ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 3903
« First < 63113153159160161162163 1641651661671732132636631163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bewbies 11:31 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Can't believe this has happened. How the **** does a virus cause this much chaos in this day and age with all of our technology?
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I have family and friends with it. Four people now.

They all report the same basic thing — started feeling crummy/run down, had a high fever that spiked suddenly (39-40 C), took a bunch of Tylenol, slept a day, got a minor sore throat and after a few days it was done.

They are all relatively young/in good shape.

I have read stories from people who went thru the above and then got much worse as well as people who nearly died while a spouse got the sniffles. Seems like there may be two versions but don’t know.
I was in PHX for work 2 weeks ago and had this exact thing play out for me. Woke up in the middle of the night shaking with a bad fever. No thermometer so I don’t know how high, but bad enough I was shaking hard.

Slept all day the next day, tons of cold medicine, runny nose and felt like hell for a couple days and it went away.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:38 AM 03-12-2020
Kind of wild to me how many people I know who have had these exact same symptoms at some point over the last 2 months and tested NEGATIVE for the flu...told "there's just something going around."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:39 AM 03-12-2020
They need to stop lying to the public. They just said this BS this am. It only adds to peoples anxiety.

You can get a test if you want it.

You can go to your doctor or ER and get a test.

We are testing all Americans coming back on airplanes from overseas and quarantining them that test positive.

All of that is a lie.
[Reply]
wazu 11:39 AM 03-12-2020
Unrelated but thought I'd check here - is there an actual open ChiefsPlanet thread where people are discussing guns? (Like, which ones to buy for the apocalypse, not D.C. threads debating the law.)
[Reply]
notorious 11:41 AM 03-12-2020
I was sick 12 days ago. All of the exact symptoms.

What was weird is I’ve never had diarrhea while having respiratory issues. It was not the fun kind, either.

I thought I had got two different bugs. Who knows?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:41 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Unrelated but thought I'd check here - is there an actual open ChiefsPlanet thread where people are discussing guns? (Like, which ones to buy for the apocalypse, not D.C. threads debating the law.)
try the guns thread
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:42 AM 03-12-2020
Just wait until the first few bits of "unrest" start popping up.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:42 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
https://medium.com/@cdmj/a-colorado-...ry-61466a56811
Damn, that’s in my neck of the woods. February 26th was almost two weeks before CO had a positive test. Obfuscating the testing process like the CDC has is absolutely unacceptable - it’s great that this couple in the story is choosing to self-quarantine - but we’re well aware for every example like them, there’s an example who has treated the last two weeks like business as usual.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:42 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I was sick 12 days ago. All of the exact symptoms.

What was weird is I’ve never had diarrhea while having respiratory issues. It was not the fun kind, either.

I thought I had got two different bugs. Who knows?
There's a fun kind?
[Reply]
notorious 03-12-2020, 11:43 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Chiefnj2 11:43 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I have family and friends with it. Four people now.

They all report the same basic thing — started feeling crummy/run down, had a high fever that spiked suddenly (39-40 C), took a bunch of Tylenol, slept a day, got a minor sore throat and after a few days it was done.

They are all relatively young/in good shape.

I have read stories from people who went thru the above and then got much worse as well as people who nearly died while a spouse got the sniffles. Seems like there may be two versions but don’t know.
Just curious, were they actually tested?
[Reply]
wazu 11:43 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
try the guns thread
That's what I'm wanting to do.
[Reply]
notorious 11:43 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
There's a fun kind?
It’s rare, but does exist.

Search the shower shit thread.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:45 AM 03-12-2020
If you are a drug addict and hate work you can take plenty of meds to make sick fun for a bit.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:46 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Our only hope is that it is like all other viruses and when it heats up the virus dies out.

Global Warming could be our saving grace XD
Other coronaviruses don’t fade in summer. Tom Hanks got it in the middle of Australian summer,
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:47 AM 03-12-2020
Just heard Jeff Passan on 810 saying MLB is probably going to suspend the season until Mid April.

Seems to me the consensus so far is once we get into April this will hopefully slow down. At least that is probably what everyone is hoping for.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 3903
« First < 63113153159160161162163 1641651661671732132636631163 > Last »
Up