ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How many days of work have you missed in the last year?
Zero 50 48.08%
1 16 15.38%
2 9 8.65%
3 10 9.62%
4 5 4.81%
5 2 1.92%
6 4 3.85%
7 0 0%
8 5 4.81%
I've missed 489 days of work because Gaz is my boss 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How many days of work have you missed in the last year?
TLO 06:25 PM 07-13-2018
Please include any and all absences due to being ill, family emergencies, etc.

Do not include scheduled days off, vacation time, etc.

Poll coming up.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:50 PM 07-15-2018
I worked at the same job for 33 years and accumulated several sick days. My last seven months I called in sick once a week. They had a pattern rule for abuse of attendance. So I would call in sick Tuesday one week, the next week Wednesday, and the week after that Thursday. then reverse it. Wednesday , Tuesday, Thursday as to not set a pattern. Monday's and Friday's were not an option until my last few weeks. This was a union job so I had the luxury of playing the attendance game.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:08 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
How would your supervisor know if your sick or how ill you are? People can sniffle and snort and cough and I wouldnt know it from the plague or a allergy.
Supervisor is me, man. I know.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:36 PM 07-15-2018
Zero.
[Reply]
srvy 11:02 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Your sniffles could be my pneumonia. Keep your shit to yourself.
Honestly if I was in this predicament I wouldnt leave it to chance. Better to take care of yourself and not trust your coworkers on this.

I suppose I would have a box of these.

[Reply]
splatbass 11:22 PM 07-15-2018
Honestly if I was in this predicament I wouldnt leave it to chance. Better to take care of yourself and not trust your coworkers on this.

I suppose I would have a box of these.
Despite the sarcasm in your ignorant post, I have some of them. It would just be nice if people weren't such selfish douchebags and didn't come to work sick.
[Reply]
srvy 11:29 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Despite the sarcasm in your ignorant post, I have some of them. It would just be nice if people weren't such selfish douchebags and didn't come to work sick.
You are responsible for your welfare as an adult.

I dont see anything sarcastic in my post. Why do you expect your coworkers to know about your predicament? Also why would you trust them to care?
[Reply]
splatbass 11:35 PM 07-15-2018

I dont see anything sarcastic in my post. Why do you expect your coworkers to know about your predicament? Also why would you trust them to care?
All of my coworkers know. In addition, I am their manager and will send them home. But none of them are selfish douchebags. It is your dismissive attitude that sucks. Do you give a shit about anyone other that yourself? Do you have any empathy at all?

I hope you never have a disease like mine, but karma is a bitch, so watch out. How old are you? I didn't get this until I was 49. It can still happen to you.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:44 PM 07-15-2018
One more very obvious point you are missing. If you go to work sick and get others sick it is YOUR fault, not theirs. Personal fucking responsibility.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:53 PM 07-15-2018
For me personally, this is a bad year to ask this question. I broke my shoulder slipping on ice in January. I was out 7 weeks.

And I am an ex smoker that missed a lot of work due to pneumonia and other lung involved stuff.

But last year was good. I think after quitting smoking, I only missed work once, maybe twice. Just due to normal illness type of stuff.

As a kid/young adult, it would of taken a gang of thugs with baseball bats to get me to miss work. I never missed. My motto was Cant make any money if you ain't at work :-)
[Reply]
srvy 11:57 PM 07-15-2018
Well goodluck to you and your germ free office. Are you sure when you leave for the day that the cleaning crew got past your safety net. How about the delivery person or courier or mailman. Also are you a Doctor are you certain they are to sick and contagious to be at work.

You seem to want to paint me as a unfeeling uncaring person I dont really care. But to me your coming on as a authoritarian a hole supervisor. I work at a large engineering corporation and have to constantly take training. I know I cannot send people home because I think they are sick. I can ask if they are ok do you need to go home. We dont have a nurse to be sent to and since I am not a trained physician I cannot make that call just suggest.
[Reply]
splatbass 12:08 AM 07-16-2018

You seem to want to paint me as a unfeeling uncaring person I dont really care.
Well, if you think the person spreading the disease is innocent and the person getting sick from him is at fault then you are uncaring.
[Reply]
splatbass 12:11 AM 07-16-2018
But to me your coming on as a authoritarian a hole supervisor. I work at a large engineering corporation and have to constantly take training. I know I cannot send people home because I think they are sick. I can ask if they are ok do you need to go home. We dont have a nurse to be sent to and since I am not a trained physician I cannot make that call just suggest.
My employees respect me. They are also responsible adults who don't want to make anyone sick.
[Reply]
srvy 12:30 AM 07-16-2018
My employees respect me. They are also responsible adults who don't want to make anyone sick.
Then why as you said you have had to send some home?

My crews respect me because I was one of them and trained most of them. I also have recommended many co-workers for field manager positions at other companies that are very successful and making good bank. We share information and remain friends today even though we are competitors. Id rather have that respect than have my crews scared to cough around me.

Honestly you go out to eat do you assume its sanitary. Your wife and kids get sick do you send them away? I assume you take precautions and wear a mask I hope.
[Reply]
splatbass 12:41 AM 07-16-2018
Then why as you said you have had to send some home?

My crews respect me because I was one of them and trained most of them. I also have recommended many co-workers for field manager positions at other companies that are very successful and making good bank. We share information and remain friends today even though we are competitors. Id rather have that respect than have my crews scared to cough around me.

Honestly you go out to eat do you assume its sanitary. Your wife and kids get sick do you send them away? I assume you take precautions and wear a mask I hope.
What do you have against being a responsible adult?
[Reply]
srvy 12:44 AM 07-16-2018
What do you have against being a responsible adult?
Why do you expect the world to be responsible for you.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up