petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:31 AM 12-14-2018
Ron Rivera Would look good as a DC when he gets fired
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 01:36 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
I was playing a video game the other day where one of the faction's 2nd-in-command, following an embarrassing loss, was covered in pitch, set on fire, and thrown off the Hoover Dam.

Food for thought.
Spoiler he lived
[Reply]
JakeF 01:39 AM 12-14-2018
Wasn't the loss to the Colts in the playoffs even worse? Didn't fire him after that.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:41 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Wasn't the loss to the Colts in the playoffs even worse? Didn't fire him after that.
Yes we had a better defense and Berry played the whole game.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:49 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
Spoiler he lived
True, but he wasn't 2nd-in-command anymore, and any mention of his real name was punishable by death (a Chiefs theme normally reserved for kickers).
[Reply]
bevischief 03:57 AM 12-14-2018
2 sticks trying would have been better than this...
[Reply]
bevischief 04:07 AM 12-14-2018
Pitch forks
[Reply]
bevischief 04:21 AM 12-14-2018
:-):-):-):-)
Attached: asssdfghjkhgftry.jpg (68.1 KB) 
[Reply]
bevischief 04:23 AM 12-14-2018
Hunt WTF DO YOU NEED. We can re-start the fly overs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:23 AM 12-14-2018
Sutton is clearly a huge problem. But I'm not convinced are late game problems will go away as long as Andy Reid manages games. I'm not entirely convinced Suttons conservative protect the lead strategy isn't heavily influenced by Reid wanting his coaches to play safe
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:36 AM 12-14-2018
I hate Sutton just as much, or maybe more than most Chiefs fans, but when it comes to losing big games after having a double digit lead in the second half, Reid has become an expert.

I am not saying Sutton and his defense isn't to blame for this loss, and I am actually saying the exact opposite, but the offensive play calling in the second half was sketchy at best. We were wildly successful with screen passes in the first half, which took away some of the Chargers aggressiveness. But in the second half we didn't even try a screen except for a couple of bad plays to Hill.

But, we scored 28 points on a top 10 defense, and had a 14 lead halfway through the 4th quarter. Losing this game is just inexcusable and highlights the utter incompetence of Sutton and his scheme.

We blitzed Berry on the opening Chargers drive, and forced Rivers into a bad throw, creating a turnover. On the last two drives we didn't blitz or even overload one side with just one extra guy. Other than the pass rush created by Jones, Ford, and Houston organically, Rivers just sat in the pocket and carved up our garbage secondary.

And speaking of pass rush, have you ever seen a defense, with a dominant pass rush, be this bad overall? The sacks that Ford, Houston, and Jones have accumulated have absolutely zero to do with Sutton's scheme or coaching, and everything with their individual talent.

Conversly, Fuller was a top rated slot corner before being coached by Sutton, and Hitchens was a solid tackler and a very effective downhill linebacker before being coached by Sutton. Scandrick and Nelson are either incredibly undisciplined, un-coachable scrubs, or they are being coached to grab and hold when they are in man-to-man situations.

And nearly every player on the defense is terrible at tackling. Tackling is one of the 4 most basic fundamentals of football. Tackling, running, throwing and catching are pretty much the first 4 things any player ever learns to do. The only two reasons professional football players are bad at tackling is lack of coaching emphasis on fundamentals, and lack of effort.

So, Sutton's defense cannot tackle when they try to tackle, and far, far too often they don't even attempt to tackle. It's incredibly frustrating watching players shove guys instead of wrapping up and tackling, and it's incredibly frustrating watching guys try to deliver a big hit instead of wrapping up and tackling. That lack of effort, and lack of fundamentals, is a direct result and product of poor coaching by Sutton.

The multitude of defensive holding, and defensive pass interference penalties are also a direct result of poor coaching by Sutton.

So, there is not a single defensive player on this team that is better because of Bob Sutton. And there is literally no part of this defense or team that is better because of Bob Sutton.

Bob Sutton absolutely and unquestionably has to be fired in order for this defense, and this team, to get better.

And I have a serious question, which I haven't even heard anyone talk about, much less answer, so if you know, would you please tell me?

Question: Tremon Smith is a 6'00" 190 pound cornerback who runs a 4.3 40 yard dash. Is there a reason why, other than the dreaded rookie label, that he isn't seeing time on defense? It seems like his speed would be an asset in the secondary.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:40 AM 12-14-2018
I used to get banned and MUd for calling for the firing of Bob.

How times have changed..... this thread is :-)
[Reply]
ILChief 06:14 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Does anyone think it will quickly get to the point where the offense becomes pissed off at the defense? Our happy little family might have some friction? I hope not, and I think firing Sutton would at least show that the team’s trying.
That would be the one thing that they could do it. Right now Reid is the most powerful person in the organization. If the trend continues, mahomes will be. Like Manning in Indianapolis. If mahomes wanted to force issue, Sutton would be gone
[Reply]
bevischief 06:15 AM 12-14-2018
How Sutton stills a job...
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:17 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by bevischief:
How Sutton stills a job...
Obviously because you can't scheme around a shit secondary. Secondary played a lot better in the first half when Berry was fixing the shell and reminding them of who covers who (not to mention he can tackle).
[Reply]
Page 183 of 298
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Up