ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Thanksgiving 2019
HonestChieffan 08:58 AM 11-12-2019


We are just a couple weeks away from Thanksgiving Day and started making plans for celebrating the day. Here is a good read on history:
https://carm.org/thanksgiving

We have done Turkey about every way possible and we seem to alway go back to traditional side dishes...Sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad, cranberries, even mashed potatoes and of course dressing.

So many things we all have to be thankful for!!

What do you all do? Anything not as traditional?
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 08:10 AM 11-13-2019
One year we went to grandmas and tried the Fried Turkey, and I learned that if you pull it out early and it's not done but you cut into it to find out...don't put it back in the fryer. it dried out horribly. I've had fried turkey before and it's pretty damn good, so this was a disappointment for sure. Thankfully (pun intended) it didn't ruin the whole bird.

Lesson learned. We've never used the fryer since though...
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 08:13 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:



Powerful.
dangit dude...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:19 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Religion and religious celebrations don't fare well in the lounge.
Can you point me to the religion in this thread, besides my own? I can't find it.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:22 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:



Powerful.
As someone who lost their Dad at an early age, this cuts to the bone.

I'm not crying.

No really.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:03 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
What is that about? Honestly, day after sammich with great turk, some Dukes Mayo, salt and pepper and even a dash of Franks Hot sauce....Sara Lee has this Artiseno bread line that is simply awesome sandwich bread....makes you want to cook an extra bird for leftovers!
I don't know man, but seriously, I enjoy that better than the meal
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:55 AM 11-13-2019
I changed my mind Vailpass. Gonna do Thanksgiving after all, but gonna be creative about what kind of BIG BIRD to do for a Florida Thanksgiving as a thanks to my state for helping to elect Trump.

Gonna make Braised Flamingo.

It's an ancient Roman dish. I wonder if it would be more appropriate for Christmas, being that Christ was born during Roman times? What say you?




[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:39 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
dangit dude...
That hits a lot of the right places.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:01 PM 11-14-2019
I'm on a quest of sorts. Christmas time we get into high gear on some family traditional foods' We will make 4 or 5 Fruitcakes the weekend after Thanksgiving. We soak them with bourbon and wrap in cheesecloth and let them "age" till mid to late December....

We make a traditional Swedish Sausage called Potataskorv, a mild sausage made with ground pork, ground beef and ground veal

But what Im feeling a need for is:



We will have a few church dinners and I'd like to have the Deviled eggs that people devour.

I found this announcement from a Methodist Church in Pennsylvania. Very cool total community outreach.
https://www.christumcshipp.org/node/86
[Reply]
vailpass 04:38 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I'm on a quest of sorts. Christmas time we get into high gear on some family traditional foods' We will make 4 or 5 Fruitcakes the weekend after Thanksgiving. We soak them with bourbon and wrap in cheesecloth and let them "age" till mid to late December....

We make a traditional Swedish Sausage called Potataskorv, a mild sausage made with ground pork, ground beef and ground veal

But what Im feeling a need for is:



We will have a few church dinners and I'd like to have the Deviled eggs that people devour.

I found this announcement from a Methodist Church in Pennsylvania. Very cool total community outreach.
https://www.christumcshipp.org/node/86
So...is that bacon on top of a deviled egg? Because, like all things bacon added, it seems like a good idea.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:43 PM 11-14-2019
It's a good idea to put the bacon on top. Somebody brought some to a party once and they were mixed inside. I spit it out thinking it was a fingernail.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:43 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
It's a good idea to put the bacon on top. Somebody brought some to a party once and they were mixed inside. I spit it out thinking it was a fingernail.
:-) holy shit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:44 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) holy shit.
True Story
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:16 PM 11-14-2019
Deviled eggs make me gag. Actually cold eggs do that to me too. Just disgusting. I'd rather eat an alligator before I'd eat a Deviled egg. I can't even stand the look of them or the smell of them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:23 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Deviled eggs make me gag. Actually cold eggs do that to me too. Just disgusting. I'd rather eat an alligator before I'd eat a Deviled egg. I can't even stand the look of them or the smell of them.
Live or dead/cooked gator?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:24 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
It's a good idea to put the bacon on top. Somebody brought some to a party once and they were mixed inside. I spit it out thinking it was a fingernail.
Why didn't people just label the egg holding container? I often make multiple types of stuffed egg, and I label them and put them in separate containers to avoid confusion.

With the exception of only holding 20 egg halves rather than 24, this container

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QRFOLC...ing=UTF8&psc=1

works great for the job.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up