Washington DC and The Holy Land>Bernie: Tax hikes for everyone over $29,000
petegz28 09:15 AM 11-27-2019
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/bernie-sa...ZxLB0aRVm7Toeg
[Reply]
digger 09:17 AM 11-27-2019
He's done.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:29 AM 11-27-2019
So...everyone that works.....except for the 14 year old that mows yards, and babysitters.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:34 AM 11-27-2019
A tax hike sounds bad on the surface, but if you're currently spending more on healthcare and insurance than the tax increase would cost you, it isn't a bad thing at all.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:49 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A tax hike sounds bad on the surface, but if you're currently spending more on healthcare and insurance than the tax increase would cost you, it isn't a bad thing at all.
You still believe that's how this works? :-) If you think the government can run healthcare better than the private sector you are delusional. Will students pursue Medicine if the years of study are rewarded with appropriate compensation? Will new drugs and procedures be developed with costs controls?

Idiots...
[Reply]
petegz28 09:55 AM 11-27-2019
:-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:55 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You still believe that's how this works? :-) If you think the government can run healthcare better than the private sector you are delusional. Will students pursue Medicine if the years of study are rewarded with appropriate compensation? Will new drugs and procedures be developed with costs controls?

Idiots...
Look at other industrialized countries that have a single-payer system, or something similar. Most of the standard talking points against single-payer are based on myths.

It's idiotic to think insurance and pharmaceutical companies are doing a bang-up job running things now.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:56 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
:-)
If your concern is your out-of-pocket expenses, tell me how I'm wrong.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:58 AM 11-27-2019
You aren't a student of government run programs and cost over runs are you.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:58 AM 11-27-2019
Look at other industrialized countries that have a single-payer system, or something similar. Most of the standard talking points against single-payer are based on myths.

It's idiotic to think insurance and pharmaceutical companies are doing a bang-up job running things now.
JFC this is the most idiotic post I have seen today.

A) Those countries are much smaller

B) The healthcare in those countries sucks

C) The taxes those people pay are outrageous

D) Those that are able too carry supplemental insurance

E) You're a delusional fuck twat

F) You'd pay taxes on a bowl of shit an call it dinner if a Democrat told you too
[Reply]
petegz28 09:59 AM 11-27-2019
God damn are you this stupid????

Do you understand how math works? Do you understand 2+2=4 no matter how much you need it to = 5???
[Reply]
FAX 10:00 AM 11-27-2019
On the other hand, you have to admit that the plan is extremely progressive.

Since medical care will resemble the VA, he's just getting out in front of the death tax.

FAX
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:00 AM 11-27-2019
My out of pocket expenses will go up dramatically with Bernie's plan. That's because for his plan to work, which means no copays, deductibles, etc, taxes will have to drastically increase to cover all that.

If we are going with single payer, we need to adopt the models of Denmark with co-pays and fairly high deductibles. It's basically insurance, but via the government. Not some utopian "Free" healthcare system.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:01 AM 11-27-2019

Sure. I'm sure things will be much better for me if I stop paying a private enterprise directly for coverage that directly covers me, and instead give the money to the government who's going to filter it through as a middle man and then attempt to cover me and a bunch of other people who are paying nothing. What could possibly go wrong there?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:01 AM 11-27-2019
Fucking moron.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up