ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite and why.
Astroland Amusement Park - Brooklyn, N.Y. 0 0%
Busch Gardens - Tampa Bay, Fla 3 3.85%
Cedar Point Amusement Park - Sandusky, Ohio 36 46.15%
Disneyland - Anaheim, Calif. 9 11.54%
Kennywood Park - West Mifflin, Pa. 1 1.28%
Knott's Camp Snoopy - Bloomington, Minn 0 0%
Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista, Fla. 15 19.23%
Paramount's Carowinds - Charlotte, N.C. 1 1.28%
Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, Calif. 1 1.28%
Six Flags Astroworld - Houston, Texas 2 2.56%
Other 10 12.82%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Top 10 amusement parks
Goapics1 09:34 AM 07-13-2005
msn.com has ranked the 10 top theme parks in their opinion. Which one is your favorite?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 PM 07-13-2005
I've been only been to a few - Six Flags Mid America, Worlds of Fun, Disney World and Six Flags Great America.

Of those limited choices, I'd have to go with Six Flags Great America. Has the best rides.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 07:03 PM 07-13-2005
I also voted for Cedar Point. My wife and I are coaster nerd and make an annual trip up that way. The WoF pass gets us in for free and with direct flights to Cleveland it's a no brainer. The same pass also gets us into the park in Cleveland (Geauga Lake).

16 coasters and 3 of them have been world records when they first opened. Cedar Point was the first to top 200', 300' and 400'.
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 07:04 PM 07-13-2005
No Silver Dollar City? This is an outrage.

Their funnel cakes are excellent.
[Reply]
chop 07:05 PM 07-13-2005
I didn't vote but I do plan on going to Cedar point this year. It's only three hours away but I haven't been. The kids are getting old enough now to enjoy this type of park.
[Reply]
penchief 07:47 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Where in PA are you a resident?

My personal favorite ride is the Great Bear, but the Wildcat is a close second.
Wellsboro, Pa. About 50 miles north of Williamsport. God's Country. The endless mountains. Home of the Laurel Festival.

Funny you should mention the Great Bear. My daughter convinced me to ride it with her in hopes that she could break me of my roller coaster phobia. It worked. I rode all of Hershey's roller coasters twice that day and I overcame my fears. I've never had more fun at an amusement park. It was liberating.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:16 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by penchief:
Wellsboro, Pa. About 50 miles north of Williamsport. God's Country. The endless mountains. Home of the Laurel Festival.

Funny you should mention the Great Bear. My daughter convinced me to ride it with her in hopes that she could break me of my roller coaster phobia. It worked. I rode all of Hershey's roller coasters twice that day and I overcame my fears. I've never had more fun at an amusement park. It was liberating.
Wow! I actually went to Williamsport High School and now live in Trout Run! So when you say God's country, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I teach in MOntoursville and we took our kids on a field trip to Harrisburg and then Hershey Park. I broke one of the kids in my chaperone group of his roller coaster fear too. The only one he WOULDN'T ride was the Great Bear.
[Reply]
runnercyclist 08:21 PM 07-13-2005
Just went to Kings Island in Cincinnati. Amusment park was lame. They did have two of the worlds largest wooden roller coasters. But I hate wooden roller coasters, they just jerk the shit out of you.

Hershey park is the best. Great coasters and water rides and chocolate for the women.

Kennywood is OK for Pittsburgh and Cedar Point rocks!
[Reply]
Bowser 08:34 PM 07-13-2005
No Adventureland in Ankeny, Ia.? This poll is crap.
[Reply]
Phobia 08:52 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No Adventureland in Ankeny, Ia.? This poll is crap.
Heh heh. That's what I grew up on. Adventureland, WOF, 6 Flags StL, and whichever Disney is in Anaheim. My old man wouldn't spend a nickel anytime but family vacation.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 09:00 PM 07-13-2005
No Kiddieland on Wornal or Fairyland, or even the old Electric Park. My how times change.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:02 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
My old man wouldn't spend a nickel anytime but family vacation.
:-) I can relate, and there were not many of them.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:32 PM 07-13-2005
I"ve been to all of the above Parks except Cedar Point & Astroland....I will admit to a bias but DisneyWorld is still good entertainment to me and gets my vote.

One thing I cannot fathom is how Paramount's Carowinds made the list...it's almost as bad as going to a County Fair...only larger.

mmaddog
[Reply]
luv 12:21 AM 07-14-2005
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Steal your Dollar city? Its fun if you are a cuuuun-try fella, and like rodeos and crap like that.

My favorite is Disney World (Magic Kingdom in this case).
They don't hold rodeos at SDC. You ever been there?
[Reply]
Rausch 12:39 AM 07-14-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
My old man wouldn't spend a nickel anytime but family vacation.
My old man was the type that refused to let you stop and piss.

"We're only 7 hours from ****ing Disneyworld! We've been on the road for 20 hours already. You can hold it..."
[Reply]
Logical 02:55 AM 07-14-2005
I would say it would have to be Magic Mountain (Six Flags affiliate) just slightly North of LA.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up