Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:07 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Uh Oh

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...166119252.html
Poor KnowShit. This is the best that he can come up with. A deflection from the disaster going on at Pile High. Our rookie, who has never taken an NFL snap, a man who we all acknowledge from day one needs a year to learn, struggled in practice. Tell ya what KnowShit. Next year, if Smith is gone and Mahomes is struggling to beat out Tyler Bray for the starting spot, then you can say uh oh. But right now, our quarterback situation is exactly where we expected it to be. Can you say that about the Donks quarterbacks? I think not.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:09 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Wrong.

KC Star, 1997:

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow".

Marcus Allen farts in your general direction.
For some reason, I thought that was when Gunther was coach. Okay, fine, twice. That's still not many a time as you put it. And the altitude advantage is real. Why are you siding with the Donks on this?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:10 PM 08-08-2017
From all accounts...Mahomes is light years ahead of Lynch. Pickston is still brutally struggling learning an NFL offense and some say he never will.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:27 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
For some reason, I thought that was when Gunther was coach. Okay, fine, twice. That's still not many a time as you put it. And the altitude advantage is real. Why are you siding with the Donks on this?
Because its a cheap fucking cop-out, that's why. You're talking about a team that by all accounts is anything but invincible. I would surmise that the home field records of both clubs since the merger probably fall in to equal shares, if not MORE in KC's favor.
I just don't like or buy it one bit.
The biggest advantage they had has left the building and will probably spend the remainder of his years eating stem-cell popsicles just so he can walk.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:51 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
TD had a great few years but the HOF is suppose to be about legends. Guys that kicked ass year in and year in the their career. Lately to many pretty good players and popular tv personalities are being let in.

TD and Warner are not legends. Easely is not legend and missed induction for 25 damn years.

They didn't kick ass year in and year out. They are bullshit HOF'ers.
I was surprised TD got in. He was on track to HOF when he blew his knee but he didn't play long enough.
Warner didn't surprise me as much.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:52 PM 08-08-2017
Because its a cheap ****ing cop-out, that's why. You're talking about a team that by all accounts is anything but invincible. I would surmise that the home field records of both clubs since the merger probably fall in to equal shares, if not MORE in KC's favor.
I just don't like or buy it one bit.
The biggest advantage they had has left the building and will probably spend the remainder of his years eating stem-cell popsicles just so he can walk.
Come on SDH. look at the facts. The last couple of years, the difference in talent has been enough that the Chiefs have been able to overcome it. But how can you deny players sitting on the sidelines sucking on oxygen when they're not on the field? It's an advantage that no other team in the league has, and it's real.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:02 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Come on SDH. look at the facts. The last couple of years, the difference in talent has been enough that the Chiefs have been able to overcome it. But how can you deny players sitting on the sidelines sucking on oxygen when they're not on the field? It's an advantage that no other team in the league has, and it's real.
I don't recall any players from the 90's huffing on oxygen tanks on the sidelines. Is it possible that the quality of the air has worsened since that time?
Probably.
It seems far too minor to get worked up over though. I think we can all agree that Denver's win/lose ratio is headed in a southerly direction, and for that we should all be quite happy.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:04 PM 08-08-2017
I think we can all agree that Denver's win/lose ratio is headed in a southerly direction, and for that we should all be quite happy.
On that, we can agree
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:11 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Alex Smith is better than Semen. He's actually led a team to the playoffs.

Knowmo will learn the hard way yet again.
Siemian is better than Smith and is still young. Smith is a what he is, Siemian is still learning the NFL game.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:40 PM 08-08-2017
TD had a 3 year stretch that was HOF worthy, but I don't think that alone should warrant a trip to the Hall.

But, hey, he helped prop up the legend of John Elway and make everyone think he was better than he actually was. So there's that . . . .
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:59 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
TD had a 3 year stretch that was HOF worthy, but I don't think that alone should warrant a trip to the Hall.

But, hey, he helped prop up the legend of John Elway and make everyone think he was better than he actually was. So there's that . . . .
:-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:02 PM 08-08-2017
If it wasn't for TD, Elway would have gone down as the guy who 'couldn't win the big one'.

Laugh all you want. You know it's true. He knows it's true. We all know it's true.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:06 PM 08-08-2017
If it wasn't for TD, Elway would have gone down as the guy who 'couldn't win the big one'.

Laugh all you want. You know it's true. He knows it's true. We all know it's true.

Very fitting music for Donkey thread and fans.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:13 PM 08-08-2017

I was laughing at the 'prop up' comment.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:14 PM 08-08-2017

He accomplished more in those three years than many HOF RB's did in their entire career. How many HOF RB's had a League MVP, Super Bowl MVP, back to back Super Bowl wins, and a 2,000 yard rushing season?

TD had 3x's as many 1,500 yard rushing seasons as Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin.
[Reply]
Page 972 of 4879
« First < 472872922962968969970971972 9739749759769821022107214721972 > Last »
Up