ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It's hard to be a knowledgable NFL Fan
MahiMike 01:29 PM 07-14-2018
Do you ever get tired of trying to argue your football takes to ill-informed fans?

Do you find yourself raising your voice only to stop talking completely?

Do you cherish the knowledge that ChiefsPlanet has bestowed upon you?

So I'm driving for Uber last night here in Jax and the guys ask me who my team is. I tell them the Chiefs of course and go on to explain how we ranked #1 in offensive weapons, etc.

Dude says, "Yeah but that Mahomes guy is a big question mark."

I tell him, "Jags screwed up by getting Leonard Fournette instead of Mahomes."

"What!? No Way! Fournette and Bortles are awesome! I can't think of a QB I'd like better than Bortles.", he says.

He actually said that. I stopped talking then, hoping for a $2 tip still.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to let Pat do the talking for us this year. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Spott 01:41 PM 07-14-2018
Meh, Jacksonville isn’t exactly the knowledge center of the world.

What’s it like driving for him Uber here? I keep getting emails from Lyft trying to get me to be a driver for them.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:44 PM 07-14-2018
Let the man be. He is a Jaguars fans. Don't deny him the little happiness he has.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:45 PM 07-14-2018

[Reply]
Molitoth 01:50 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Do you ever get tired of trying to argue your football takes to ill-informed fans?

Do you find yourself raising your voice only to stop talking completely?

Do you cherish the knowledge that ChiefsPlanet has bestowed upon you?

So I'm driving for Uber last night here in Jax and the guys ask me who my team is. I tell them the Chiefs of course and go on to explain how we ranked #1 in offensive weapons, etc.

Dude says, "Yeah but that Mahomes guy is a big question mark."

I tell him, "Jags screwed up by getting Leonard Fournette instead of Mahomes."

"What!? No Way! Fournette and Bortles are awesome! I can't think of a QB I'd like better than Bortles.", he says.

He actually said that. I stopped talking then, hoping for a $2 tip still.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to let Pat do the talking for us this year. Can't wait.
Wait, I thought you were a huge Alex Smith fan?
[Reply]
yeti 01:53 PM 07-14-2018
I have to listen to and be accepting and nice in responding to many of my patients stupid football takes while at work. I enjoy discussing football with a handful of knowledgeable ones. If they bring up a football topic and haven't outed themselves as having a low football IQ yet I send out a feeler statement to confirm. When a low football IQ is confirmed, I just politely try to change the conversation.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:01 PM 07-14-2018

[Reply]
RealSNR 02:04 PM 07-14-2018
Bortles still has a chance to be an okay starting QB, but his ceiling is going to be Alex Smith, where if he gets good enough at knowing EXACTLY what he can get away with without the potential for making a bad mistake, he'll be fine. That's just going to come through experience and comfort, so I think perhaps his new extension might be all the confidence he needs to really take control of his own career.

However, he's going to have to work hard at throwing tighter mid-range throws. Even when he makes good choices, there are still way too many times when a random throw sails on him. It's a problem he's had going back to college (still remember 4 or 5 jaw-droppingly bad throws during UCF's Fiesta Bowl). I don't know how successful he can be at that in this stage of his career.

He's definitely at a crossroads. Incremental improvement might get him to Alex Smith. Stagnancy in where he currently is as a pro will turn him into another Rex Grossman.

In any case, Jags fans sure are an interesting bunch

[Reply]
dj56dt58 02:39 PM 07-14-2018
At least his team made the championship game in the last 2 decades guess he can say anything he wants
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:52 PM 07-14-2018

[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:07 PM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by :
Everytime I talk to a Packer fan.

And all of the stuff on The Good Place about the Jags is priceless.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:17 PM 07-14-2018
Skill players are not worth first round picks so I would agree. RBs are a dime a dozen and so are WRs. QB, DL, OL and DB are first rounders only.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:17 PM 07-14-2018
This is why I primarily to stick to CP for football related discussion
[Reply]
TimBone 03:25 PM 07-14-2018
Well, technically, he's not wrong about Mahomes. He's definitely still a question mark.

I know we here at Chiefsplanet have already fitted him for his Hall of Fame jacket, but he's only started a single game.

TONS of potential, but the questions of him living up to that potential are definitely still there.

As for the Bortles comment.

[Reply]
Bewbies 03:26 PM 07-14-2018
Let's be honest. I like Mahomes the best of the 3, but if the 3 QB's drafted last year continue to impress (I know, Watson and Mahomes are way ahead of Trub) a lot of teams are going to look dumb for passing.

I still think none look dumber than Buffalo though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up