ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
The Lounge>Chiefs offensive struggles
O.city 09:32 AM 12-02-2019
Last 2 weeks have been pretty shitty on offense. Sure they scored yesterday, but that's against the shitbird Raiders and the Chiefs looked shitty doing it.

Mahomes doesn't look right to my eye. Anyone else notice he seemed to be laboring to even get back to hand the ball off at times? Is he still hurt?

He looks skiddish in the pocket (with the interior OL I guess I get it) but the Chiefs can't win in the playoffs without him being his normal self.

What's everyone's thoughts on whats going on? Am I just seeing shit?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:58 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interior OL has not been good and itís been ruining plays. Canít set up long developing verticals when the OL gives you no time
I do wonder why Wiz isn't starting at LG.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:00 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interior OL has not been good and itís been ruining plays. Canít set up long developing verticals when the OL gives you no time
Yes you can. Keep guy(s) in to help. Andy has a fetish for sending 5 out. This is not the oline to rely on 1v1's.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:00 AM 12-02-2019
Mahomes had 2 TD's removed in the Kelce drop in the endzone and the phantom holding call that took the Robinson TD off the board.

I think he was a little off but the gusting winds didn't help.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:01 AM 12-02-2019
Two weeks ago we played on an absolutely shit field (also without Tyreek) and this week we played in windy/cold conditions.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:01 AM 12-02-2019
It's gone back to the Alex Smith style of playcalling. Whether that's injury related, coaching, or the lack of WR's getting open as much, I'm not sure.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:01 AM 12-02-2019
The throw Mahomes made that the defender dropped was the worst throw I've seen him make in a while. Shit happens. When you're a gunslinging assassin you're occasionally gonna kill a few women and children that were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:04 AM 12-02-2019
Poor Interior Oline play.
Ineffective Run Game making it easier to defend the pass.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:05 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The wind definitely played a part, I will agree on that.

But he needs to stay in clean pockets more.
Actually what I saw yesterday was encouraging. Reid moved him around the pocket a bit more yesterday. There was one where I actually saw him burst a bit. He sailed the throw but seems the off platform shit was off all day because of the wind. He's been confined to a pocket offense most of the year. Which is good but where the magic happens is when he starts moving around. I saw him take shots yesterday I haven't seen for some time. In good weather he would have been a highlight reel yesterday.

Also... He looked like he was having fun yesterday. Haven't seen that for a while.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This would make sense if Pat had been sacked more than 1 time and isn't one of the least sacked QB's in football.

Here is something worth looking at, its the drive summaries. Chiefs started with the ball in great field position most of the game which limited yardage.

We punted 2 times and turned ball over on downs 1 time when we couldn't get 2 yards on 2 run attempts.

It was just a weird game, Kelce had 3 drops earlier that would have changed numbers significantly. I'm not saying they played like a well oiled machine but given the situations and weather, they still dropped 31 on them on offense.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20191...Nav-2019120105
It's not just the sacks, it causes him to leave the pocket. He needs to step up and make plays in there. Now, I think he feels uncomfortable because of the interior OL play.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:11 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The throw Mahomes made that the defender dropped was the worst throw I've seen him make in a while. Shit happens. When you're a gunslinging assassin you're occasionally gonna kill a few women and children that were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Don't know about that. Seemed like an OK read. But shows how bad the conditions are. Mahomes has a strong arm but off platform he's not going to get that ball there with that wind.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Actually what I saw yesterday was encouraging. Reid moved him around the pocket a bit more yesterday. There was one where I actually saw him burst a bit. He sailed the throw but seems the off platform shit was off all day because of the wind. He's been confined to a pocket offense most of the year. Which is good but where the magic happens is when he starts moving around. I saw him take shots yesterday I haven't seen for some time. In good weather he would have been a highlight reel yesterday.

Also... He looked like he was having fun yesterday. Haven't seen that for a while.
I don't think Reid moved him more than usual, Pat left some pockets he shouldn't have.

The wind definitely played a part, but they've gotta be better to do anything going forward.
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 12-02-2019

Patrick Mahomes passing chart versus the Raiders per Next Gen Stats. pic.twitter.com/enJijNFcgx

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 2, 2019


That's probably the fewest throws between 10-20 in a game he's ever played here. I'm thinking conditions definitely played a part there. That makes a lot of sense.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Two weeks ago we played on an absolutely shit field (also without Tyreek) and this week we played in windy/cold conditions.
Not wrong.

Only issue is, in January, you aren't likely to play in perfect conditions.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:21 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not wrong.

Only issue is, in January, you aren't likely to play in perfect conditions.
Wind is the thing you want less than anything Iíd say. We saw them do pretty well in snow last year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Wind is the thing you want less than anything Iíd say. We saw them do pretty well in snow last year.
Not really. They had a good start, then went into a shell for a while.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up