ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>It's hard to be a knowledgable NFL Fan
MahiMike 01:29 PM 07-14-2018
Do you ever get tired of trying to argue your football takes to ill-informed fans?

Do you find yourself raising your voice only to stop talking completely?

Do you cherish the knowledge that ChiefsPlanet has bestowed upon you?

So I'm driving for Uber last night here in Jax and the guys ask me who my team is. I tell them the Chiefs of course and go on to explain how we ranked #1 in offensive weapons, etc.

Dude says, "Yeah but that Mahomes guy is a big question mark."

I tell him, "Jags screwed up by getting Leonard Fournette instead of Mahomes."

"What!? No Way! Fournette and Bortles are awesome! I can't think of a QB I'd like better than Bortles.", he says.

He actually said that. I stopped talking then, hoping for a $2 tip still.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to let Pat do the talking for us this year. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Spott 11:57 AM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
Jags fans are pricks, I was at the game in 09 where cassel randomly started throwing bombs to chambers to start a slight rally but ultimately lose. I mean lighthearted stuff but another chiefs fan few rows up got beer thrown on him twice.
I was at that game and experienced the same thing. My son was 12 at the time and we got cursed at most of the game by a bunch of white trash dirtbags, which is basically the foundation of this shithole of a city. I haven’t attended an NFL game since and have absolutely no desire to ever again.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:00 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Most fans are ****ing idiots. A majority of Chiefs fans are idiots.

It's sad.
But noise records!
[Reply]
R8RFAN 02:02 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Care to bet on over under Chiefs wins?

You set it at 6.5, I'll take the over, loser disappears during the off season.

Deal?
I have been here since 2001 and I have never seen you here in my entire life n00b... Why in the **** would I make a bet with a nobody?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 02:04 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rookie QB? The only rookie QB on our roster currently is Chase Litton.

This isn't the ****ing NBA or MLB. Your first year is your first year, and once it's gone, no matter what you did, you don't get it back. If Mahomes is ineligible to win rookie of the year this season, then he's not a ****ing rookie.
When you see him running for his life and throwing into triple coverage you will see
[Reply]
notorious 02:42 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
When you see him running for his life and throwing into triple coverage you will see
I agree.

He will also have the firepower to unfuck his mistakes in the game, too. This is the first time I've been excited about a Chiefs QB in my life. Well, maybe since Montana.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:53 PM 07-15-2018
If they would have had Johnny Manziel they would have done better that limp dick Bortles...

Mahomes may turn out to be a terrific QB , he has the tools but that does not mean he will be. Many can't miss prospects have failed and I think you guys are going to be disappointed with your 6-10 record this year... I am not saying he won't improve but he is basically a rookie regardless of holding a clipboard for 4 months. Rookie QB's are destroyed mentally by pressure and most never recover
I understand where you're coming from. And I think that it is mostly wishful thinking. You are hoping that Mahomes fails. Because if he turns out to be what we think he is, that will be very bad for the Faiders.
That said, you're right. Many can't miss prospects have failed. But how many of those players have been set up for success like Pat Mahomes? Most top quarterbacks are drafted by teams with talentless rosters. Teams picking in the top ten usually need more than just a quarterback. Lack of quality receivers, running backs, and offensive linemen make it hard for the young signal callers to succeed. But Pat Mahomes is starting for a team that has been a playoff team 4 of the last 5 years. They have a solid offensive line, the best tight end in the NFL, two very good receivers, the reigning rushing champ, and one of the best quarterback guru's in the league for a head coach. That's a situation that is just unheard of in the NFL. And let's not forget about his pedigree. Being raised around professional athlete's, he comes in a little more prepared than most. Add in the redshirt year to learn the offense and Mahomes may just have the best chance to succeed of any young quarterback in NFL history. Can you not see why we have such lodty expectations??
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:29 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
I agree.

He will also have the firepower to un**** his mistakes in the game, too. This is the first time I've been excited about a Chiefs QB in my life. Well, maybe since Montana.
Sure he will but it will take time, he may very well be one of the best QB's in the NFL one day but not next year or he could be a total bust

Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I understand where you're coming from. And I think that it is mostly wishful thinking. You are hoping that Mahomes fails. Because if he turns out to be what we think he is, that will be very bad for the Faiders.
That said, you're right. Many can't miss prospects have failed. But how many of those players have been set up for success like Pat Mahomes? Most top quarterbacks are drafted by teams with talentless rosters. Teams picking in the top ten usually need more than just a quarterback. Lack of quality receivers, running backs, and offensive linemen make it hard for the young signal callers to succeed. But Pat Mahomes is starting for a team that has been a playoff team 4 of the last 5 years. They have a solid offensive line, the best tight end in the NFL, two very good receivers, the reigning rushing champ, and one of the best quarterback guru's in the league for a head coach. That's a situation that is just unheard of in the NFL. And let's not forget about his pedigree. Being raised around professional athlete's, he comes in a little more prepared than most. Add in the redshirt year to learn the offense and Mahomes may just have the best chance to succeed of any young quarterback in NFL history. Can you not see why we have such lodty expectations??
I prefer my team to beat the best teams and I really don't hate the Cheaps like most Raider Fans do. Your lofty over the top expectations come from the fact that you haven't drafted a first round QB since the Dead Sea was just sick.
I am not trying to bust bubbles, Mahomes may very well be a quality QB but it won't be this year. Got to see how well he responds to that first hard hit or that first stupid pass... The unknown is exciting and I am glad for the old timers here the most but I am also anxious to see who will be the first one calling for him to be benched... :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:39 PM 07-15-2018
We will see that he is not a crier and makeup wearer like Carr.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:56 PM 07-15-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:

Why are you arguing with that moron?
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:02 PM 07-15-2018
God forbid Mahomes throws into triple coverage while running outside the pocket. I would really hate to see what happens if he does that!

[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:59 PM 07-15-2018
I have been here since 2001 and I have never seen you here in my entire life n00b... Why in the **** would I make a bet with a nobody?
You're the jackass puffing your chest out...

But hey, whatever man, good luck with life
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up