ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Thanksgiving 2019
HonestChieffan 08:58 AM 11-12-2019

We are just a couple weeks away from Thanksgiving Day and started making plans for celebrating the day. Here is a good read on history:
https://carm.org/thanksgiving

We have done Turkey about every way possible and we seem to alway go back to traditional side dishes...Sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad, cranberries, even mashed potatoes and of course dressing.

So many things we all have to be thankful for!!

What do you all do? Anything not as traditional?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:59 AM 11-12-2019
This belongs in the Lounge — NOT DC.

Why do you keep posting in the wrong forums?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:19 AM 11-12-2019
Religion and religious celebrations don't fare well in the lounge.

You need to relax.

The Holy Land encompases things you may not like so just scroll past and go try to dominate some other thread.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:25 AM 11-12-2019
Deep fried a Mcgonigles turkey the last 3 years. No other way to do it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:25 AM 11-12-2019
It's not a religious thread HCF. Thanksgiving isn't even a religious holiday. It's a holiday thread and you ask how others celebrate it and what foods get eaten. There's plenty of food threads in the Lounge.

You could put it in the "What's for Dinner" thread even.

You haven't tied the holiday to any politics or discussion of religion.
[Reply]
scho63 09:26 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Religion and religious celebrations don't fare well in the lounge.

You need to relax.

The Holy Land encompases things you may not like so just scroll past and go try to dominate some other thread.
This is a strange thread for DC matter how good the food looks. Is there an ulterior motive we are unaware of at this time?

Fauxcohantas?
White privilege?
Raping and killing all the injuns?
The Tomahawk Chop?
Pilgrims are Patriots fans and bad dudes?
[Reply]
Bwana 09:35 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
This belongs in the Lounge NOT DC.

Why do you keep posting in the wrong forums?
I clicked on the link, the thread inevitably would end up in DC and a few guys would end up in the Romper room, if it were posted in the Lounge. I know it's not your traditional I hate Trump/Clinton thread, but by posting it here, it saved some time and much butt hurt.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:37 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I clicked on the link, the thread inevitably would end up in DC and a few guys would end up in the Romper room, if it were posted in the Lounge. I know it's not your traditional I hate Trump/Clinton thread, but by posting it here, it saved some time and much butt hurt.
Indeed, a good read as usual.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:39 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Deep fried a Mcgonigles turkey the last 3 years. No other way to do it.
My son is a huge fan of McGonigles as well
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:42 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Honestly, I don't see how a food thread would get political or religious. Afterall, most religions don't even require church attendance for Thanksgiving. The first leftist to post even posted about food.

But okay, it's your decision, even if it's treated as a PreCrime or RedFlag rule.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:42 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
This is a strange thread for DC matter how good the food looks. Is there an ulterior motive we are unaware of at this time?

Fauxcohantas?
White privilege?
Raping and killing all the injuns?
The Tomahawk Chop?
Pilgrims are Patriots fans and bad dudes?
Exactly. It starts off in the first post with a picture of food and asking about food others celebrate with. lol.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:47 AM 11-12-2019
Exactly. It starts off in the first post with a picture of food and asking about food others celebrate with. lol.

Here is a good read on history: https://carm.org/thanksgiving

this could help calm your fear of things
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:53 AM 11-12-2019
So will other Thanksgiving threads about food that will go up in the Lounge be moved to DC, Bwana?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:58 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Here is a good read on history: https://carm.org/thanksgiving

this could help calm your fear of things
They're wrong. Just because it is a day of thanks for Americans for based on the abundance, the starving former commie Pilgrims previously suffered from—doesn't make it religious per say even if it is for you and some others. No church requires attendance on that Thursday. You are excluding others who are not Christian from celebrating what is a distinctly American holiday for all — no matter their faith. If you made this the subject of your thread as opposed to what food people celebrate with I wouldn't have said anything. However, you have a habit of dumping everything in DC when not related to such topics.

Oh and I have no fear of religion or religious people, but defend them. I even defended Christmas in the other thread. So if you're really a Christian you could start by being honest.

It's a Christian Apologetics site. But at least you're making it appropriate for the DC/Religion forum.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:05 AM 11-12-2019
So will other Thanksgiving threads about food that will go up in the Lounge be moved to DC, Bwana?
I doubt it, and sure hope it doesn't come to that. The mods are very serious about curtailing DC crap in the lounge. Most people "get it" but there are 4 or 5 dipshits that don't, even after warnings and a dedicated thread stuck on the from page of the lounge. Did you click on the OP's link?

This was the open line to the story:

"Is Thanksgiving Day a Christian Holiday?"

Now if that were posted in the lounge, it would without question cause severe butt hurt with some and a pissing contest would ensue.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up