ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
The Lounge>Chiefs offensive struggles
O.city 09:32 AM 12-02-2019
Last 2 weeks have been pretty shitty on offense. Sure they scored yesterday, but that's against the shitbird Raiders and the Chiefs looked shitty doing it.

Mahomes doesn't look right to my eye. Anyone else notice he seemed to be laboring to even get back to hand the ball off at times? Is he still hurt?

He looks skiddish in the pocket (with the interior OL I guess I get it) but the Chiefs can't win in the playoffs without him being his normal self.

What's everyone's thoughts on whats going on? Am I just seeing shit?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:31 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
This place has become Homer Planet. Not too long ago, people were driven off of this forum for such attitudes.

If people can't be critical about the team they root for, then why bother being a fan if it is just a love-in? - one will ultimately be let down.

I am pleased that the defense has stepped up and won some games this season. They are slowly but surely gaining confidence. The 4th quarter offensive play-calling yesterday was on point in finishing out a game. Special teams had a strong showing and team DISCIPLINE was phenomenal.

However, the Chiefs need to persist at shoring up their weaknesses, and the franchise QB is not immune from criticism here. WTF was that cross-body pass to the middle of the field that should have been picked? His footwork is a mess, and he has the yips at times, throwing too early when he indeed has pocket protection. Yes, the interior O-line is sub-par, and there is not enough movement in the run game to find an effective balance, but from the outside looking in, it is as if there is not total buy-in to the offensive game plan by the players. Teams are taking away the deep stuff, and if Hill or Kelce get extra attention, the other receivers and backs are struggling to make plays.

I think it was rabblerouser who pointed out the formation and run calls that the Chiefs used with Thompson in the game - when Sherman and Bell are on the field, there are generally positive gains made in the run game and no "negative' plays. the RPO game is ok in doses, but teams are on to that league wide. It was good to see the change up in this regard, and it will be necessary for this team to overcome some of its flaws.....
Homer Planet? People (including me) are ripping this team apart after a complete beat-down.
[Reply]
bobbything 12:32 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And thatís my biggest issue with Reid this year. Stop just running up the gut. Our team isnít built like that. And if youíre going to do it.....use Sherman.
This. Between the tackles/guards doesn't work. But we continue to run it. I'd much prefer pulling the line to the left/right and essentially having those guys block on the edges. Kind of like we did in the Priest/L. Johnson years.

If we do line up in a power formation, run play action out of it. They did it once with Sherman and it worked perfectly. But on 3rd/4th and 1, running up the colon of the center doesn't work.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:42 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
This. Between the tackles/guards doesn't work. But we continue to run it. I'd much prefer pulling the line to the left/right and essentially having those guys block on the edges. Kind of like we did in the Priest/L. Johnson years.

If we do line up in a power formation, run play action out of it. They did it once with Sherman and it worked perfectly. But on 3rd/4th and 1, running up the colon of the center doesn't work.
When we line up under center we usually run the ball decent. It's the constant shotgun runs that kill this running game.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:43 PM 12-02-2019
31 points in a must-win, divisional game...yeah we got problems
[Reply]
O.city 01:45 PM 12-02-2019
I don't give a shit about the Raiders. We're past that.

They have to be better against the elite teams in the conference to win the SB come playoff time.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:45 PM 12-02-2019
I just don't buy it. I'm amazed at the amount of ****ing we're getting after a 31 point ass kicking. Are Ravens fans concerned because Lamar Jackson's passing statlines resemble an opposing QB on Madden's rookie mode?

The conditions caused both QB's on the field to look like refried ass in both of the last two games. I don't see it as a trend, at least not yet.

If Brady tattoos the Chiefs for 300+ and Mahomes struggles to break 200 again next week, then I'll be concerned.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:45 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
When we line up under center we usually run the ball decent. It's the constant shotgun runs that kill this running game.
whats the difference? zone runs are zone runs no matter under center, pistol, shotgun. blocking doesnt change, just the formations do.
[Reply]
O.city 01:46 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
whats the difference? zone runs are zone runs no matter under center, pistol, shotgun. blocking doesnt change, just the formations do.
Are they really zone blocking most everything?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:48 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
whats the difference? zone runs are zone runs no matter under center, pistol, shotgun. blocking doesnt change, just the formations do.
A lot....
[Reply]
petegz28 01:50 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't give a shit about the Raiders. We're past that.

They have to be better against the elite teams in the conference to win the SB come playoff time.
We're 4-4 against teams .500 or better...

No one else or very few have played that many games against winning teams
[Reply]
O.city 01:50 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
A lot....
So what changes Pete?
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We're 4-4 against teams .500 or better...

No one else or very few have played that many games against winning teams
And?

They've struggled in those games offensively and are currently the 4th seed in the playoffs.

I'm glad you enjoy being .500 against good teams though.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:51 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
whats the difference? zone runs are zone runs no matter under center, pistol, shotgun. blocking doesnt change, just the formations do.
Are you serious?

Tell me this is a troll post...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:52 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
And?

They've struggled in those games offensively and are currently the 4th seed in the playoffs.

I'm glad you enjoy being .500 against good teams though.
you being cunty again?

i'm shocked
[Reply]
petegz28 01:52 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So what changes Pete?
How about getting a head of steam and taking an hand off in stride with your momentum going forward instead of just starting from a dead stop???

That seems to be quite a bit different....
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up