ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite and why.
Astroland Amusement Park - Brooklyn, N.Y. 0 0%
Busch Gardens - Tampa Bay, Fla 3 3.85%
Cedar Point Amusement Park - Sandusky, Ohio 36 46.15%
Disneyland - Anaheim, Calif. 9 11.54%
Kennywood Park - West Mifflin, Pa. 1 1.28%
Knott's Camp Snoopy - Bloomington, Minn 0 0%
Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista, Fla. 15 19.23%
Paramount's Carowinds - Charlotte, N.C. 1 1.28%
Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, Calif. 1 1.28%
Six Flags Astroworld - Houston, Texas 2 2.56%
Other 10 12.82%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Top 10 amusement parks
Goapics1 09:34 AM 07-13-2005
msn.com has ranked the 10 top theme parks in their opinion. Which one is your favorite?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:41 AM 03-31-2009
Universal Studios Islands of Adventure needs to be on there.

Besides Cedar Point, its the best park I've been to.
[Reply]
Pioli Zombie 06:50 AM 03-31-2009
George Costanzas privates
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 07:38 AM 03-31-2009
busch gardens= free beer. its a no Fn brainer people.
[Reply]
blaise 09:25 AM 03-31-2009
Six Flags Astroworld isn't even open anymore.
[Reply]
blaise 09:30 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by penchief:
Wellsboro, Pa. About 50 miles north of Williamsport. God's Country. The endless mountains. Home of the Laurel Festival.

Funny you should mention the Great Bear. My daughter convinced me to ride it with her in hopes that she could break me of my roller coaster phobia. It worked. I rode all of Hershey's roller coasters twice that day and I overcame my fears. I've never had more fun at an amusement park. It was liberating.
I lived in Williamsport for about a year. Also Lewisburg for a year. It's beautiful there. I've driven up and down Route 15 so many times going up to NY State and down to DC I know it like the back of my hand.
We never went to Hershey Park though. We went to the factory for the tour, but not the amusement park.
We used to go to Knoebels, which I loved for what it was. You don't pay for parking, you don't pay admission, you just pay per ride- like $1.50 for a roller coaster. And they had good roller coasters there. I like the wooden ones best anyway. It was a very laid back place. Not crowded, you could bring food and eat at the picnic tables.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:12 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by blaise:
I lived in Williamsport for about a year. Also Lewisburg for a year. It's beautiful there. I've driven up and down Route 15 so many times going up to NY State and down to DC I know it like the back of my hand.
We never went to Hershey Park though. We went to the factory for the tour, but not the amusement park.
We used to go to Knoebels, which I loved for what it was. You don't pay for parking, you don't pay admission, you just pay per ride- like $1.50 for a roller coaster. And they had good roller coasters there. I like the wooden ones best anyway. It was a very laid back place. Not crowded, you could bring food and eat at the picnic tables.

Busch Gardens in Williamsburg is one of my fave parks of all time. Great mix of coasters and family entertainment. Nice and clean.

HersheyPark in PA. was great too. Just a cut below Busch Gardens, but still a nice park.

That was 8 or 9 years ago, so they may have changed...
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 01:38 PM 03-31-2009
apparently not Astroworld

for that bitch is closed
[Reply]
007 03:21 PM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Depends on what u want.

Cedar Point = Coasters. Do you love Coasters? Lots of Coasters?

Universal = Family atmosphere. Big budget shows and tons of dark rides. No coasters.

The also have Universal Islands of Adventure right next door.
We are all about the coasters. I just recently found out that Universal/IOA wouldn't cost that much more than Cedar point and I wouldn't have to spend 2 days just driving there. It's more expensive to fly to Cleveland than to Orlando too. I think my boy is still more interested in CP though so it may not even matter. If I went motel 6 the whole way we can do CP for $1200 not including food with a stop at Kings Island on the way back. Universal would be $1400 including the flight but not including food.
[Reply]
Hootie 03:46 PM 03-31-2009
I've only been to Cedar Pointe, so it gets my vote.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:53 PM 03-31-2009
Islands of Adventure - Universal Orlando.
[Reply]
007 03:55 PM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Islands of Adventure - Universal Orlando.
any chance you could elaborate on why Universal over Cedar Point?
[Reply]
HC_Chief 04:02 PM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Guru:
any chance you could elaborate on why Universal over Cedar Point?
Not many reasons; Cedar Point = roller coaster mecca.

This time of year, I'd choose FL over OH because of the weather. I also like the fact that IOA is right next to Disneyworld. You can go to half a dozen parks in that area, which is nice.

I think they're both great. My favorite ride however is at IOA: Spiderman. It is uberbadass.
[Reply]
007 04:15 PM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Not many reasons; Cedar Point = roller coaster mecca.

This time of year, I'd choose FL over OH because of the weather. I also like the fact that IOA is right next to Disneyworld. You can go to half a dozen parks in that area, which is nice.

I think they're both great. My favorite ride however is at IOA: Spiderman. It is uberbadass.
We aren't going until June so weather really isn't an issue.

I think my son is leaning pretty heavily toward Cedar Point though. Now I just need to figure out if Kings Island is worth a one day stop or if we should just spend the week at CP and maybe hit the rock n roll hall of fame.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 04:17 PM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Guru:
We are all about the coasters. I just recently found out that Universal/IOA wouldn't cost that much more than Cedar point and I wouldn't have to spend 2 days just driving there. It's more expensive to fly to Cleveland than to Orlando too. I think my boy is still more interested in CP though so it may not even matter. If I went motel 6 the whole way we can do CP for $1200 not including food with a stop at Kings Island on the way back. Universal would be $1400 including the flight but not including food.
King's Island is adding a badass coaster for this year. I'm not sure where you're driving back to but Holiday World is another option that you might consider. It's about 3 hours from King's Island in South Indiana.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 04:19 PM 03-31-2009
You can easily conquer Cedar Point in 2.5 days. King's Island is a good time. The best drop tower out there. Diamondback is the giant steel coaster that they're adding.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up