ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How many days of work have you missed in the last year?
Zero 50 48.08%
1 16 15.38%
2 9 8.65%
3 10 9.62%
4 5 4.81%
5 2 1.92%
6 4 3.85%
7 0 0%
8 5 4.81%
I've missed 489 days of work because Gaz is my boss 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How many days of work have you missed in the last year?
TLO 06:25 PM 07-13-2018
Please include any and all absences due to being ill, family emergencies, etc.

Do not include scheduled days off, vacation time, etc.

Poll coming up.
[Reply]
banecat 01:23 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
"Hi, I'm Bob. Have a look at my resume. You'll see it's quite impressive. I never take a day off. Not even when I'm sick. I literally come to work with explosive diarrhea and destroy the office shared bathroom. I am that dedicated."
If I feel that sick I just shit in a trash can or outside
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:24 PM 07-15-2018
I called in like 3 times because my arm was in a cast
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:00 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well you can love your job, but be a dedicated person too. Hey, if you're not a person who is sick, it should be at zero. If you get sick, take the time, few bosses will complain. But if you use your sick days as PTO, that means you suck, and bosses usually know when somebody's taking a mental health day (which should be PTO), avoiding work, or just plain using sick days as PTO.
You must have missed my earlier post. I lost over 80 hours of accumulated sick time when I was essentially laid off from my job. There was no reward for being reliable. In fact, I got fucked for doing so.

Know your company's policy on sick days, most won't pay you off for them like vacation/PTO. And if they don't, use them. I can guarantfuckingtee I will be in the future.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:04 PM 07-15-2018
I haven't worked for someone else in over a year. Best damn working decision I ever made. Why I waited for so long to be free of bullshit I will never quite figure out. Days off come whenever I damn well feel like it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:10 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You must have missed my earlier post. I lost over 80 hours of accumulated sick time when I was essentially laid off from my job. There was no reward for being reliable. In fact, I got fucked for doing so.

Know your company's policy on sick days, most won't pay you off for them like vacation/PTO. And if they don't, use them. I can guarantfuckingtee I will be in the future.
I would highly recommend, if you do it at all, that you be very cautious about using your sick days for anything other than being sick. I'm not lost on what happened to you, and that sucks, but with your new employer there's not need to get labeled.

But fuck your former company for doing that, they could at least have a policy that pays a portion of it when people are separated. If they don't they're inviting abuse when people think the company is struggling, and that might be the worst time for, potentially, large swaths of the employee base spending-down their sick days. It's just bad policy.
[Reply]
scho63 03:15 PM 07-15-2018
In the last 10 years I've missed about 6-7 days. Gout caused 4-5 days and maybe some other issue caused the other two.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:25 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
In the last 10 years I've missed about 6-7 days. Gout caused 4-5 days and maybe some other issue caused the other two.
Gout SUCKS!!!!!
[Reply]
eDave 03:30 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You must have missed my earlier post. I lost over 80 hours of accumulated sick time when I was essentially laid off from my job. There was no reward for being reliable. In fact, I got ****ed for doing so.

Know your company's policy on sick days, most won't pay you off for them like vacation/PTO. And if they don't, use them. I can guarant****ingtee I will be in the future.
Absolutely. They give them, so take them. Or lose them. I'm allowed to take a sick day for whatever I want. I just tell my boss I'm taking a sick day and she says OK. I can take 5 at a time and that gives me 7 weeks of vacation. That's a lot and no way to take it all really. But it's there.

Oh yea, and one floating holiday. Great for taking a long weekend for a holiday.

Typing all of this out makes me wonder why I am looking to leave...
[Reply]
srvy 06:02 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
How would your supervisor know if your sick or how ill you are? People can sniffle and snort and cough and I wouldnt know it from the plague or a allergy.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06:04 PM 07-15-2018
On 3/20/17, while finishing up a duct work job, I stepped on a stud in an attic that wasn't properly nailed in. I went through the ceiling and fucked up my neck, back, hip, and knees. I've been on disability since. I had hip surgery 10/31/17 and will likely need 2 fusions in my back and one in my neck (still fighting worker's comp insurance).

Does that count as 0 or 365?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:19 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
On 3/20/17, while finishing up a duct work job, I stepped on a stud in an attic that wasn't properly nailed in. I went through the ceiling and ****ed up my neck, back, hip, and knees. I've been on disability since. I had hip surgery 10/31/17 and will likely need 2 fusions in my back and one in my neck (still fighting worker's comp insurance).

That's a life changer. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 06:31 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
How would your supervisor know if your sick or how ill you are? People can sniffle and snort and cough and I wouldnt know it from the plague or a allergy.
Buehler445 answers to no one, except for the Mrs.
[Reply]
srvy 06:31 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
That wasnt directed at you Beuhler445 was intended for Banecat.
[Reply]
banecat 06:31 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
On 3/20/17, while finishing up a duct work job, I stepped on a stud in an attic that wasn't properly nailed in. I went through the ceiling and ****ed up my neck, back, hip, and knees. I've been on disability since. I had hip surgery 10/31/17 and will likely need 2 fusions in my back and one in my neck (still fighting worker's comp insurance).

I think that you get a pass
[Reply]
srvy 06:36 PM 07-15-2018
You are responsible for yourself. I am not your mother, doctor or nurse. If you show up to work then give me 8 honest hours if not stay home.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up