ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 335 of 386
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345385 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Bowser 03:52 PM 05-14-2019
(Barristan Selmy, then the rest)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:02 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:27 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Cersie is dead.

Jon has never been labeled the best fighter, it was well known Robb was a much better fighter than him and not even Robb was ever labeled the best fighter in Westeros... that was Jaime, after Sir Arthur Dayne.

The Mad Queen has always been about fire and blood but their advisors talked her down. They failed her the last two seasons, she found out there was a better heir that people loved more, and she knew she had to make people fear her.
Not at this stage of the game. Robb, Dayne, Selmy - all dead. Jaime is missing a hand. Nobody said best EVER, but he's developed the reputation as the best around. Moreover, I think the show has taken great pains to actually show his development as hes become among the most experienced soldiers around. Hes clearly progressed a great deal since Book 1 when he and Robb were kids. Nearly a decade of fighting/training will do that.

I believe it was Ramsay that said to him immediately prior to the Battle of the Bastards that hes heard Jon is the best fighter in Westeros. It stands to reason that his skills have come a long way as hes been through more and more battles.
[Reply]
Fish 04:27 PM 05-14-2019
Anyone else weirded out about how different Zombie Mountain Clegane looked? Like maybe he should be at a pie eating contest instead?
[Reply]
Bowser 04:29 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Anyone else weirded out about how different Zombie Mountain Clegane looked? Like maybe he should be at a pie eating contest instead?
He kind of looked like Blaster from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
[Reply]
Fish 04:30 PM 05-14-2019
He kind of looked like Blaster from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
My first thought was Baron Harkonnen...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:32 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't see a real issue there at all.
There's no issue at all.

Jon's fought tons of people, including Qorin Halfhand, Ramsay and a literal White fucking Walker. He's more of a reluctant leader than a fighter anyway, although he's clearly capable of both just like his father.

Ramsay straight up refused to fight him prior to the Battle of the Bastards because Jon's swordsmanship has basically reached legendary levels in the North.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:38 PM 05-14-2019
I love how even Sandor seemed apprehensive about possibly having to fight him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:38 PM 05-14-2019
It's become apparent that half the bitching in this thread isn't even about particularly bad writing, though there has been tons of it; instead it's about the story not unfolding the way you want it to.

Jon didn't 1v1 the Night King :-) dawg...

It's not surprising in the least that Daenerys went crazy. They've been dropping little crazy crumbs all throughout the story.

It's not surprising that Jaime ran back to Cersei. It's what he's done every chance he's gotten.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:42 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's become apparent that half the bitching in this thread isn't even about particularly bad writing, though there has been tons of it; instead it's about the story not unfolding the way you want it to.

It's not surprising in the least that Daenerys went crazy. They've been dropping little crazy crumbs all throughout the story.

It's not surprising that Jaime ran back to Cersei. It's what he's done every chance he's gotten.
Ultimately, no matter how people get there, I think all of this has to do with everyone just feeling a little ripped off that we clearly didn't get enough episodes to send this show off properly, nothing more. This last season HAS been rushed, even if it has had some amazing visuals and sequences.

That, and people just don't want it to end. JMO
[Reply]
DaFace 04:55 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

To me, it's mainly a matter of lacking nuance, and that goes pretty broadly. As a couple of obvious examples:

"Stay in the crypts. You'll be safe there." (repeat multiple times)
"When the bells ring, you'll spare the innocent, right?" (repeat multiple times)

Both of those are foreshadowing, but would anyone really say that it was done WELL? Similarly, Dany's turn has been "foreshadowed" thoroughly if you're satisfied with all the times she's said "I'll burn the city to the ground." Sure, that's technically foreshadowing, but it would have been much more effective if we'd seen her progressively getting angrier in small outbursts over the past few seasons or something.

Another example would be Arya offing the NK. Do I hate the fact that she's the one to do it? Nope. But I'm not a fan of her just disappearing from the screen for 20+ minutes and then just randomly showing up flying through the air out of nowhere. Where are the logical set of steps that led to the outcome?

Some would call it nitpicking, but it's the difference in OK storytelling and great storytelling. And until we ran out of book material, we were pretty spoiled. Do I blame D&D for not being as good as GRRM? Absolutely not. That's not what they were hired for. But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be disappointed nonetheless.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:00 PM 05-14-2019
IF they wanted to subvert expectations about who killed the Night King, I would of went with Theon and he dies afterwards. Jon the big hero doesn't get to do it but it complete Theon's story arc and leaves the audience feeling good instead of a kinda WTF.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:07 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Looked more like Zombie Varys, but I could see how Varys Bowl would be less exciting to watch.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:11 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Looked more like Zombie Varys, but I could see how Varys Bowl would be less exciting to watch.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Bowser 05:12 PM 05-14-2019
(not flipping you off with the gif, KCU. lol)
[Reply]
Page 335 of 386
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345385 > Last »
Up