ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It's hard to be a knowledgable NFL Fan
MahiMike 01:29 PM 07-14-2018
Do you ever get tired of trying to argue your football takes to ill-informed fans?

Do you find yourself raising your voice only to stop talking completely?

Do you cherish the knowledge that ChiefsPlanet has bestowed upon you?

So I'm driving for Uber last night here in Jax and the guys ask me who my team is. I tell them the Chiefs of course and go on to explain how we ranked #1 in offensive weapons, etc.

Dude says, "Yeah but that Mahomes guy is a big question mark."

I tell him, "Jags screwed up by getting Leonard Fournette instead of Mahomes."

"What!? No Way! Fournette and Bortles are awesome! I can't think of a QB I'd like better than Bortles.", he says.

He actually said that. I stopped talking then, hoping for a $2 tip still.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to let Pat do the talking for us this year. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:24 PM 07-14-2018
It would be fun to kick them around if they didn't have two more recent playoff wins than us.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:51 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by Strongside:
It’s kind of like politics and religion. If I know someone is I’ll-informed...aka a dumbass...I pretty much avoid talking sports with them.
This. I stick to what they’re good at.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:48 AM 07-15-2018
I don't really try to force my views on anyone. It's just a game for entertainment purposes only.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:54 AM 07-15-2018
I never understood why someone would want to talk football when they don’t know crap about it. Then I figured it out, they don’t know that don’t know crap about football. They think they do. They don’t know know what they don’t know.
[Reply]
Spott 08:55 AM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
It's hard to be a knowledgable NFL Fan

It's hard to be knowledgeable nowadays.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:08 AM 07-15-2018
My main reason for using uber was to avoid the social pressure of tipping. I guess I should start taking controversial conversation opinions in the hope of having a disagreement.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:50 AM 07-15-2018
Do you ever get tired of trying to argue your football takes to ill-informed fans?

Do you find yourself raising your voice only to stop talking completely?

Do you cherish the knowledge that ChiefsPlanet has bestowed upon you?

So I'm driving for Uber last night here in Jax and the guys ask me who my team is. I tell them the Chiefs of course and go on to explain how we ranked #1 in offensive weapons, etc.

Dude says, "Yeah but that Mahomes guy is a big question mark."

I tell him, "Jags screwed up by getting Leonard Fournette instead of Mahomes."

"What!? No Way! Fournette and Bortles are awesome! I can't think of a QB I'd like better than Bortles.", he says.

He actually said that. I stopped talking then, hoping for a $2 tip still.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to let Pat do the talking for us this year. Can't wait.
Not really. I don't talk about football that much. If I did, I wouldn't post here.

I wouldn't say I'm grateful to the knowledge I've been 'bestowed'. I've been called an idiot for saying Brandon Flowers was better than Marcus Cooper. The forum fell in love with about 700 garbage tier QB's before Mahomes graced the team with his awesomeness. This forum spend a goddamn decade bashing Tamba Hali. Loads of posters insisted 'Eric Berry is only considered good because he had cancer!"

The asinine football takes equal or even exceed the smart insightful comments.

We had people around here defending Mark Sanchez in year 4. Don't get me started on Geno Smith. A jags fan defending bortles doesn't seem so bad in comparison.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 10:08 AM 07-15-2018
Jags fans are pricks, I was at the game in 09 where cassel randomly started throwing bombs to chambers to start a slight rally but ultimately lose. I mean lighthearted stuff but another chiefs fan few rows up got beer thrown on him twice.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 10:19 AM 07-15-2018
Bortles sucks but Mahomes IS a big question mark at this point ...
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:39 AM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Bortles sucks but Mahomes IS a big question mark at this point ...
If the Jags had Mahomes last year with that defense, they win the Superbowl in a rout.
[Reply]
notorious 10:43 AM 07-15-2018
Most fans are fucking idiots. A majority of Chiefs fans are idiots.

It's sad.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 11:02 AM 07-15-2018
If the Jags had Mahomes last year with that defense, they win the Superbowl in a rout.
If they would have had Johnny Manziel they would have done better that limp dick Bortles...

Mahomes may turn out to be a terrific QB , he has the tools but that does not mean he will be. Many can't miss prospects have failed and I think you guys are going to be disappointed with your 6-10 record this year... I am not saying he won't improve but he is basically a rookie regardless of holding a clipboard for 4 months. Rookie QB's are destroyed mentally by pressure and most never recover
[Reply]
notorious 11:08 AM 07-15-2018
R8RFan is fishing with dynamite.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:16 AM 07-15-2018
If they would have had Johnny Manziel they would have done better that limp dick Bortles...

Mahomes may turn out to be a terrific QB , he has the tools but that does not mean he will be. Many can't miss prospects have failed and I think you guys are going to be disappointed with your 6-10 record this year... I am not saying he won't improve but he is basically a rookie regardless of holding a clipboard for 4 months. Rookie QB's are destroyed mentally by pressure and most never recover
Care to bet on over under Chiefs wins?

You set it at 6.5, I'll take the over, loser disappears during the off season.

Deal?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:25 AM 07-15-2018

Rookie QB? The only rookie QB on our roster currently is Chase Litton.

This isn't the fucking NBA or MLB. Your first year is your first year, and once it's gone, no matter what you did, you don't get it back. If Mahomes is ineligible to win rookie of the year this season, then he's not a fucking rookie.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up