ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What is Trump afraid of?
Lex Luthor 09:25 AM 11-29-2019
Early in the impeachment investigation, the GOP claimed over and over that all of the testimony was hearsay that was based upon second hand knowledge. Of course, numerous other witnesses with first-hand knowledge corroborated all of the charges, but Trump supporters still seem unaware of this.

There is a very easy way to get to the bottom of it once and for all. Put Rudy Giuliani on the stand. Put John Bolton on the stand. Put Mick Mulvaney on the stand. Put Mike Pompeo on the stand. These guys know exactly what happened because they were right in the middle of it. If Trump is truly innocent and he didn't use extortion to try to dig up dirt on Biden in order to help himself win re-election, they can clear that whole thing up.

Yet Trump has ordered everyone not to testify. That's not what an innocent man does. It's what a guilty man does.

I had a conversation just the other day with a good friend who is a staunch conservative. He told me he doesn't believe Trump did anything wrong, and he blamed the Democrats for making up the whole thing and relying upon hearsay. I asked him why, if Trump is so innocent, did he block so many people from testifying? He was genuinely puzzled by the question, and he said in all sincerity, "Who has he blocked from testifying?".

That's what happens to you when you rely upon Fox News for your information.

A group called "Republicans For the Rule of Law" has launched a campaign to educate GOP voters on the facts of the Ukraine scandal that prompted the impeachment inquiry. They purchased air time on Fox News for this ad. I hope my friend sees the ad and starts to wonder why an "innocent" man would block people from testifying.


[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:44 AM 12-02-2019
This thread....


[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:29 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
:-) Pure economic rubbish! :-)

Farm Subsidies Are Corporate Welfare — And They Cost Us Plenty
And make farmers less efficient. Most of these go to larger corporate farmers.
https://mises.org/wire/farm-subsidie...cost-us-plenty
Reality is a lot more complicated than you perceive it to be. The world is hyperconnected and economically complicated. You can't use New Zealand as an example to call my argument rubbish because New Zealand can A)Be free rolling the USA(like it does with its defense) and B)Other market forces give it an incentive to overproduce food(to export to countries like Saudi Arabia). If you eliminated farm subsidies from the world and made food production a completely free market in the entire world, there would be more famines.

A free market is going to "try" to produce exactly the right amount of food for the world to be food self sufficient. It isn't always going to be right. Sometimes it would produce too much food, and sometimes it would produce too little food. There are many more ways to produce too much or too little food than there is to produce exactly the right amount food. Ever heard the phrase "feast or famine"? If you want the market to error on the side of over producing food, subsidize food production. If you want the market to error on the side of under producing food, tax food production. We tend to favor feasts so we do things to insure an over production of food....one of which is subsidize it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:37 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Reality is a lot more complicated than you perceive it to be.
Don't lecture me, Nimrod. You haven't a clue how I perceive reality, especially when you claim it is so complicated. It's your lectur'ish ASSumption—just like your Fiona Hill tranny posts getting altered to mean hate of the person for their looks. Very left-wing style of debating.

That economics site deals with reality and refers to how government interventions do NOT deal with the complications of the economic world because they cannot. This is why big govt does NOT work, because govt cannot know every detail about reality for any fix to work. Markets may not be perfect, but they are still superior to govt interference such as subsidies which pervert incentives for farmers.

Originally Posted by :
The world is hyperconnected.
Thank you for making my argument for me. Read the article again with comprehension and a dictionary where you need it.

Originally Posted by :
You can't use New Zealand as an example to call my argument rubbish because New Zealand can A)Be free rolling the USA(like it does with its defense) and B)Other market forces give it an incentive to overproduce food(to export to countries like Saudi Arabia). If you eliminated farm subsidies from the world and made food production a completely free market in the entire world, there would be more famines.
I most certainly can use NZ as an example, since it's economy even more agracultural than the US.

You provide no evidence, no facts and no proof—just left-wing progressive rubbish asserting such is so.

Again, your use of "completely" is a strawman fallacy, if'n you read the article with comprehension.

Originally Posted by :
A free market is going to "try" to produce exactly the right amount of food for the world to be food self sufficient. It isn't always going to be right.
Irrelevant. Please read the article.

Originally Posted by :
Sometimes it would produce too much food, and sometimes it would produce too little food.
So.

Originally Posted by :
There are many more ways to produce too much or too little than there to produce exactly the right amount. If you want the market to error on the side of over producing food, subsidize food production. If you want the market to error on the side of under producing food, tax food production.
Left-wing progressive rubbish! Full of sweeping generalizations that are merely asserted in a lecture'ish manner. There is no such thing as perfect knowledge is a given. Logic dictates that govt doesn't have it either and cannot fix such matters as the NZ example proves.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:41 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Don't lecture me, Nimrod.
Someone got triggered by a better argument.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:44 PM 12-02-2019
It's not a better argument—it's all pure opinion with no facts, no evidence and no proof. Just you lecturing instead of making your case with any facts for an EPIC FAIL.

I'm the one that broke down your argument which is based on fallacies.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:52 PM 12-02-2019
...
The purpose of competitive markets and price systems is precisely to provide a way to integrate and coordinate the dispersed and decentralized knowledge in any society possessing a degree of complexity. ...

Markets Integrate and Coordinate Decentralized Knowledge
There is no doubt that in a system of division of labor there is an accompanying division of knowledge and, therefore, an asymmetry of information about things bought and sold by those on the demand- and supply-sides of the market. This is a theme in theories of the market process long ago explained by economists in the “Austrian” tradition, most especially by Friedrich A. Hayek (1899-1992), who also received a Nobel Prize in Economics in 1974.


https://mises.org/wire/capitalism-an...ic-information

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up