ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
The Lounge>Looking for suggestions: BBQ Sauce
Indian Chief 04:28 PM 12-02-2019
A while back someone on CP had recommended Cowtown's Night of the Living Bar-B-Q Sauce. I wish I remembered who had said it because I'd send you a bottle of bourbon. It was suggested as the best bottled BBQ sauce and I agree. I usually make my own sauces, but this really was fantastic.

I had been getting it on amazon, but they want $16 for 2 bottles and I found it on here, https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com, for half the price. (And they have free shipping until midnight tonight.) Before I pull the trigger on an order, is there anything else on there that you'd recommend trying? I could use some suggestions for stocking stuffers or general gifts. :-)
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:29 PM 12-02-2019
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions, and please keep them coming in the future. I bookmarked the thread for some orders down the road.

My cart started getting a little full so I got about half of what I wanted and I'll save the rest for later.

I ended up grabbing the following:
Firebug, Original and Hot
Head Country Hot
Gates Original
Hillsdale Hot
Blues Hog Original
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 PM 12-02-2019
Crap, forgot to throw a bottle of Hillsdale in there.

Went with:

Night of the Living (2)
Firebug Hot (2) and original (1)
Pain is Good Ghost Pepper Barbecue (1)
Pain is Good Garlic Style Hot Sauce (1)
A bottle of G-Sauce from Go Chicken Go (because my dad loves the shit)
And a gallon of Tiger Sauce. Because it will make my wife angry and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy that big ass bottle than all the little 4 oz bottles I can find at grocery stores.

Preciate the suggestions gents and thanks to the OP for kicking off the ideas.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:47 PM 12-02-2019
Holy crap I'm an idiot. The whole reason I was on there was to get some more Night of the Living and I completely forgot it when going down the rabbit hole.

I just placed a second order for a gallon of Night and I grabbed a small bottle of Tiger to try.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:52 PM 12-02-2019
I'm in a barbecue sauce desert here in Denver right now. All of the sauce I can get at the store is pretty meh.
[Reply]
Miles 11:04 PM 12-02-2019
I learned of Tiger Sauce living in Louisiana for a couple of years. Really good on a burger.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:06 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm in a barbecue sauce desert here in Denver right now. All of the sauce I can get at the store is pretty meh.
I hear you. I don't think I've ever seen good BBQ sauce on a shelf in New Jersey. That's why I jumped all over the free shipping and stocked up for a good 6-8 months.
[Reply]
eDave 11:29 PM 12-02-2019
Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different has negligible differences.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different is has negligible differences.
So you learned how to figure out who thumbed down ya and now you're just looking to celebrate it, eh?

Because really, this post should end up hidden due to low vote totals when all is said and done.

This is an objectively terrible take.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:47 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different is has negligible differences.
What? Barbecue is highly customized, and can vary widely in flavor and quality. It's not some generic commodity like beer where every brand tastes the same,.
[Reply]
eDave 11:51 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So you learned how to figure out who thumbed down ya and now you're just looking to celebrate it, eh?

Because really, this post should end up hidden due to low vote totals when all is said and done.

This is an objectively terrible take.
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What? Barbecue is highly customized, and can vary widely in flavor and quality. It's not some generic commodity like beer where every brand tastes the same,.
Ouch.

Never really been a BBQ snob is all. You want to get nuts? I like A1 on my $68 steak at The Mission. I'll fight any one of you motherfuckers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ouch.

Never really been a BBQ snob is all. You want to get nuts? I like A1 on my $68 steak at The Mission. I'll fight any one of you motherfuckers.
I saw a dude order a $60 steak, order it well done and smother it in ketchup. I know that's okay in Kansas City now.

But it fucking isn't!

Savages.
[Reply]
srvy 12:19 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different is has negligible differences.
Rich Davis original recipe was great when he sold to Clorox (Procter & Gamble) they changed it up a bit its thicker now and quite a bet sweeter. Rick Davis was a bbq legend and his award winning sauce redefined the KC bbq sauce which was dominated by Memphis transplants at the time. Yes the sauce isnt as good now but its damn better than what most people across the country got with Hunts and Kraft or Ott's. Nothing to be ashamed of at all hell i pick up a bottle of the original recipe all the time.
[Reply]
srvy 12:21 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I saw a dude order a $60 steak, order it well done and smother it in ketchup. I know that's okay in Kansas City now.

But it fucking isn't!

Savages.
His 60 bucks I suppose he can eat it how he damn well pleases.
[Reply]
BDj23 12:49 AM 12-03-2019
I usually go with Cowtown - night of the living sauce. Wife prefers Gate's and it's good too but nothing tops KC/OKC Joe's sauces.
[Reply]
eDave 02:46 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I saw a dude order a $60 steak, order it well done and smother it in ketchup. I know that's okay in Kansas City now.

But it fucking isn't!

Savages.
That might just get your ass kicked.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up