ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What is Trump afraid of?
Lex Luthor 09:25 AM 11-29-2019
Early in the impeachment investigation, the GOP claimed over and over that all of the testimony was hearsay that was based upon second hand knowledge. Of course, numerous other witnesses with first-hand knowledge corroborated all of the charges, but Trump supporters still seem unaware of this.

There is a very easy way to get to the bottom of it once and for all. Put Rudy Giuliani on the stand. Put John Bolton on the stand. Put Mick Mulvaney on the stand. Put Mike Pompeo on the stand. These guys know exactly what happened because they were right in the middle of it. If Trump is truly innocent and he didn't use extortion to try to dig up dirt on Biden in order to help himself win re-election, they can clear that whole thing up.

Yet Trump has ordered everyone not to testify. That's not what an innocent man does. It's what a guilty man does.

I had a conversation just the other day with a good friend who is a staunch conservative. He told me he doesn't believe Trump did anything wrong, and he blamed the Democrats for making up the whole thing and relying upon hearsay. I asked him why, if Trump is so innocent, did he block so many people from testifying? He was genuinely puzzled by the question, and he said in all sincerity, "Who has he blocked from testifying?".

That's what happens to you when you rely upon Fox News for your information.

A group called "Republicans For the Rule of Law" has launched a campaign to educate GOP voters on the facts of the Ukraine scandal that prompted the impeachment inquiry. They purchased air time on Fox News for this ad. I hope my friend sees the ad and starts to wonder why an "innocent" man would block people from testifying.

[Reply]
eDave 11:48 AM 11-29-2019
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command..."
[Reply]
Bwana 12:16 PM 11-29-2019
TDS
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:39 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Early in the impeachment investigation, the GOP claimed over and over that all of the testimony was hearsay that was based upon second hand knowledge. Of course, numerous other witnesses with first-hand knowledge corroborated all of the charges, but Trump supporters still seem unaware of this.
Seems more like someone doesn't understand hearsay, or inference.

If someone says 'I heard people say Lex Luthor is a pedophile,' that's hearsay and an impermissible inference.

If someone says "I met Lex Luthor and can attest he seems like a pedophile' that may be 'firsthand' and 'corroborating,' but it doesn't make it permissible inference evidence that Lex is, as a factual matter, a pedophile.

Seeming to comport oneself consistent with what an individual assesses to be congruent with a pedophile's comportment IS NOT an element of criminal activity.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:44 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
A group called "Republicans For the Rule of Law"

Republicans for the Rule of Law is part of a larger organization called Defending Democracy Together. That group says it is opposed to the “nativist” tendencies in the modern Republican party. The group is in favor of free trade and legal immigration. The organization’s mission statement says, in part:

“Today, the Republican Party finds itself entertaining some of the same unsettling nativist and authoritarian impulses that characterized Europe throughout the 20th century. These ideals are antithetical to what it means to be a Republican, and what it means to be American.
:-)

Fucking Lex. His TDS makes him fall for anything that says "orange man bad". Then it backfires on him.
[Reply]
Taco John 12:55 PM 11-29-2019
It's simple. He's afraid of setting a precedent that any one party can abuse their power and open partisan investigations without due process.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:03 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
It's simple. He's afraid of setting a precedent that any one party can abuse their power and open partisan investigations without due process.
Just like not answering questions from the police. The process crime crap we've already witnessed is enough to avoid these assholes.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:15 PM 11-29-2019
Lex,

People of your ilk have been calling for Trump's impeachment since before he took the oath of office. People of your ilk are not interested in truth or justice. People of your ilk just want him out of office. Why should Trump participate in you living out your wet dream?
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 01:39 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Lex,

People of your ilk have been calling for Trump's impeachment since before he took the oath of office. People of your ilk are not interested in truth or justice. People of your ilk just want him out of office. Why should Trump participate in you living out your wet dream?
Not true. I voted against him, but immediately after the election I stated on this forum that I hoped he would prove me wrong and that I hoped he'd be successful.

I didn't start calling for his impeachment until after he committed multiple impeachable offenses. It started with his attempts to get Comey to drop the investigation of Michael Flynn (who was later tried and convicted of lying to the FBI about his ties to Russia). That's obstruction of justice right there.

I posted the picture below in another thread. It's worth posting again. The Mueller report identified multiple impeachable offenses by Trump. You were naive enough to believe William Barr's "summary" of it.

[Reply]
Lex Luthor 01:40 PM 11-29-2019
LOL

Yeah, that's it. Trump is just being altruistic.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:01 PM 11-29-2019
Not true. I voted against him, but immediately after the election I stated on this forum that I hoped he would prove me wrong and that I hoped he'd be successful.
It doesn't matter what you personally did or say. The immediate, completely unjustified, never ceasing calls for him to be impeached has completely destroyed any credibility the left(with whom you appear to be aligned) has to claim Trump did anything wrong.

Trump doesn't have to be afraid in order to not cooperate as you suggest. He should not want cooperate because your side has been out to overturn the election the minute he won it. It would be foolish of him to participate in your "resistance".
[Reply]
Taco John 02:08 PM 11-29-2019
LOL

Yeah, that's it. Trump is just being altruistic.
I don't know why that should be a surprise to anyone. Though I wouldn't use the word "altruistic" in this sense. Smart is a better word. It would be dumb to allow the precedent to be set that a political party can push impeachment on purely partisan grounds without any due process.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 02:28 PM 11-29-2019
Mueller time guys!!
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:30 PM 11-29-2019
He’s terrified of not having the protections that his office currently provides him.

Won’t testify, won’t permit anyone to testify, won’t release any documents.....

Most corrupt, least honest, least transparent, least truthful.....historically.... leader of the MagaCrites.
[Reply]
Taco John 02:37 PM 11-29-2019
And when he's elected in 2020, there's going to be a movement to extend his presidency to a third term due to all of the obstruction and illegality the Democrats are involved in with trying to take down his presidency.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:46 PM 11-29-2019
And when he's elected in 2020, there's going to be a movement to extend his presidency to a third term due to all of the obstruction and illegality the Democrats are involved in with trying to take down his presidency.
Read the book DARK TOWERS
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up