[Reply]
Donger 11:44 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
The United States subsidizes most, if not all, of these countries defense
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:44 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
You aren't aware that people in many countries with "free" health care have private insurance?
this is how it was when we lived in Britain growing up

dad never touched free health care

he knew better
[Reply]
Donger 11:50 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this is how it was when we lived in Britain growing up

dad never touched free health care

he knew better
Indeed. I know for a fact that it exists in the UK, France and Israel.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:03 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Yes I have. I'm sure we can all come up with healthcare-related anecdotes to support our beliefs, whatever they may be.

For instance, I used to work with a man who had been with the same company for 30+ years. He had a rare genetic liver disease, and was about 6 months from death. He was informed during a conference call that they would not be paying for his $1,000,000 procedure. That was in the mid-1990s.

I'm sincerely asking what Republican politicians are offering as possible fixes for the healthcare system.

Fake. Never happened.
[Reply]
2bikemike 12:11 PM 11-27-2019
We have a friend in the UK that complains about the wait times for service under their NHS. She says that some employers offer health plans that are supplemental to the NHS. With those plans she says you can jump to the front of the line.

She also says the system is increasingly underfunded by the govt. Which is exacerbating the problem.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:21 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by digger:
He's done.
This actually undercuts Fauxcahontas more then it hurts Sanders. Or, rather, it will if the media plays it straight.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:26 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
We have a friend in the UK that complains about the wait times for service under their NHS. She says that some employers offer health plans that are supplemental to the NHS. With those plans she says you can jump to the front of the line.

She also says the system is increasingly underfunded by the govt. Which is exacerbating the problem.

Yes, but the left-wingers in those places are working to eliminate these options.
[Reply]
DRU 04:26 PM 11-27-2019
For me, nothing beats a HDHP + HSA + Direct Primary Care physician.

If social security / medicare taxes were paid into our own HSA accounts where we can invest it ourselves we'd all be MUCH better off.

HSA's are extremely powerful tax advantaged vehicles, and when used properly can result in many years worth of deductibles being available, plus the ability to build wealth inside the account well above and beyond your deductibles.

I much prefer that over being taxed heavily just to put the money into ponzi scheme that doesn't provide any ROI. Yuck.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:43 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You still believe that's how this works? :-) If you think the government can run healthcare better than the private sector you are delusional. Will students pursue Medicine if the years of study are rewarded with appropriate compensation? Will new drugs and procedures be developed with costs controls?

Idiots...
/End thread
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:04 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
JFC this is the most idiotic post I have seen today.

A) Those countries are much smaller

B) The healthcare in those countries sucks

C) The taxes those people pay are outrageous

D) Those that are able too carry supplemental insurance

E) You're a delusional **** twat

F) You'd pay taxes on a bowl of shit an call it dinner if a Democrat told you too

:-)

Damned fine response!
[Reply]
RunKC 05:58 PM 11-27-2019
How do people think any of this is a good idea?
[Reply]
vailpass 06:09 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A tax hike sounds bad on the surface, but if you're currently spending more on healthcare and insurance than the tax increase would cost you, it isn't a bad thing at all.
Translation: If you are poor and don't plan on working to improve your situation you will like this. Everyone else, bend over.

There might be a more monumentally foolish notion than thinking the government can successfully run healthcare for a nation of 350 million non-homogeneous citizens but I don't know that I've heard it yet.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:29 PM 11-27-2019
Talking to my chiropractor today...he said he was interested in retireing. I , of course, told me he could not.

Said that My eye doctor, physician had all retired in the last year or so. They were both pushing 60 and retired.

He commented that part of the issue is insurance. They are not paying things they used to and are more and more difficult to work with every day. Getting paid by insurance is getting worse and docs are not getting paid for their services.

They said-putting the word GOVERNMENT in front of will make it WORSE. He knows of many docs that have said that if a democrat gets into the WH that you will see experienced doctors leave in droves.

Who replaces them???? Today's kids. That can't do anything without a 4 inch screen in front of them. Can't problem solve. Can't think.

We commiserated about our jobs. I am ready to quit too.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:43 PM 11-27-2019
A 4% tax on income over $29k?

In exchange I have no premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no insurnace bullshit?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:07 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
A 4% tax on income over $29k?

In exchange I have no premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no insurnace bullshit?
:-) yeah, and your level of health care will be every bit as good as it is now too.....:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up