ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite and why.
Astroland Amusement Park - Brooklyn, N.Y. 0 0%
Busch Gardens - Tampa Bay, Fla 3 3.85%
Cedar Point Amusement Park - Sandusky, Ohio 36 46.15%
Disneyland - Anaheim, Calif. 9 11.54%
Kennywood Park - West Mifflin, Pa. 1 1.28%
Knott's Camp Snoopy - Bloomington, Minn 0 0%
Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista, Fla. 15 19.23%
Paramount's Carowinds - Charlotte, N.C. 1 1.28%
Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, Calif. 1 1.28%
Six Flags Astroworld - Houston, Texas 2 2.56%
Other 10 12.82%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Top 10 amusement parks
Goapics1 09:34 AM 07-13-2005
msn.com has ranked the 10 top theme parks in their opinion. Which one is your favorite?
[Reply]
Katipan 10:50 AM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So you were kind of a non-nomadic carnie, mer?
Every morning I'd have to pick up my bright blue pants, a red and white striped shirt, and a red bow tie from wardrobe.

But I can toss a fugging ring around a bottle better than anyone.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:51 AM 07-13-2005
Me and some of my buddies all took a road trip a few years ago in a van to Sandusky, Ohio to go to Cedar Point. We drove up one day, next day went to the park from open to close, then the next day we drove back to KC. It was by far the best Amusement Park I have ever been to. There's around 15 roller coasters, in which about 12 of them are better than any roller coaster ar WOF. The other 3 are either little kids rides or the really old ones from the 50's and 60's. They have a roller coaster there that puts the Mamba to shame called the Millenium Force. It's 315ft. tall (compared to Mamba's 205ft.) and it runs approx. 95-100mph (compared to Mamba's 75mph). At night time they leave the track completely dark and when you're at the top of the first drop you cant see the track but for only 20ft. down. They have 3-4 roller coasters that are inverted and around 4 of them that are like the Orient Express but better and a few wooden ones. This is by far the best theme park I have been to. Universal Studios Islands of Adventure come in at a close 2nd, only because of the Incredible Hulk roller coaster. If there are 3 roller coasters in the US you must ride. The very best one is in California somewhere, where theres a new Superman rollercoaster where they tip you over like your flying in the air like Superman. I havent ridden that one (yet) but I saw it on Discovery Channel. The Hulk and the Millenium Force though are awesome roller coasters.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:53 AM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by Mer:
Every morning I'd have to pick up my bright blue pants, a red and white striped shirt, and a red bow tie from wardrobe.

But I can toss a fugging ring around a bottle better than anyone.
I would just like to take a moment to nominate the amusement park "Mer" as an other vote in this poll. I've been to Mer and enjoyed some great rides.
[Reply]
Katipan 10:55 AM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I would just like to take a moment to nominate the amusement park "Mer" as an other vote in this poll. I've been to Mer and enjoyed some great rides.
zero to psycho in 3.5 seconds, baby.
[Reply]
Electric 10:58 AM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Islands of Adventure: Orlando, FL
I agree with Islands of Adventure. But I've got to say that I've only been to three of the parks listed.

Busch Gardens
Disney Land
Disneyworld (Magic Kingdom) MGM Grand, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom,

Universal Studios Florida seems to have plenty to keep your heart pumping. IOA is part of Universal and has Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Jurassic Park, and a few other less intense rides. Spiderman is good, Popeye's Bilge Raft ride is OK, Dudley Dooright is fun, especially if you are riding with some hot women that enjoy getting wet!!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:05 AM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Why is that? IOF is a frigging blast... the Spiderman ride is quite possibly the greatest non-rollercoaster coaster ever :-)
I have no idea... I had a blast when I went. The two things that stuck out to me were Spiderman and the Hulk rollercoaster.... Granted, I haven't been on many of the so-called best coasters on the world, I hadn't ever been on a coaster that accelerated so well out of each turn.
[Reply]
DJay23 11:18 AM 07-13-2005
I had to go with Disney World because it's the only one on the list I've been to.

My favorite though, is Hershey Park in Hershey, PA. No, it's not the most incredible place you'll ever go, but it's got a good mix of older rides and big fancy new ones. They've also got a small zoo next door, and Chocolate World, where you go on a tour of a chocolate factory.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:24 AM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by Mer:
zero to psycho in 3.5 seconds, baby.
I run whenever I start hearing, "clack clack clack clack..."
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:51 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by apics1:
It is great. We went over Memorial Day weekend. The Top Fuel Dragster roller coaster is the best I have ever been on. Goes 120mph and is over in 20 seconds. Speed rush galore.
That was the first ride I rode there and the last for the better part of 5 hours.
[Reply]
penchief 06:18 PM 07-13-2005
I've been to Disney, Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags. But I have to say that, for me, the most pleasant surprise was Hershey Park. As a PA resident, I've always heard of Hershey Park but never visited until several years ago.

IMO, it is on par with all of the above.
[Reply]
Calcountry 06:22 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I would hardly call Santa Cruz Boardwalk a money trap more like a dirt trap or aka homeless/drugaddicts trap
:-)Yes, I was stunned by its inclusion on the list.

Speaking of traps, I was literallly trapped there once when the marine layer rolled in a couple of hours early and ruined a nice sunny day. EVERYONE attempted to leave at the same time, and it was a gridlock getting on Highway 1.
[Reply]
DJay23 06:53 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by penchief:
I've been to Disney, Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags. But I have to say that, for me, the most pleasant surprise was Hershey Park. As a PA resident, I've always heard of Hershey Park but never visited until several years ago.

IMO, it is on par with all of the above.
Where in PA are you a resident?

My personal favorite ride is the Great Bear, but the Wildcat is a close second.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:55 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by gochiefs:
Silver Dollar City isn't bad, actually. I'd go with that place.
Dude.....

C'mon.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:56 PM 07-13-2005
World's Of Fun not number 1?!?!?!

The media hates Kansas City! Damn Peter King!

Heh.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 06:56 PM 07-13-2005
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Worlds of Fun has a RESORT now. I wonder how they plan on making money with that.
They've had good results from the RV park and the cabins and they haven't even completed the entire complex yet.

They also started construction on a new coaster for next year. It's supposedly an invert and the constuction area looks quite large.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up