ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So did we get screwed?
Hammock Parties 10:08 PM 10-19-2017

If I'm the refs I don't know about rewarding Cook for dropping a TD.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:03 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Bro.....505 yards, given up. Offense put up 30. This loss was not on the offense.
Our defense is garbage right now but so is Oaklands. We get in field goal range in either of those last two possessions and convert, we win. I have higher expectations for the offense.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:23 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Our defense is garbage right now but so is Oaklands. We get in field goal range in either of those last two possessions and convert, we win. I have higher expectations for the offense.
30 points on the road against a hated division rival should be enough to win the game.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:58 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This was a screwjob for sure.

Utter joke of a call.

I am to the point now where I usually just watch Raiders games. Occasionally, MNF because Gruden is a good announcer but the NFL must fix its product. College football is far more enjoyable.

The referees are crippling this league. They all want to make the big call and influence the game. The best refs are like children. Seen and not heard unless necessary.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:00 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Utter joke of a call.

I am to the point now where I usually just watch Raiders games. Occasionally, MNF because Gruden is a good announcer but the NFL must fix its product. College football is far more enjoyable.

The referees are crippling this league. They all want to make the big call and influence the game. The best refs are like children. Seen and not heard unless necessary.
Ed Hochuli the only ref I trust to make a correct call anymore
[Reply]
TimBone 01:00 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
You conceded the point in your first sentence. Our defense is garbage. 30 points from the offense on the road versus a division rival on a short week. The offense delivered.
[Reply]
nkd 01:01 AM 10-20-2017
the one where he pushed the guy out of bounds was not a penalty actually. Everything else looked fine. But the guy had is arm on his arm not holding him, it was like them both turning together. only time I saw real contact was when the ball got there. So I have to call the refs on that one.

You actually can't blame offense. Reid played it safe in the second half after they scored that TD. But you are talking about Amari cooper who couldn't catch the damn ball had 210 yards against one of the better secondaries. Chiefs gave car all day, Sutton needed to bring heat atleast a few times on the last drive. Its like they were hell bent on beating them one on one and kept losing and still kept trying.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:04 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by nkd:
the one where he pushed the guy out of bounds was not a penalty actually. Everything else looked fine. But the guy had is arm on his arm not holding him, it was like them both turning together. only time I saw real contact was when the ball got there. So I have to call the refs on that one.

You actually can't blame offense. Reid played it safe in the second half after they scored that TD. But you are talking about Amari cooper who couldn't catch the damn ball had 210 yards against one of the better secondaries. Chiefs gave car all day, Sutton needed to bring heat atleast a few times on the last drive. Its like they were hell bent on beating them one on one and kept losing and still kept trying.
One of the better secondaries :-). We are 28th in pass defense after this game and 29th in Run D. However 20th in Points allowed
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:32 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
You conceded the point in your first sentence. Our defense is garbage. 30 points from the offense on the road versus a division rival on a short week. The offense delivered.
Offense played good enough but aren't completely blameless

2nd week in a row, just needed a drive ...

And this time problem just 1 more 1st down

Its not fair to cry "team game!!!" When the offense shit the bed last week then put 100% of the blame on the D now

They made a stop...with the lead...and handed the ball to the offense

There's some blame there
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:29 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
30 points on the road against a hated division rival should be enough to win the game.
Unless you know your defense is dogshit and you try to play keep away with 9 minutes left in a 6 pt game.
[Reply]
nkd 02:36 AM 10-20-2017
That penalty to extend the game where cook dropped the ball was a joke. He literally was pushing the defender down the whole play, you even see the head being pushed down and then he leaves and turns. lOl it was more of penalty on cook and then he drops the pass being wide open lol. Pathetic call, I keep watching that and I still dont see how that was not cook literally man handling the defender.
[Reply]
nkd 02:40 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
One of the better secondaries :-). We are 28th in pass defense after this game and 29th in Run D. However 20th in Points allowed
dude the last two games I am talking about. Those stats got worse over the last two games. Pittsburgh really burned em and now raiders. Its the lack of pressure up front making them look bad. Chiefs do have decent corners, but when you have QBs who have all day to throw anyone will put numbers on them. Numbers don't speak the truth, the problem is upfront. Give a decent QB all day he will torch you. Look at this O-line, Alex never really has enough time but when he does even he lights other D's up.
[Reply]
penbrook 02:43 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by nkd:
dude the last two games I am talking about. Those stats got worse over the last two games. Pittsburgh really burned em and now raiders. Its the lack of pressure up front making them look bad. Chiefs do have decent corners, but when you have QBs who have all day to throw anyone will put numbers on them. Numbers don't speak the truth, the problem is upfront. Give a decent QB all day he will torch you. Look at this O-line, Alex never really has enough time but when he does even he lights other D's up.
Hopefully Hali gives us a little pass rush
[Reply]
Casyle 03:58 AM 10-20-2017
Did we get screwed? In my opinion, I'm leaning towards yes. However, we should have made it a two score game on one our last two offensive drives, and not let it get to that point.

The first defensive pass interference call is the one that really surprised me. Cook and Parker are both going at it when Cook pushes off, turns around, looks for the ball, then jumps and fails to catch it. Their mutual fighting had no impact on the play whatsoever, yet DPI was called on Parker?

Then another seeming push off on the winning TD goes uncalled.

As I said though, we should have made it a two score game, so that we wouldn't have to worry about the questionable officiating.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:40 AM 10-20-2017
Scheme on defense is idiotic. You don't sit back let a qb just throw up long ball after long ball. Down and distance says bring the heat and Sutton doesnt. Its completely stupid. Eventually tthey are going to.catch one and they did and we lost. Also once again we need the offense to get 3 or a first down and they dont.

Yeah they scored 30 and it should be enough but it wasnt. We needed 32. So they gotta get it done .
[Reply]
farmerchief 05:20 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Casyle:
Did we get screwed? In my opinion, I'm leaning towards yes. However, we should have made it a two score game on one our last two offensive drives, and not let it get to that point.

The first defensive pass interference call is the one that really surprised me. Cook and Parker are both going at it when Cook pushes off, turns around, looks for the ball, then jumps and fails to catch it. Their mutual fighting had no impact on the play whatsoever, yet DPI was called on Parker?

Then another seeming push off on the winning TD goes uncalled.

As I said though, we should have made it a two score game, so that we wouldn't have to worry about the questionable officiating.
Yep, could have been one of those times when the Refs just let them play,as both were handfighting on the one Cook just flat missed. Our D did stink or at least the scheme did, but our Offenses inability to just "grasp" the game in hand and close it out by getting a few first downs, has been an ongoing problem for years! sucks
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up