ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 67
« First < 16566263646566 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread.
TripleThreat 02:47 PM 06-15-2018
The most popular tournament in the world has finally come to a reality after 4 long years. 32 teams battle it out for the once every four year tournament known as the FIFA World Cup.

USA Eliminated from the World Cup, and did not qualify for the tournament for the first time since 1986. USA plans and vows to be back as a power house for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

USA, Mexico, and Canada will host the 2026 FIFA World Cup, with USA hosting 60 of the 80 matches. Below is a link for the 2026 possible venues for play, Arrowhead being one of the possibility's as a venue for the cup.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wor...da-going-to-be

Below are the 32 teams that qualified this year for the 2018 World Cup, and will fight for a chance at the title.

Eliminated:

Group A: Saudia Arabia, Egypt

Group B: Iran, Morocco

Group C: Peru, Australia

Group D: Iceland, Nigeria

Group E: Costa Rica, serbia

Group F: Germany, Korea Republic

Group G: Panama Tunisia

Group H: Poland, Senegal

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:35 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Listening to Alexi Lalas trying to defend Griezmann's dive that led to the first goal.

USA soccer mentality.
Why is that USA soccer mentality?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:44 PM 07-15-2018
Go Frogs!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:31 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
That’s game. **** France but they took advantage of a team that sure looked like they had stage fright to me.
Stage fright? Croatia played a superb game. They owned France in the first half with France getting a few garbage goals. I think the second half was exhaustion, desperation, and frustration. Who knows if any of that happens if it was a tie game. It's just a shame that after such a terrific World Cup, that Croatia got jobbed like that mixed with horrendous luck. The handball was controversial, but it was especially controversial after the bullshit flop free kick which is a total embarrassment for the sport. Then in the second half, Croatia had their momentum destroyed because of a few shitbags running onto the pitch. France probably pulls through no matter what, but what a ****ing travesty to put Croatia through that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:33 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Why is that USA soccer mentality?
Because Lalas was commenting on it from the sidelines, just like the USMNT.

Too soon?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:40 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Because Lalas was commenting on it from the sidelines, just like the USMNT.

Too soon?
Not too soon at all. All the USA has to do is import some talent (legally), and we'll be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:53 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Not too soon at all. All the USA has to do is import some talent (legally), and we'll be fine.

The USMNT is a shit show because of the corrupt shit that happens with MLS and SUM. They'd rather make money off MLS than put together the best possible USMNT. Damn shame.

The US needs to export more talent. Not throw them into the shitty MLS. That seems to be the bigger problem.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:36 AM 07-16-2018
Playing on soccer fields with no land mines has to be a new experience for the Croatians.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:48 AM 07-16-2018
The USMNT is a shit show because of the corrupt shit that happens with MLS and SUM. They'd rather make money off MLS than put together the best possible USMNT. Damn shame.

The US needs to export more talent. Not throw them into the shitty MLS. That seems to be the bigger problem.
I'm pretty sure that if we were producing the world's best players, they'd be in Europe.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:55 AM 07-16-2018
I'm pretty sure that if we were producing the world's best players, they'd be in Europe.

US players aren't going to Europe because the MLS basically runs the usmnt and are insisting on our best players staying here. Not because they aren't good enough. MLS doesn't want their best players to go to other leagues because it threatens mls popularity.

And nothing will never change. It's a corrupt system that puts MLS popularity (and therefore money) above building the best usmnt team possible. The MLS and usmnt boards need to be separated. Sadly, it will take four years and another world cup failure to realize how broken the system is.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:33 AM 07-16-2018
When the talent disparity opens a little

[Reply]
oldman 07:40 AM 07-16-2018
Go Frogs!

Preview of the P&L District after SB LIV.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:51 PM 07-16-2018
Originally Posted by oldman:
Preview of the P&L District after SB LIV.
LIV? That soon?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 07-16-2018
US players aren't going to Europe because the MLS basically runs the usmnt and are insisting on our best players staying here. Not because they aren't good enough. MLS doesn't want their best players to go to other leagues because it threatens mls popularity.

And nothing will never change. It's a corrupt system that puts MLS popularity (and therefore money) above building the best usmnt team possible. The MLS and usmnt boards need to be separated. Sadly, it will take four years and another world cup failure to realize how broken the system is.
How did a guy like Pulisic end up in Germany then?
[Reply]
oldman 08:50 AM 07-17-2018
LIV? That soon?
Mahommes factor. Geez. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 08:55 AM 07-17-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How did a guy like Pulisic end up in Germany then?
He wanted to, that's how. He signed with Borussia Dortmund when he was 16.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 66 of 67
« First < 16566263646566 67 >
Up