ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 328
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:37 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
That's the Chiefs.

Royals are in a down cycle. Already liking what I'm seeing from the farm - if they're competing again by 2021, I really have no complaints at all.
Are the Royals in a down cycle or was the two-year run over the past 20 to 25 years an uptick?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:07 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Are the Royals in a down cycle or was the two-year run over the past 20 to 25 years an uptick?
Judging from GMDM's tenure, that was an up cycle/up-tick, and now he's back to the reload/rebuild phase.

If we don't start seeing gains by 2021 it'd benefit us to start thinking about moving on.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:55 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by kgrund:

I’d say it was more of a 4-5 year uptick. 2013-2017 was the contention window.

It took seven years to build to that point (and five to get the guys they used for that window to the majors).

You’d hope to shave 2-3 years off the build/re-build timeframe at this point, but not sure that’s realistic.
[Reply]
tk13 05:39 PM 04-11-2018
I think it was easily 5 years. They've been in the playoff chase each of the last 5 years. They faded a little bit earlier last year but it was the end of July and they were in great position. That's a pretty decent run.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:41 PM 04-11-2018
Gonna have a great draft pick this year. Come on Dayton move some guys let's gets some pieces.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:45 PM 04-11-2018
Duncan out of your list I like Casas the best if he pans out sounds like he could be something Hosmer never was
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:06 PM 04-11-2018

Looking good, @SalvadorPerez15! �� pic.twitter.com/iz4D5UxsBR

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) April 11, 2018

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:48 PM 04-11-2018
This downtown ballpark stuff should fuck itself in the neck.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:07 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Take your own advice
Should I request your yearly banning from this thread now or wait until next week?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:14 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Should I request your yearly banning from this thread now or wait until next week?
Enjoy the season bud were going to get a very good pick and Dayton isn't going to fuck this one up.
[Reply]
tk13 08:22 PM 04-11-2018
Watching the Red Sox and Yankees game. Carlos Febles is the 3rd base coach for the Red Sox now. Yes that Carlos Febles. I had no idea.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:41 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
This downtown ballpark stuff should fuck itself in the neck.

It’s gonna be awesome.

I can do without the random giant parking lots in the middle of Eastern Jack.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:01 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Enjoy the season bud were going to get a very good pick and Dayton isn't going to fuck this one up.
Reported.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:28 PM 04-11-2018
The great news is this is the best Ned has felt about a 3-7 team.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:31 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’d say it was more of a 4-5 year uptick. 2013-2017 was the contention window.

It took seven years to build to that point (and five to get the guys they used for that window to the majors).

You’d hope to shave 2-3 years off the build/re-build timeframe at this point, but not sure that’s realistic.

Didn’t take that long for Houston did it?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 328
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up