ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Pre-training camp throw-darts-at-a-wall 53 man roster predictions
RealSNR 05:22 PM 07-15-2018
I know how much people like O.City love to occasionally make crazy-ass roster predictions so they can gloat about being right the small number of times they actually are, so here's your chance now. All you've got to work with is a few sparse minicamp reports, college and pro game clips, your memory, and your gut.

So feel free to post your own predictions or just bitch about what a shitty job I did. I'm fine with either. Mostly, I just really wanted another football thread on the first page.

OFFENSE- 24
QB (3): Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne, Matt McGloin
RB (3): Kareem Hunt, Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West
FB (1): Anthony Sherman
WR (6): Sammy Watkins, Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley, Demarcus Robinson, Marcus Kemp, Gehrig Dieter
TE (3): Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, Jace Amaro
OL (8): Eric Fisher, Ryan Hunter, Mitch Morse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Mitch Schwartz, Parker Ehinger, James Murray, Cameron Erving

My worthless analysis:
DEFENSE- 26
DL (6): Chris Jones, Allen Bailey, Derrick Nnadi, Xavier Williams, Jarvis Jenkins, Justin Hamilton
OLB (4): Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Breeland Speaks, Tanoh Kpassagnon
ILB (5): Anthony Hitchens, Reggie Ragland, Dorian O'Daniel, Ukeme Eligwe, Terrance Smith
CB (6): Kendall Fuller, David Amerson, Steven Nelson, Tremon Smith, Keith Reaser, Will Redmond
S (5): Eric Berry, Daniel Sorensen, Robert Golden, Armani Watts, Leon McQuay

My worthless analysis:
SPECIAL TEAMS- 3
K: Harrison Butker
P: Dustin Colquitt
LS: James Winchester

My worthless analysis:
I don't have anything to write here. Do you?

PRACTICE SQUAD- 10

OL Kahlil McKenzie
OT Dillon Gordon
DL Dee Liner
WR Byron Pringle
OLB Robert McCray
ILB Ben Niemann
CB Arrion Springs
CB D'Montre Wade
TE Blake Mack
QB Chase Litton

My worthless analysis:
Hooray for looking up random shit about players and saying, "Sounds good. You're in!" Even if I get half of these guys correct, a practice squad is constantly evolving from week to week in the NFL. Last year only one guy (Gehrig Dieter) participated in Chiefs training camp, made the practice squad before Week 1, and stayed there for the entire duration of the season. So here's my probably worthless practice squad prediction.

I already explained my thoughts on McKenzie. We apparently REALLY like Springs and Pringle. Dee Liner... come on... he's a 340 lb. NT named Dee Liner. How can you NOT throw him a bone? I did see McCray and Niemann play in college football games last year, and I kind like the idea of seeing what they can do with an extra year. Chase Litton sucks, but whatever. I have no information whatsoever on Blake Mack; I'm just taking a random guess.

I think Dillon Gordon is actually really intriguing and deserves a good long look. He made the Eagles' 2016 roster after being shifted around from TE to FB to OG to OT all in one offseason. He was on the active roster for the entire season, then got bumped back down to their practice squad in 2017. They released him, and we picked him up on our practice squad midway through December. I'm not going to anoint him as a guy who will ever oust Eric Fisher out of the starting LT job, but he's certainly worth keeping around. But again, I'm just guessing here.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:13 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why do we need a 4th RB? Did you not see Sherman BAUCE THE **** OUT in Week 17?

Only joking. Yeah, I think 4 RBs is likely, but the only dude I've seen play out of that group is Kerwynn Williams. I know nothing about the other Williams, only that he saw some action here and there in Miami. Both dudes are unspectacular. I guess if I had to pick one of them, I'd put on Kerwynn Williams and take out Dieter.

I'm also emotionally prepared for DAT to play spoiler and round out the WR crew as the 5th guy. That's typically what happens, anyway.

What do you know about Arrion Springs?
Granted it’s only shorts/t-shirts stuff, the coaches were glowing over Springs during OTAs. Now some of the best writers have come out and said that they hear the staff likes him a ton and sees he and Tremon Smith currently as diamonds in the rough.

He also was rated very highly by PFF at the college level, for whatever that’s worth.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:49 PM 07-15-2018
I'd say we mostly agree, but here's my worthless attempt at it:

Offense (25)
QB (3) Pat Mahomes, Chad Henne, Matt McGloin
RB (3) Kareem Hunt, Spencer Ware, Damien Williams
FB (1) Anthony Sherman
TE (3) Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, Jace Amaro
WR (6) Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Chris Conley, Demarcus Robinson, Marcus Kemp, Gehrig Deiter
OL (9) Eric Fisher, Bryan Witzmann, Mitch Morse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff, Mitchell Schwartz, Parker Ehinger, Cam Erving, Ryan Hunter, Jimmy Murray

Defense (25)
DL (6) Xavier Williams, Derrick Nnadi, Chris Jones, Jarvis Jenkins, Allen Bailey, Justin Hamilton
OLB (5) Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Breeland Speaks, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Frank Zombo
ILB (4) Anthony Hitchens, Reggie Ragland, Dorian O'Daniel, Ukeme Eligwe
CB (6) Kendall Fuller, David Amerson, Steven Nelson, Keith Reaser, Tremon Smith, D'Montre Wade
S (4) Eric Berry, Daniel Sorensen, Leon McQuay, Armani Watts

Special Teams (3)
K Harrison Butker
P Dustin Colquitt
LS James Winchester
[Reply]
oldman 07:31 AM 07-16-2018
I don't see any way we keep 4 RBs. Our #3 barely gets the ball unless #1 &2 go down or it's a blowout. I pretty much agree with SNR with the exception of West. I think one of the new guys will step up to take that spot. Unless we have a lot of preseason injuries, DAT and Zombo are selling used cars come September.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up