ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 268 of 268
« First < 168218258264265266267268
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:49 AM 07-20-2018
Finally watched this shitshow on Netflix last night. Somebody really doesn't like men very much.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:04 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The revisionist history people have given Luke in the sequels is the weakest part of the criticism of TLJ.

Luke has always been an impulsive individual who was prone to make decisions on a hair trigger. If you’re angry about his exile, blame TFA, not TLJ.
He was also just a kid in the OT. We are supposed to believe he never grew up?

Weak writing is to blame, for both these monstrosities.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:23 PM 07-29-2018
Just rented it for my kids. Forgot how boring it was. The final scene on Crait was good. First 2hr was a snoozer
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:12 PM 11-09-2018
Still love this movie.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:15 PM 11-09-2018
The only place we're getting SW from are stand alone films, the remaining, proven authors, and Dave Filoni.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:31 PM 11-09-2018
n1curr
[Reply]
Rausch 06:42 AM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
n1curr
SJW...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Still love this movie.
Weird because it still sucks.

Sadly, I watched Rogue One a couple weeks ago and this !@#$ing movie managed to even suck some of the joy out of that one.

This piece of shit really did wreck the Star Wars franchise for me. I thought maybe watching one that I thought was truly outstanding would wash the stain clean but sadly, the stain just released in the wash and fucked all the rest of them up as well.

This movie should die in an AIDS fire and no amount of reconning or rearview mirror rationalizing from the rights-holders and their minions can change that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:02 PM 11-12-2018
Art is subjective.

I still love it.

Better than any of the prequels, better than TFA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 11-12-2018
Art is subjective.

I still love it.

AIDS is better than any of the prequels. Standalone, of course TLJ is better than those abortions.

But here's the thing the Prequels didn't do (midichloreans and virgin births be damned) they didn't manage to make the original trilogy irrelevant or otherwise shit on the overarching property.

In some ways they tried and in several others they made the property something of a joke (JarJar), but people just looked at them and went "Man, those sucked, I'm gonna go watch Empire..."

After TLJ, I just thought "Man, that was awful...I"m pretty sure I don't need to watch a Star Wars movie ever again."

It's like killing Ted's wife in How I Met Your Mother so he could get together with Robin. It's a wrapup so inexplicably tone deaf and unbelievably bad that it makes repeat viewings of anything that came before it just not worth the effort.

The prequels didn't approach that and TFA at least set TLJ up with a chance to succeed despite being derivative. TLJ did nothing but harm. And you can try to say it was a superior story or better made film - fine. But context matters and the story arc matters. What TLJ did was nothing short of disastrous on both fronts.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:13 PM 11-12-2018
Art is subjective.

I still love it.

"That ain't sayin' much, kid".
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:33 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It's like killing Ted's wife in How I Met Your Mother so he could get together with Robin. It's a wrapup so inexplicably tone deaf and unbelievably bad that it makes repeat viewings of anything that came before it just not worth the effort.
I am just so glad Bays and Thomas decided to indulge their desire to be the Berthold Brechts of the American sitcom and because they forced themselves to use an ending they had shot have a decade before the finale.

Just so glad. Fuck eight years of development for three characters and negate probably the most successful aversion of a Ted McGinely-situation with the delightful addition of Cristin Milioti to the show amirite?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I am just so glad Bays and Thomas decided to indulge their desire to be the Berthold Brechts of the American sitcom and because they forced themselves to use an ending they had shot have a decade before the finale.

Just so glad. Fuck eight years of development for three characters and negate probably the most successful aversion of a Ted McGinely-situation with the delightful addition of Cristin Milioti to the show amirite?
I just can't come up with any way to have ended any series worse than they did that one.

I mean what's the comp? Danny Tanner goes to prison because he's secretly been molesting Michelle for years? Carl Winslow was actually a rogue cop "Training Day" style and ends up killing Urkle to avoid a Russian Mob hit? Han Solo and Luke Skywalker become sallow husks of themselves and die in needlessly trivial ways in service of getting them out of the way for some stock younger models who have no charisma to speak of and an unbelievably trite storyline?

Seriously - I can sit here and try to make up ludicrously bad endings to beloved characters/shows/franchises that are still not quite as bad as HIMYM knowing full well that NOBODY would ever be that stupid....right?
[Reply]
Page 268 of 268
« First < 168218258264265266267268
Up