Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Bernie: Tax hikes for everyone over $29,000
petegz28 09:15 AM 11-27-2019
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/bernie-sa...ZxLB0aRVm7Toeg
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:27 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You know current system applies to people who aren't you right?

Turns out "whatever i got mine" isn't actually an argument.
I'm not him and i have mine too. And just like him, i pay in.

Probably just a coincidence though. We should all ignore it and listen to people like you.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:32 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'm not him and i have mine too. And just like him, i pay in.

Probably just a coincidence though. We should all ignore it and listen to people like you.
Especially when most of us are just saying "you can all have yours" and "here is the path to it!!"

This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. The government is not some sugar daddy just shittin' out gold bars and growing money on trees out in the back yard. No government in history (that I'm aware of anyways) has ever had a solitary dime to give away that was not first plucked out of somebody's pocket. Hell, if the government had a money tree, I would be the first yelling and screaming "gimme gimme gimme"!!!

When the dust settles, we all want something for free. Liberals and conservatives alike. That's just human nature. The liberal and conservative difference on the topic is that conservatives consider the person being taken from and not just the person doing the receiving.

When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's support....... until Peter runs out of money at least :-)
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:25 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Are these mystery people unable to work? Or not allowed to? Why doesn't it apply to them? There are actually a few who cannot, but they are taken care of. It's the rest of the Johnny Crackhead's and Suzie Spreadsalot's that I'm talking about here.

Me getting mine is no mystery of the universe. Most anybody who want's what I have can obtain it through a little sweat and labor.

..... or I guess they can take it through taxation, which seems to be the current plan, unfortunately :-)
I think Christians believe that jesus also loved "Johnny crackhead and Suzie Spreadsalot"
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:01 AM 12-01-2019
I think Christians believe that jesus also loved "Johnny crackhead and Suzie Spreadsalot"
Government isn't a God.

Regardless of what one thinks is efficient or effective or whatever, when you bring 'Jesus' into it, Jesus is ONLY concerned with the heart of the individual.

Jesus could give a shit if you pull a lever to empower a government to force others to do nice things for other others at gunpoint.

Jesus cares about your personal selflessness, charity and good cheer.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:38 AM 12-01-2019
Bowser: Middle Finger Hikes for Bernie from Everyone That Makes Over $29,000/year
[Reply]
Bowser 11:39 AM 12-01-2019
Look everyone, Rodeo cares what Christians think now.
[Reply]
TLO 11:39 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Bowser: Middle Finger Hikes for Bernie from Everyone That Makes Over $29,000/year
Approved
[Reply]
NWTF 12:25 PM 12-01-2019
His acknowledgement isnt necessary. Most people already know this. There isnt such thing as FREE shit. Its lets make your fellow working Americans pay for it.

I had this convo with my sil (Bernie fan) a few weeks back. Both him and our daughter are Bernie fans.

Surprisingly things he admitted after I said my piece on the matter. Tax hikes are inevitable if a Dem wins. Trump has been good for the economy and admitted CNN is overly biased against Trump and claims he no longer gets news from CNN instead ops for NPR which he thinks is neutral.

He had last word in our rare political discussion which was.

"Thats the problem, people just vote for whats best for them"
[Reply]
BWillie 03:59 PM 12-01-2019
Cut the military yearly expenditure in half and you could give EVERYONE a good tax break. But its too fun being the worlds watchdog.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:14 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Cut the military yearly expenditure in half and you could give EVERYONE a good tax break. But its too fun being the worlds watchdog.
Quit funding welfare to those that do not need it and start job training.
We have the greatest economy in the world.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:28 AM 12-02-2019
I think they do too, but I'm not sure where that came from? I also think that Mars is the 4th planet from our sun and that Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system for however that fits into our current discussion :-)

But since you brought it up, can you provide the verse in the Bible that says something along the line of "then Jesus said Caesar should take from John and give to Billy Bob. Likewise, he should also take from Sally and provide free healthcare to Sara".

If you can show me anything close to that, you will have changed my opinion on the topic :-)
[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:33 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Government isn't a God.

Regardless of what one thinks is efficient or effective or whatever, when you bring 'Jesus' into it, Jesus is ONLY concerned with the heart of the individual.

Jesus could give a shit if you pull a lever to empower a government to force others to do nice things for other others at gunpoint.

Jesus cares about your personal selflessness, charity and good cheer.
I think this gets to the heart of the matter. Leftist want the government to be their god. Mankind is built to be in a relationship with God. When we refuse the true God, we need something/someone to replace him with. Or fill the void if you will.

Just my opinion on why the left worships government. There may actually be another reason.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:55 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I think this gets to the heart of the matter. Leftist want the government to be their god. Mankind is built to be in a relationship with God. When we refuse the true God, we need something/someone to replace him with. Or fill the void if you will.

Just my opinion on why the left worships government. There may actually be another reason.
It's a tool for them to use to take what others have earned.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 06:39 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
It's a tool for them to use to take what others have earned.
That might just be it. It could simply be an issue of laziness, but I was kind of hoping it was a little deeper than that. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:41 PM 12-02-2019
Hey Jim Hammer, noticed you were on a minute ago... where are you at on Bernies proposal?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up