ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Emergency.
beach tribe 06:56 PM 07-09-2018
This is about as humbling an experience as I have ever had, and I just don't know what else to do...
I am at the beach in Fort Lauderdale, I came back to my car that I had parked in one of the hotel parking lots to find my car had been broken into and my wallet stolen.
The only thing I have is an old out of service phone and thank God, my Driver's licsence that I keep in there..
I am out of gas and have no way to get home or to work in the morning.
I have none of my numbers and no one I can call to help.
I NEED HELP.
If anyone could Western Union me some gas money I would send it right back tomorrow morning.
I know. This is so embarrassing, but I don't know what else to do. I have tried calling anyone who could help and cant reach ANYONE.
I cannot miss work. I don't know what else to do CP...
I'm so embarrassed..
Can anyone help, or offer a suggestion?
I am so stressed right now.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:50 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Edave came through. Thank you so much.
FTR this story was not BS.
I have for the most part, been happy my whole life although I've been through a lot.
However my sons mother moved a few hrs away and took my son and I have been living with an emptiness and misery that I cant put into words and it's affecting my entire existence. I cant concentrate. I'm depressed. I'm just....
Anyway. Thanks everyone. Sorry for looking sketchy and shit. Really wasn't anything dishonest behind my plea. Just a lack of preparation and disorganization.
Thanks again.
bummer, man.

Hang in there..the current situation doesn't define your life, it's a just a small part of it.

Be strong for your son. Things will get better.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:50 PM 07-09-2018
I have for the most part, been happy my whole life although I've been through a lot.
However my sons mother moved a few hrs away and took my son and I have been living with an emptiness and misery that I cant put into words and it's affecting my entire existence. I cant concentrate. I'm depressed. I'm just....
Anyway. Thanks everyone. Sorry for looking sketchy and shit. Really wasn't anything dishonest behind my plea. Just a lack of preparation and disorganization.
Thanks again.
You don’t need to apologize for shit.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:51 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Exactly.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:57 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I remember when this place used to be a community. Now it's just a place for people who's lives are so miserable, they can only feel better by putting others down.

****ing sad...
I know why you want to hate me - I know why you want to hate me - I know why you want to hate me - 'Cause hate is all the world has ever seen lately - Limp Bizkit
[Reply]
DaFace 11:03 PM 07-09-2018
I remember when this place used to be a community. Now it's just a place for people who's lives are so miserable, they can only feel better by putting others down.

Fucking sad...
I think the issue is that I've been approached by people in a parking lot who "ran out of gas and have no money to get home" countless times, and at least a few of them have been out there again a few weeks later with the same story. Add in Western Union, which is one of the most common transfer services used in scams, and I can understand the skepticism.

It sounds like BT is legit here, but you have to admit that this sounds pretty scammy if you didn't know the guy previously.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:04 PM 07-09-2018
Thanks again.
Keep your head up man. Keep moving forward.

All the best friend.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the issue is that I've been approached by people in a parking lot who "ran out of gas and have no money to get home" countless times, and at least a few of them have been out there again a few weeks later with the same story. Add in Western Union, which is one of the most common transfer services used in scams, and I can understand the skepticism.

It sounds like BT is legit here, but you have to admit that this sounds pretty scammy if you didn't know the guy previously.
Eh. If BT was a fraud the sleuths here would have wrecked him years ago.

And it was $10. Not like he’s asking for the world here.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:07 PM 07-09-2018

Fucking sad...
You know what this place needs? Someone threatening to sue. Nothin brings this place together like obliterating morons that think they can sue. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:13 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
In this case, we are in agreement.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:14 PM 07-09-2018
Good job, edave
[Reply]
DaFace 11:27 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh. If BT was a fraud the sleuths here would have wrecked him years ago.

And it was $10. Not like he’s asking for the world here.
Sure, but it took 25 posts before anyone realized he was only asking for $10.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:39 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sure, but it took $25 posts before anyone realized he was only asking for $10.
Also who was really laying it on him other than Billay, who is a known dipshit?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:28 AM 07-10-2018
Hey eDave, I'm out of Beer. Help!
[Reply]
stumppy 05:35 AM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Poster with a history of drug abuse now has no other methods by which to get money, his car is out of gas, and the only thing he has is an out of service phone, yet he's able to get online?
The dude admitted to having a drug problem what, 10 - 12 years ago and that's the first fucking thing you go to.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:40 AM 07-10-2018
Not that its applicable in BT's case but a good rule of thumb is to familiarize yourself with your auto policy. A lot of people pay for roadside assistance through their policy and either don't know it, forget about it, or think it's only for a tow, and don't realize they'll bring you a couple gallons of gas as well.

Lol, I thought about making a similar thread looking for a ride once after I lost my keys at a concert in Lawrence and my wife was out of town. I got a ride back to KC and spent the night on my front porch. None of my friends were around, so after my keys were found and I got them back the next day, I Uber'd to Union Station and took an Amtrak back to Lawrence to get my car and drive it back to KC. Sometimes shit just happens.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up