ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Mayor pete a Lyin MFer
HonestChieffan 08:11 AM 11-26-2019
https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigi...dgqGmo9YQ1iO04

Interesting blistering attack on Mayor Pete...language may be too strong to copy and paste. I have a wackjob cousin who is way lft of way left and she posted this today....if the urban white women and the black vote runs away from Pete he is a dead man standing.
[Reply]
el borracho 08:30 AM 11-26-2019
I guess some have it tougher than others. Someone should let Michael Harriot know.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/con...ransportation/
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:50 AM 11-26-2019

What you read in that article is the ravings of an individual who swallowed hook, line and sinker, the machinations of the Democrat party to lay the blame for all ills incurred by any minority at the feet of the White Man.
[Reply]
neech 09:04 AM 11-26-2019
The language is too strong for me.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:05 AM 11-26-2019
Even I’m taken aback by the black hatred for GayBoy. And I always knew blacks disliked butt-pumpers.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:02 PM 11-26-2019
Pete says:

“Kids need to see evidence that education is going to work for them,” Buttigieg explained whitely, when he was running for mayor in 2011. You’re motivated because you believe that at the end of your education, there is a reward; there’s a stable life; there’s a job. And there are a lot of kids—especially [in] the lower-income, minority neighborhoods, who literally just haven’t seen it work. There isn’t someone who they know personally who testifies to the value of education.”

Pete's critic says:

Majority-minority schools receive $23 billion less in funding than majority-white schools, according to a recent study by EdBuild. Black students in Indiana, the state where Buttigieg serves as mayor, and across the country, are disciplined more harshly than white students. But even though Buttigieg has never attended a school with more than 10 percent black students, he thinks he knows what’s stopping black kids from achieving their educational dreams.

Apparently, it’s not the fact that the unemployment rate for black college graduates is twice as high as the unemployment rate for white grads. Black college graduates are paid 80 cents for every dollar a white person with the same education earns. White people leave college with lower debt and higher earnings. White kids get more resources, more advanced classes and have access to more technology. But Pete says it could all be solved with a vision-board.

NinerDoug says:

Isn't it possible that there is something to what both Pete and his critic say?

The idea that, in general, kids raised in a low income, often broken or absent family environment, are unlikely to begin, much less succeed in higher education, without parental guidance, role models, etc., etc., seems like a given to me. Sure, some will succeed. But not at anywhere near the rate that kids raised in middle class households succeed.

Sorry you're so mad at Pete, my angry friend, but the fact is, he's got a point.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:32 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
NinerDoug says:

The idea that, in general, kids raised in a low income, often broken or absent family environment, are unlikely to begin, much less succeed in higher education, without parental guidance, role models, etc., etc., seems like a given to me. Sure, some will succeed. But not at anywhere near the rate that kids raised in middle class households succeed.

Sorry you're so mad at Pete, my angry friend, but the fact is, he's got a point.
Or perhaps it is as simple as poverty and poor people have poor ways.
[Reply]
Cosmos 01:34 PM 11-26-2019
Pete says:

“Kids need to see evidence that education is going to work for them,” Buttigieg explained whitely, when he was running for mayor in 2011. You’re motivated because you believe that at the end of your education, there is a reward; there’s a stable life; there’s a job. And there are a lot of kids—especially [in] the lower-income, minority neighborhoods, who literally just haven’t seen it work. There isn’t someone who they know personally who testifies to the value of education.”

Pete's critic says:

Majority-minority schools receive $23 billion less in funding than majority-white schools, according to a recent study by EdBuild. Black students in Indiana, the state where Buttigieg serves as mayor, and across the country, are disciplined more harshly than white students. But even though Buttigieg has never attended a school with more than 10 percent black students, he thinks he knows what’s stopping black kids from achieving their educational dreams.

Apparently, it’s not the fact that the unemployment rate for black college graduates is twice as high as the unemployment rate for white grads. Black college graduates are paid 80 cents for every dollar a white person with the same education earns. White people leave college with lower debt and higher earnings. White kids get more resources, more advanced classes and have access to more technology. But Pete says it could all be solved with a vision-board.

NinerDoug says:

He does have a point, agreed.

I suspect that if he were to be elected, he would look to address education and opportunities for minorities.

What have Republicans done to help minority education?

They've already legally fucked up on student loans.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:51 PM 11-26-2019
Isn't Maddow a Rhodes scholar too? That sure worked out well. Pete is just too stiff imo.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:51 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
He does have a point, agreed.

I suspect that if he were to be elected, he would look to address education and opportunities for minorities.

What have Republicans done to help minority education?

They've already legally ****ed up on student loans.
:-)

“Look to address opportunities”. Code words for “steal money from whites”

Good luck with that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:57 PM 11-26-2019
Pete says:

Pete's critic says:

NinerDoug says:

It's a hit piece based on a quote taken entirely out of context. Whether he has a point or not, it's race baiting.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:00 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Or perhaps it is as simple as poverty and poor people have poor ways.
Kind of another way to say the same thing, I think.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:02 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's a hit piece based on a quote taken entirely out of context. Whether he has a point or not, it's race baiting.
I suppose you are probably right. I would like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he doesn't deserve it.
[Reply]
BDj23 03:32 PM 11-26-2019
Like I'm clicking a link to a website dedicated to hating wypipo.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:24 PM 11-26-2019
Gargle my ballsack you gaslighting motherfuckers - I posted a Harriot article a while back and the left harangued me to no end about posting a far-far-fringe article from someone no one had ever heard of and no one took the least bit seriously.

And today, we have a presidential frontrunner holding a press conference for NBC national news specifically to assuage the concerns expressed by this loon.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up