Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Bernie: Tax hikes for everyone over $29,000
petegz28 09:15 AM 11-27-2019
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/bernie-sa...ZxLB0aRVm7Toeg
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 07:48 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Hey Jim Hammer, noticed you were on a minute ago... where are you at on Bernies proposal?
Originally Posted by :
A NEW STUDY from the Mercatus Center at George Mason University is making headlines for projecting that Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’s “Medicare for All” bill is estimated to cost $32.6 trillion — a number that’s entirely in line with 2016 projections, and is literally old news. But what the Associated Press headline fails to announce is a much more sanguine update: The report, by Senior Research Strategist Charles Blahous, found that under Sanders’s plan, overall health costs would go down, and wages would go up.
https://theintercept.com/2018/07/30/...th-care-wages/

I have no problem with my taxes going up if my out of pocket healthcare costs go down. I'm not sure why people's healthcare should be tied up to their employment.

It stands to reason that if the overall costs of healthcare would go down if we eliminated the insurance middleman and negotiated better prices for medications.

Those people bitching about paying for other people's healthcare probably already do. I'm reasonably healthy and the money paid into insurance on my behalf probably exceeds what I've gotten in return. Same for car insurance.

We are the most prosperous nation on the earth. We should have the best healthcare system in the world.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:57 PM 12-02-2019
It doesn't matter what the cardiac codger says he'd do, he's not sniffing the Dem nomination let alone the White House.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:04 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A tax hike sounds bad on the surface, but if you're currently spending more on healthcare and insurance than the tax increase would cost you, it isn't a bad thing at all.
Fuck your healthcare!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:13 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It doesn't matter what the cardiac codger says he'd do, he's not sniffing the Dem nomination let alone the White House.
He's not serious about his agenda, he's just a every 4 years attention-BEP. If he really believed in the shit he's spewing, he'd tell the DNC that, this time, he gets the nomination or he runs as an Independent.

He won't, like I said, he's just there for the spot light, theater, and the pay-off for not running as an Independent.

He's a skinny version of BEP, with hair...
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:24 PM 12-02-2019
Have you ever been to the DMV?

That's what government healthcare would look like.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:00 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Have you ever been to the DMV?

That's what government healthcare would look like.
(Walks in, pulls number 479)

Voice over loudspeaker: NOW SERVING NUMBER 2

*sigh*
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up