ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Emergency.
beach tribe 06:56 PM 07-09-2018
This is about as humbling an experience as I have ever had, and I just don't know what else to do...
I am at the beach in Fort Lauderdale, I came back to my car that I had parked in one of the hotel parking lots to find my car had been broken into and my wallet stolen.
The only thing I have is an old out of service phone and thank God, my Driver's licsence that I keep in there..
I am out of gas and have no way to get home or to work in the morning.
I have none of my numbers and no one I can call to help.
I NEED HELP.
If anyone could Western Union me some gas money I would send it right back tomorrow morning.
I know. This is so embarrassing, but I don't know what else to do. I have tried calling anyone who could help and cant reach ANYONE.
I cannot miss work. I don't know what else to do CP...
I'm so embarrassed..
Can anyone help, or offer a suggestion?
I am so stressed right now.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:31 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've run into that before. Out and late to get back and I didn't have his info in my phone. It is now.
Hell, before cell phones and the internet I had everybody's phone number memorized. Nowadays, couldn't tell you anyone's number let alone their email.

That reminds me, I used to keep important numbers in my wallet but haven't made a new list since changing wallets. Gonna get that done today.

Thanks for posting Beach:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 02:13 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
I guess we have to see if eDave get's his $10 back.
Oh, he'll get the $10 back. This was just a trial run to mark the most gullible among us for a big payday down the road. beach tribe will have eDave co-signing on an F-150 before you know it.
[Reply]
eDave 03:03 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Oh, he'll get the $10 back. This was just a trial run to mark the most gullible among us for a big payday down the road. beach tribe will have eDave co-signing on an F-150 before you know it.
I'm a Liberal. I'll just steal myself an F-150 if I wanted one.
[Reply]
threebag 03:43 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Not that its applicable in BT's case but a good rule of thumb is to familiarize yourself with your auto policy. A lot of people pay for roadside assistance through their policy and either don't know it, forget about it, or think it's only for a tow, and don't realize they'll bring you a couple gallons of gas as well.

Lol, I thought about making a similar thread looking for a ride once after I lost my keys at a concert in Lawrence and my wife was out of town. I got a ride back to KC and spent the night on my front porch. None of my friends were around, so after my keys were found and I got them back the next day, I Uber'd to Union Station and took an Amtrak back to Lawrence to get my car and drive it back to KC. Sometimes shit just happens.
I think some cell phone services offer up road side assistance also
[Reply]
loochy 03:47 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm a Liberal. I'll just steal myself an F-150 a prius if I wanted one.
FYP
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:50 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the issue is that I've been approached by people in a parking lot who "ran out of gas and have no money to get home" countless times, and at least a few of them have been out there again a few weeks later with the same story. Add in Western Union, which is one of the most common transfer services used in scams, and I can understand the skepticism.

It sounds like BT is legit here, but you have to admit that this sounds pretty scammy if you didn't know the guy previously.
Dude has over 20k posts on here and joined 11 years ago. He's not a total stranger walking up. If someone I had seen before in my neighborhood stopped me and asked to borrow a few bucks for gas, I would do it immediately. Plus, going after his drug use history over this is a really shitty move.
[Reply]
threebag 03:50 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
FYP
Posted via Mobile Device
Nothing like a little head in a Prius

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:26 PM 07-10-2018
Some of you douche bags need to drink antifreeze
[Reply]
scho63 10:12 PM 07-12-2018
I kid you not, I just had a co-worker borrow $10 from me on Tuesday evening and today he gave it back with apologies.

Shit happens
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:33 PM 07-12-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Some of you douche bags need to drink antifreeze
Can I borrow $10?

To buy some antifreeze, I swear.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:39 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Can I borrow $10?

To buy some antifreeze, I swear.
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be paying that back.
[Reply]
TLO 08:26 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
I kid you not, I just had a co-worker borrow $10 from me on Tuesday evening and today he gave it back with apologies.

Shit happens
That's a great story.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:28 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by TLO:
That's a great story.
this (for sure!)
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:57 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be paying that back.
Then consider it $10 well spent.....
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:03 PM 07-13-2018
So was this a real emergency or was it a test of the Chiefsplanet emergency response system? The thread is too long to read now.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up