ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Evanston, IL Reparations
HonestChieffan 01:51 PM 11-29-2019

100% of Evanston, IL marijuana tax revenue will go towards black reparations

Not schools, roads, infrastructure, small business growth, etc.

Incredible https://t.co/4bxGJEEcWR

— Mommar (@MisterCommodity) November 29, 2019

Absurd.
[Reply]
D2112 05:37 PM 11-30-2019
You guys should liquidate their assets and move that money around like 5 years ago. If they have nothing it costs almost nothing to be in a nursing home. But they go back like almost 10 years now to check
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:44 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
Great job! Both of you guys! Aging parents are a responsibility and stress that you donít know until youíve done it. I took care of my dad 25 years ago before he passed and my mom for 8 years until she passed 3 years ago.

God bless you guys and god bless your parents!
Dad passed in 07, not sure how Iíll hold up when both are gone

I hope you had a close family to lean on
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:18 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Right on man and back at ya, yeah just couldnít feel good about myself packing up and moving to Florida leaving her all alone... both kids are still here but the closest one is almost 2 hours away, so that wouldnít do her much good

Are you basically taking the place of an in-home nursing service?

Iím not looking forward to those kinda decisions as she gets older, donít want her in a nursing home if I can help it... but jeeesh, donít even wanna think about it right now
My parents are actually in pretty good shape. No in home medical services necessary. The really hard part recently has been trying to convince my mom not to drive anymore. I donít know what it is with the elderly and driving, but itís like pulling teeth. They just donít want to give it up. Weíre pretty much there, but my mom waffles a lot. Dadís got dementia, so he hasnít driven for a few years.

Most of the job is just doing things for them that they donít understand how to do anymore. Paying bills, making sure insurance is up to date, etc. We spent about two hours at the bank yesterday opening a new account as they have recently moved back to California from Texas. They are buying a place in a retirement community, and just the basic stuff that has to be done is beyond them.

But they are able to go to the grocery store, pharmacy, etc, on their own.

I dread the day when they canít live on their own anymore. Convincing my mom of that will be about a 100 times harder than getting her to stop driving.

Trials and tribulations of aging parents.
[Reply]
D2112 06:43 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
My parents are actually in pretty good shape. No in home medical services necessary. The really hard part recently has been trying to convince my mom not to drive anymore. I donít know what it is with the elderly and driving, but itís like pulling teeth. They just donít want to give it up. Weíre pretty much there, but my mom waffles a lot. Dadís got dementia, so he hasnít driven for a few years.

Most of the job is just doing things for them that they donít understand how to do anymore. Paying bills, making sure insurance is up to date, etc. We spent about two hours at the bank yesterday opening a new account as they have recently moved back to California from Texas. They are buying a place in a retirement community, and just the basic stuff that has to be done is beyond them.

I dread the day when they canít live on their own anymore. Convincing my mom of that will be about a 100 times harder than getting her to stop driving.

My mom actually hit somebody in the parking lot after food shopping back in 2005. The guy freaked out on her and started banging on the car. She drove home (wasnít far) cops came knocking and thatís when I got a phone call. She was facing hit and run charges. I got a lawyer and got her off and promised she wouldnít drive anymore. (She was 77 at the time). And then I was taking her everywhere. But I was so relieved that I didnít have to worry about her driving anymore.

You take their freedom away from them when you take their driving privileges away from them. They donít want to have to rely on somebody for everything.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:19 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:

I do not envy you, good luck... son
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:12 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
I identify as a black resident of Evanston, IL.

Now gimme that reparations money, bitches!
^^^ This guy gets it! ^^^
[Reply]
threebag02 04:46 AM 12-01-2019
reparations piss me off, what a bunch of bullshit.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:39 PM 12-01-2019
Eventually you white ppl will come around. I dont want to be white, if I had a choice. Dont really know why anyone would. Now Id still want to be from a high socioeconomic family but that isnt really being white.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:43 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Eventually you white ppl will come around. I dont want to be white, if I had a choice. Dont really know why anyone would. Now Id still want to be from a high socioeconomic family but that isnt really being white.
:-)
[Reply]
Tinker Dill 12:54 PM 12-01-2019
Bwillie should be eliminated . I may so
It for free
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:56 PM 12-01-2019
Lol this is some hoe shit
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:11 PM 12-01-2019

[Reply]
BWillie 01:51 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol this is some hoe shit
Why do you think white is better than being another race? With all things being equal, and the increased scrutiny whites get why would you want to be white? It is nice not getting shot by the cops though, I do admit.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:51 PM 12-01-2019
ya, we know dude, you've only said this about 10 times now.

[Reply]
BWillie 01:58 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
ya, we know dude, you've only said this about 10 times now.

Wouldn't it be cool to have pride in your heritage and who you are? That would be quite invigorating.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up