ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Preacher...
unlurking 06:23 PM 10-30-2015
Mentioned in the bigger comic book thread, but figure it probably deserves it's own thread.

[Reply]
Bowser 11:12 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
It has my attention.

How in the fuck is AMC getting away with this level of graphic violence? :-)
Ultra violence on its shows? Acceptable
Swear words up to but not including "fuck"? Acceptable
Basically pissing on religion of all kinds? Acceptable
BUT NO NAKED BOOBS WE ARE NOT ANIMALS AND HAVE MORALS
[Reply]
kepp 02:07 PM 05-24-2016
"You ready for that noise yet?"
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:34 PM 05-24-2016
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
Even thought he artwork is pretty terrible, the book itself is great.
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Agreed. About 10 issues in, the storyline was good enough to keep the artwork from being distracting. Although most issues I really liked the cover art.
WTF?! Steve Dillon is a genius. The covers were cool and all, but that book was way too tongue in cheek for that serious of a tone. The art adds to the camp and lightens the book perfectly.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:41 PM 05-24-2016
Watched it this afternoon. Good stuff. Looking forward to the season.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:11 AM 05-25-2016
It has my attention.

How in the **** is AMC getting away with this level of graphic violence? :-)
You ain't seen nothin' yet...
[Reply]
unlurking 06:15 AM 05-25-2016
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
WTF?! Steve Dillon is a genius. The covers were cool and all, but that book was way too tongue in cheek for that serious of a tone. The art adds to the camp and lightens the book perfectly.
I just didn't enjoy most of the artwork. Especially the facial expressions. Every mouth he draws looks like a clueless buck-toothed inbred idiot trying to figure out what 2 + 2 equals. I would say the best thing about the artwork is that it didn't distract me from the story as I was rarely inclined to pause and admire a panel.

The special effects in Army of Darkness were cheap and crappy. They definitely added to the campy and humorous tone of the movie. That doesn't mean they weren't cheap and crappy.

That said, my one disappointment is that Arseface isn't as off-putting as the artwork made him out to be. The scene where he hugged Jesse would have been fantastic if they cut from Jesse's face to Arseface to show some of that raw meat concoction dribbling down and onto Jesse's back.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:31 AM 05-25-2016
How about spoiler tags guys? Thank you. DVRed first episode. Episodes return June 5!
[Reply]
DaveNull 06:42 AM 05-25-2016
I just didn't enjoy most of the artwork. Especially the facial expressions. Every mouth he draws looks like a clueless buck-toothed inbred idiot trying to figure out what 2 + 2 equals. I would say the best thing about the artwork is that it didn't distract me from the story as I was rarely inclined to pause and admire a panel.
I read all of Preacher in one weekend. This week I found myself going back to read summaries because I didn't retain a lot of the detail about the characters and I think part of the reason why was that I could cruise through the issues because the art was pretty meh. It didn't really click with me how horrible it was until I started reading the Punisher run he drew.

It's so bad.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:38 AM 05-25-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
How about spoiler tags guys? Thank you. DVRed first episode. Episodes return June 5!
Everyone dies!!!!!
[Reply]
notorious 12:26 PM 05-25-2016
Stay away from the thread until you've seen the episode.
[Reply]
eDave 01:49 PM 05-25-2016
Stay away from the thread until you've seen the episode.
What's to spoil at this point? Other than the death of Tom Cruise.

I lept out of my chair when I saw that. Well done and so funny.
[Reply]
notorious 04:10 PM 05-25-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
What's to spoil at this point? Other than the death of Tom Cruise.

I lept out of my chair when I saw that. Well done and so funny.
That was awesome. :-)
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:14 PM 05-25-2016
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
I read all of Preacher in one weekend. This week I found myself going back to read summaries because I didn't retain a lot of the detail about the characters and I think part of the reason why was that I could cruise through the issues because the art was pretty meh. It didn't really click with me how horrible it was until I started reading the Punisher run he drew.

It's so bad.
Wow. I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just never encountered someone who didn't fucking love Dillon's work on Preacher.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:17 PM 05-25-2016
The special effects in Army of Darkness were cheap and crappy. They definitely added to the campy and humorous tone of the movie. That doesn't mean they weren't cheap and crappy.
They weren't 'crappy' because they were an intentional choice that served the film. Dillon's work on Preacher served the book in a similar way. I get that it didn't work for you, but this point doesn't really hold up.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:08 PM 05-29-2016
That said, my one disappointment is that Arseface isn't as off-putting as the artwork made him out to be. The scene where he hugged Jesse would have been fantastic if they cut from Jesse's face to Arseface to show some of that raw meat concoction dribbling down and onto Jesse's back.
This, exactly.

Arseface was constantly slobbering and spilling food out.

And there was a point to the art. A point to the constant drooling 'tards (as you would liked to have put it.)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up