ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It's hard to be a knowledgable NFL Fan
MahiMike 01:29 PM 07-14-2018
Do you ever get tired of trying to argue your football takes to ill-informed fans?

Do you find yourself raising your voice only to stop talking completely?

Do you cherish the knowledge that ChiefsPlanet has bestowed upon you?

So I'm driving for Uber last night here in Jax and the guys ask me who my team is. I tell them the Chiefs of course and go on to explain how we ranked #1 in offensive weapons, etc.

Dude says, "Yeah but that Mahomes guy is a big question mark."

I tell him, "Jags screwed up by getting Leonard Fournette instead of Mahomes."

"What!? No Way! Fournette and Bortles are awesome! I can't think of a QB I'd like better than Bortles.", he says.

He actually said that. I stopped talking then, hoping for a $2 tip still.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to let Pat do the talking for us this year. Can't wait.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:35 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Let's be honest. I like Mahomes the best of the 3, but if the 3 QB's drafted last year continue to impress (I know, Watson and Mahomes are way ahead of Trub) a lot of teams are going to look dumb for passing.

I still think none look dumber than Buffalo though. :-)
Josh Allen was a terrible prospect in my eyes and I firmly believe that will hold up in the league. They did at least get a really good corner out of the deal though it would seem.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:37 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Josh Allen was a terrible prospect in my eyes and I firmly believe that will hold up in the league. They did at least get a really good corner out of the deal though it would seem.
I'll take the superior QB over any other list of perks one could gain in making a draft day trade.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 03:38 PM 07-14-2018
Most of that seems pretty normal. Except the Bortles part, if that's exactly what he said it's crazy talk.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 03:53 PM 07-14-2018
Ever listen to callers on NFL Radio?
It’s cringeworthy on how incoherent most are on their takes, and the takes that you can make sense of are homer-inspired drivel.

I would argue that the NFL has the dumbest fans of the four leagues.
The only smart ones are here on ChiefsPlanet.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:19 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Bortles still has a chance to be an okay starting QB, but his ceiling is going to be Alex Smith, where if he gets good enough at knowing EXACTLY what he can get away with without the potential for making a bad mistake, he'll be fine. That's just going to come through experience and comfort, so I think perhaps his new extension might be all the confidence he needs to really take control of his own career.

However, he's going to have to work hard at throwing tighter mid-range throws. Even when he makes good choices, there are still way too many times when a random throw sails on him. It's a problem he's had going back to college (still remember 4 or 5 jaw-droppingly bad throws during UCF's Fiesta Bowl). I don't know how successful he can be at that in this stage of his career.

He's definitely at a crossroads. Incremental improvement might get him to Alex Smith. Stagnancy in where he currently is as a pro will turn him into another Rex Grossman.

In any case, Jags fans sure are an interesting bunch

All you have to do is watch the wildcard game against the bills to determine bortles' talent. Couldn't complete a 5 yard pass.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:20 PM 07-14-2018
Let's be honest. I like Mahomes the best of the 3, but if the 3 QB's drafted last year continue to impress (I know, Watson and Mahomes are way ahead of Trub) a lot of teams are going to look dumb for passing.

What are you talking about? Buffalo got Josh "Better version of Patrick Mahomes" Allen
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:25 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
Ever listen to callers on NFL Radio?
It’s cringeworthy on how incoherent most are on their takes, and the takes that you can make sense of are homer-inspired drivel.

I would argue that the NFL has the dumbest fans of the four leagues.
The only smart ones are here on ChiefsPlanet.
You should be more specific. Yes there are some knowledgeable posters on here, but we also have our share of football morons. SDH, Como, Pablo,, just off the top of my head are light-years more stupid than the casual fan.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:00 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I stopped talking then, hoping for a $2 tip still.
Your fandom is easily squashed.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:53 PM 07-14-2018
When I was in college I would get so stoked seeing a Chiefs fan in NJ. Now I tread lightly because I have yet to meet one that was really into the team. After 2 minutes I usually realize they don't know that much. Have a student who's dad is a Chiefs fan. Same thing.

I always seem way more interested in running into them than they are to see me. Eventually I will take the hint the world is giving me.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:56 PM 07-14-2018
It’s kind of like politics and religion. If I know someone is I’ll-informed...aka a dumbass...I pretty much avoid talking sports with them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:56 PM 07-14-2018

Buffalo will be kicking themselves for years.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:57 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
What are you talking about? Buffalo got Josh "Better version of Patrick Mahomes" Allen

You are a buttfucking moron too.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:06 PM 07-14-2018
I don`t see what`s wrong. Mahomes has proved nothing yet so everything is opinion. Let`s just see how things play out
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:21 PM 07-14-2018
Lmao Blake Bortles
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:23 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You are a butt****ing moron too.
Poe's law.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up