an errand yesterday and driving through the city is pure aids right now. Buses can't make it to the curb due to the mountains of snow so they're stopping in the middle of streets to let people on/off, same with UPS/FedEx and every other delivery vehicle.

And despite me digging my trash bins out of a 1000 lbs of snow, the city hasn't come by in 2 weeks for pick up because the alley behind us looks like some off the grid Alaska shit. Fingers crossed they pick up today :-)
Good luck with your garbage, but as I'm sure you know we're going to get blasted again today, and it sounds like it will be worse in the city and south.

Do people still dig out their parking spots and claim them with random junk?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:12 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Good luck with your garbage, but as I'm sure you know we're going to get blasted again today, and it sounds like it will be worse in the city and south.

Do people still dig out their parking spots and claim them with random junk?
You know it. There's random shit scattered up and down the street. I dug out my neighbors designated handicap spot and set some work cones out for them to keep people from parking there but that's about the only the extent I'll go to.

For those unfamiliar with dibs

[Reply]
KurtCobain 06:47 PM 02-14-2021
My fingers have ceased to work properly!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:51 PM 02-14-2021
Killed my fucking four year old car.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:54 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Killed my fucking four year old car.
?????
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:53 PM 02-14-2021

How’s the weather in Nashville you ask? pic.twitter.com/wBklLlmLP6

— Mark Elliott (@markmobility) February 14, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:00 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Wow, lol...they had no chance at all on that slope
[Reply]
Bowser 07:23 PM 02-14-2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:57 PM 02-14-2021

Wind Chill Warning issued for Houston, Texas. Not just rare, but the first ever! #kare11weather

— Ben Dery (@BenDeryKARE11) February 14, 2021

look at their NWS page

https://www.weather.gov/hgx/
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:09 PM 02-14-2021

look at their NWS page

It’s forecast to be 12 degrees Tuesday morning in Houston... actual temperature (not even factoring in wind chill).

That has to be close to their all time record low.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:18 PM 02-14-2021

look at their NWS page

Yeah I have a cousin that lives outside of Houston 40 miles on a big ranch in Needville, TX. He was out doing some extra pipe insulation yesterday and today. He also has a generator big enough to power everything in his house and a 1000 gallons of propane, if an ice storm takes out the power.

He grew up in Montana, so this is no big deal to him, he said bring it on.

[Reply]
Frazod 08:27 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah I have a cousin that lives outside of Houston 40 miles on a big ranch in Needville, TX. He was out doing some extra pipe insulation yesterday and today. He also has a generator big enough to power everything in his house and a 1000 gallons of propane, if an ice storm takes out the power.

When I was stationed in Norfolk, a quarter inch of ice would paralyze the city as effectively as two feet of snow. Fucking southerners absolutely panicked. The entire area was mostly flat, and they'd still slip and slide all over the place. It was funny, until they started slipping and sliding in my direction.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:

We looked at an acreage in Needville.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:53 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We looked at an acreage in Needville.

It's a nice area out in the country, nothing like Houston. What a difference 40 miles makes.
On a side note, I woke up to -6 and we are in theory going to get above zero for the first time in weeks. The only downside is the wind is going to be blowing a bit and the wind chill is going to be -25.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 45
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up