ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>10 things about selling my preseason tickets on CP
gblowfish 10:29 AM 07-15-2018
10. Training camp starts in a couple of weeks and the football buzz is growing. How quickly we all forget that Andy & Alex have served us long suffering Chiefs fans with two of the most epic playoff collapses of all time. Yet, hope springs eternal, and now another season is about to begin. Joey Chuckles asked me for a "Ten Things" thread about selling pre-season tickets here on the CP. OK, for my own off season OTA, I'll serve it up.

9. For the past four or five years, I've just refused to go to pre-season games because I don't think its right for the NFL to charge regular season prices for pre-season games. Games one and four are the worst. In game one, teams are evaluating early cuts, so the scrubs play a lot. By game four the rosters are pretty much set except for third string backups and special teams players, and nobody wants to risk an injury right before the season begins. So I understand why people would turn their nose up at wanting to buy games one and four. As Spott said in the thread, why pay full price to have your soul ripped out in pre-season? I agree. Unfortunately, the NFL makes the rules, and as FlaChief58 said, no courtesy of a reach around. If you want the regular season, you have to pay pre-season prices. But there is a special circumstance here. The seats. The seats are awesome.

8. The last few years I've offered my fellow fans on the CP first crack at these seats. Some of you like Wazu and Scho63 have had the experience of sitting in these seats. You get to see a lot of stuff that other fans don't see, and especially a TV audience doesn't see. You can hear the players and coaches talking. You can see who's hurt and how bad. And like Rain Man said, you can check out the Cheerleaders. Hey guys, in hot weather they don't wear much. And when the game starts, they come right up the tunnel under the seats. You can see how many are legit, and how many are patched up with Bondo.

7. Simply Red and Pablo seem to have rape fantasies. Lone Wolf wants to be kicked in the nuts. Prison Bitch has a thing about the Boys Club of Raytown. NTTAWWT. Tell ya what fellas, next year I'll consider a :-) for them...

6. I guess the good news is, there's very little chance we'll see a Tyler Palko appearance in either game. And even though Mahomes is not technically a rookie, he'll probably play a bit more than somebody like (for example) Aaron Rodgers.

5. TLO is a low ballin' mofo. $50? That won't even get you a handie on Independence Avenue! Both sets of tickets sold for face value; one here on CP and the other on the NFL Exchange. If the CPer who bought the Texans game wants to talk about it afterwards, that's up to him. If he wants to remain anonymous so you pinheads don't skewer him, that's OK too. I just hope he has a great time and enjoys the experience.

4. Lewdog is right "F ME for offering tickets to the CP first." What was I thinking?? I been on the CP for around 15 years now. I like the CP because it's not looking through Chiefs Rose Colored glasses like Arrowhead Pride. And we have poop threads. And the Florida News thread. And the "Would you pork Kathy Bates" thread. I'm easily entertained. But as an editorial comment, it seems like a faction of this board gets its jollies by sharp shooting or finding fault with just about everything. We've lost a lot of members because of it. Can't we all be nicer to each other?

3. Dartgod is a very good mod. I don't think the mods get enough credit around here. They are underappreciated, and I'd like to give them a shout out for the service they provide all of us CPers. Thanks guys, appreciate you.

2. The Chiefs no longer provide a way to print out paper tickets from a PDF. They want everybody to show a code on a smart phone. But what if you're off the grid and don't have a smart phone? It's not easy. I think you should still be able to get actual tickets, either a traditional ticket or a PDF printout, but that's just me.

1. I don't know if I'll have any regular season games available this year or not, but if I do, I'll think about listing them here first. After this pre-season experience, I don't know if its worth putting up with the nattering nabobs of negativity. Because of my health -which is not real good- I don't do freezing cold weather very well any more. And as usual, we have a couple cold weather games on the schedule. We'll see when the time comes. Now, everybody hit the showers and enjoy the last couple weeks until we're all due in St. Joe!
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:49 PM 07-15-2018
Also - if you're going to throw me under the bus - I'll go ahead and say - had they been mine, I'd have given them away to a CP'er in a heartbeat. I'll be honest I've been wanting to say that since you started this thread, but held back.
[Reply]
wazu 05:57 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
What’s wrong with club level seats? Easy access to drinks, excellent view of the field, and less probability of running into a drunk redneck looking for a fight.
Nothing. Club level are generally very good seats. I’d be happy to watch a game there and have. But the best seats in club are inferior to lower level front row mid field. I’ve sat both places and it’s a dramatically different experience.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:09 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by wazu:
Club level are not even in the discussion of best seats. That’s why their market value is under $50.
It's pre-season. Sure you can pay face value if you want and money is no object. To each his/her own.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:10 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You & I both know where those $10 tickets at Arrowhead are right?
It's pre-season. Who cares?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:15 PM 07-15-2018
Nothing. Club level are generally very good seats. I’d be happy to watch a game there and have. But the best seats in club are inferior to lower level front row mid field. I’ve sat both places and it’s a dramatically different experience.
I would take upper level seats over anything lower bowl. 200/Club first, 300/upper second, top row under either scoreboard is my personal favorites :-) :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:21 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Until last year I used to have three. Then I started having to give away a $100+ ticket three or four times a year, which was costing me stupid money. So I cut down to two. The guy who sits next to me has my old third ticket, and sometimes its available, but not often.
We had x3 Section 103 Row 1 tix from about '88-'10.
No matter, the tix are hard as a mug to get rid of... and eating the price on those pre-season tix are a joke.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:28 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Also - if you're going to throw me under the bus - I'll go ahead and say - had they been mine, I'd have given them away to a CP'er in a heartbeat. I'll be honest I've been wanting to say that since you started this thread, but held back.
You should never hold back
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:30 PM 07-15-2018
Yup. Club level is fine if it's December and you want to be able to avoid the cold and you're more interested in Boulevard Wheat than Kingdom Ale (hand raised in that respect admittedly), but it's a completely neutered Arrowhead experience otherwise. Not what the best elements of the stadium are all about.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:11 PM 07-15-2018
you're a vagina
You wanna fight him too?
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:00 PM 07-15-2018
Tell ya what, SR. Pick out two CPers who really need money, and Paypal them $340 each. Do it in a heartbeat.

Then I'll be impressed.

And I didn't bring up rape. You did.

Carry on.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:24 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Tell ya what, SR. Pick out two CPers who really need money, and Paypal them $340 each. Do it in a heartbeat.
Not quite the same thing now is it?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:38 PM 07-15-2018
Can we please stop talking about GeorgeBlowjobs tix or his cat?
[Reply]
Stryker 06:21 AM 07-16-2018
George if these morons don't appreciate what you contribute to this board then quite simply, fuck them. I think it is very thoughtful for you to offer ANY Chiefs tickets to this boards members. I wish I lived closer to Kansas City so that I might take part in said offers. Thank you as always for your top 10! :-)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:08 AM 07-16-2018
How long have you been a NFL season ticket holder? My first year was 1984 with the San Diego Chargers. Back then it was $18 per ticket per game on the 30 yard line 18 rows up from the field at Jack Murphy Stadium. So it was $180 for ten games (two pre-season and the eight regular season games) times two for a total of $360 for the pair. I also had Los Angeles Raiders season tickets in the end zone at the coliseum for $15 each in the early 90's. A pair of those were $300 for all ten games.
[Reply]
oldman 07:35 AM 07-16-2018
Glad to see George getting back in shape for the season.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up