ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Thanksgiving 2019
HonestChieffan 08:58 AM 11-12-2019

We are just a couple weeks away from Thanksgiving Day and started making plans for celebrating the day. Here is a good read on history:
https://carm.org/thanksgiving

We have done Turkey about every way possible and we seem to alway go back to traditional side dishes...Sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad, cranberries, even mashed potatoes and of course dressing.

So many things we all have to be thankful for!!

What do you all do? Anything not as traditional?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:10 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Oh, and the BEST part of Thanksgiving is the cold turkey sandwich the next day!
What is that about? Honestly, day after sammich with great turk, some Dukes Mayo, salt and pepper and even a dash of Franks Hot sauce....Sara Lee has this Artiseno bread line that is simply awesome sandwich bread....makes you want to cook an extra bird for leftovers!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:35 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think I have all f those. Do you think it'll affect my pregnancy?
Listo is losing his testosterone, so he has a tad of dementia because his reading ability isn't what it once was. For instance, I did not tell HCF what he could say or post—just where he had to post certain things because this was a food thread. That's a sign of dementia.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:36 PM 11-12-2019

Tyreek Hill distributed holiday meals to more than 100 local families in need on Monday. This marked the third-straight year that Hill participated in this event around the holiday season.#ChiefsHuddlefor100 pic.twitter.com/sBo5edvROZ

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) November 12, 2019

[Reply]
Detoxing 06:39 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Listo is losing his testosterone, so he has a tad of dementia because his reading ability isn't what it once was. For instance, I did not tell HCF what he could say or post—just where he had to post certain things because this was a food thread. That's a sign of dementia.
If Listo has dementia then you're a fucking schizo compulsive liar.
[Reply]
eDave 06:42 PM 11-12-2019
BEP = Drunk Uncle
[Reply]
stevieray 06:44 PM 11-12-2019
...the Holiday spirit abounds!

See this thread.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 06:45 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Just informed by she who must be obeyed that we will have Brussels sprouts. I even invoked that I was born on Thanksgiving so I should have a little veto power.

that dog wont hunt.
Brussels sprouts, cooked correctly, are delicious.

Cut them in half, toss them in olive oil, spread on a baking pan, salt and pepper, and roast at 400° for 20 minutes or so until they are browned and crispy around the edges.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:46 PM 11-12-2019
I've been laughing all the way through it myself.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:47 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Brussels sprouts, cooked correctly, are delicious.

Cut them in half, toss them in olive oil, spread on a baking pan, salt and pepper, and roast at 400° for 20 minutes or so until they are browned and crispy around the edges.

That's how I make 'em but with some maple syrup and are the only way I'd eat them. I toss in some dried cranberries near the end sometimes or bacon bits or both.

I like the cranberries because they're red like a Trump state is red making for a conservative PC vegetable side.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:59 PM 11-12-2019
I think I have all of those. Do you think it'll affect my pregnancy?
I think you'll be fine...just don't allow yourself to become a babbling old crone and you should be good.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:01 PM 11-12-2019
Just so I understand, "chourico" is basically the Portuguese version of chorizo, right? I know they probably taste different, just trying to get an idea of the spicy level.
You can use them as a basic equation. Both have some pretty good variance. I wish I could be more specific, but they change based upon which version of chorizo/chourico we're talking about. But, if you want to go with chorizo, I've found it to be a workable, though not preferable, substitution.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:02 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
You can use them as a basic equation. Both have some pretty good variance. I wish I could be more specific, but they change based upon which version of chorizo/chourico we're talking about. But, if you want to go with chorizo, I've found it to be a workable, though not preferable, substitution.
Gotcha, Thanks, really appreciate it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:04 PM 11-12-2019
Gotcha, Thanks, really appreciate it.
My pleasure. I wish I could be more helpful.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:09 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
My pleasure. I wish I could be more helpful.
No worries. Just the little you've said gives me an idea of what to expect. I've cooked with Chorizo several times, so I'll find some Churico(?) and do some experimenting. I'm guessing they might be similar in the way that French blood sausages are similar to Cajun boudin.

Now you'll have to excuse me, but the Blues are on, and I haven't seen a Blues game since they won the Cup.

Peace.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:36 AM 11-13-2019

Powerful.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up